Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saints Row 4 in August

GameTrailers now offers a debut teaser trailer for Saints Row IV, the next installment in Volition's open-world action series, which was recently sold to Deep Silver as part of THQ's bankruptcy proceedings. The clip shows off some of the over-the-top elements expected of the series including nudity, car surfing, and epic nut kicks (but no weaponized sex toys), and concludes with an August 20, 2013 release date. Thanks Hubert.

View
47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

52. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 19, 2013, 18:47 xXBatmanXx

Krovven wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 16:15:
Lol, you have thin skin if you think I was being hostile. Batman posted the link and I know he isn't going to be butt-hurt over what I said, so why should you? But again, that's how some of the folks roll here. Someone contradicts bad information and they are being hostile, or a fanboy, or a shill.

But I can't make a post these days without you going out of your way to try and antagonize me. And that's how you roll.

No harm no foul - I was wrong, bad memory. With that all in mind, my only gripe is that the DLC was lacking for a "Season Pass." Wasn't really a lot of content.

That all being said, if you don't have the game, the WHOLE DAMN THING is on sale right now for like 17.00 on Steam.

GO HURRY NOW AND BUY IT!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 17, 2013, 00:30 Jerykk

And I'll buy it day one almost guaranteed so long as the gameplay is good, even if the content is lacking. SR is one of those few games I will support to keep the series going even if I think I'm overpaying. It's really the GTA juggernaut threat that makes me feel that way.

Buying SR4 isn't really going to change the fact that GTA5 will sell 10+ million copies. You should buy a game because you feel it is worth paying for, not because you think it will diminish the impact of more popular games.

For what it's worth, I don't think SR will ever try to be a GTA clone again. It didn't work out for them with SR1 and it hasn't really worked out for any other open-world games since. Really, the only reason why GTA sells so well is because of its name. From a gameplay standpoint, it's pretty mundane and subpar. There have been plenty of superior and vastly more interesting and innovative open-world games since GTA3. I'm looking forward to Watch Dogs far more than GTA5.

50. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 16, 2013, 18:38 Beamer

Jerykk wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 06:15:
I feel like they should have spent more time on this. It began as an expansion, then was switched to a sequel once THQ realized that they were running out of money and needed to generate more hype. Everything I've seen in the trailer looks like an expansion pack. The superpowers could be fun but I don't think they'll be enough to justify this entry to the series.

I agree, but I'll take a wait-and-see attitude hoping that Volition will find a way to not hurt the brand with this.

And I'll buy it day one almost guaranteed so long as the gameplay is good, even if the content is lacking. SR is one of those few games I will support to keep the series going even if I think I'm overpaying. It's really the GTA juggernaut threat that makes me feel that way.

At the same time, SR2 came out 2 years after SR and was a refinement but much, much better. SR3 took 3 years. SR4 will take 2. If it follows the pattern of SR-SR2 then, well, let's keep our fingers crossed.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

49. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 16, 2013, 12:59 Creston

Verno wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 20:10:
Creston wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 17:27:
So what's so special about this whole "enter the dominatrix" expansion that I guess is now being turned into SR4?

For many PC gamers SR3 was their first SR game so they don't know the context of some complaints about it but SR3 had a lot less hidden/side content compared to SR2. It's by no means a raw deal or something but there is definitely a lot less to do and several activities were deprecated or removed. The devs acknowledged this and blamed it on all of the work on the new engine which is understandable. They said one of the focuses of the Dominatrix expansion was to restore a lot of hidden/side content to flesh out the Steelport more. So many fans of the older games were anxiously awaiting that as Steelport is pretty cool but feels kinda empty compared to Stillwater.

Now that the engine is well known and they've had plenty of time to work on everything it means we'll probably get an even better game basically

Makes sense.

The trailer was terrible, but if this is basically a balls-out Open World superhero game, I'm definitely in.

Creston

48. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 16, 2013, 06:15 Jerykk

I feel like they should have spent more time on this. It began as an expansion, then was switched to a sequel once THQ realized that they were running out of money and needed to generate more hype. Everything I've seen in the trailer looks like an expansion pack. The superpowers could be fun but I don't think they'll be enough to justify this entry to the series.  

47. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 15, 2013, 22:23 NKD

In the next open-world installment of Saints Row, Deep Silver Volition continues the story of the Third Street Saints by elevating their status to the highest level – the leaders of the free world. In Saints Row IV, the head honcho of the Saints has been elected to the Presidency of the United States. But the Saints are just getting started. Now the larger-than-life insanity of the Saints series gets a new twist with a catastrophic alien invasion, and the aliens have transported the Saints to a bizarro-Steelport simulation. Wield gargantuan superpowers and fight to free humanity from alien granddaddy Zinyak’s mental grasp. Escape the simulation that’s trapped the Saints crew, or die trying.

Saints Row IV lets players delve into an arsenal of alien weaponry and technology that will turn each Saint into an ultimate entity of destruction. Utilize out-of-this-world superpowers to fight all the way to the top. With intensified action and enhanced customization, players can use their newfound superpowers and leap over buildings, outrun the fastest sports cars, or send enemies flying with telekinesis in the greatest, most insane installment of Saints Row yet.

Sounds pretty nuts.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

46. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 15, 2013, 20:52 Beamer

It's also so weird for me to see SR and not have the main character being an extremely overweight british man...  
-------------

45. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 15, 2013, 20:50 Beamer

Yeah, when I began SR3 all I noticed where the little things that weren't there. Well, and the big character I assume priced his way out.

Truthfully, by the end of the game I forgot what all those things were. Yeah, their lack really irked me at first, but I don't think the game suffered for it.

SR2 was a 10. SR3 was a 10. Maybe a less content rich 10, but still a 10.

-------------

44. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 15, 2013, 20:10 Verno

So what's so special about this whole "enter the dominatrix" expansion that I guess is now being turned into SR4?

For many PC gamers SR3 was their first SR game so they don't know the context of some complaints about it but SR3 had a lot less hidden/side content compared to SR2. It's by no means a raw deal or something but there is definitely a lot less to do and several activities were deprecated or removed. The devs acknowledged this and blamed it on all of the work on the new engine which is understandable. They said one of the focuses of the Dominatrix expansion was to restore a lot of hidden/side content to flesh out the Steelport more. So many fans of the older games were anxiously awaiting that as Steelport is pretty cool but feels kinda empty compared to Stillwater.

Now that the engine is well known and they've had plenty of time to work on everything it means we'll probably get an even better game basically

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

43. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 15, 2013, 20:07 jacobvandy

IIRC, the premise of the expansion was that you play Neo from the Matrix, with the standard Saints Row wackiness sprinkled liberally on top. So I think that will be a pretty major part of this sequel.  

42. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 15, 2013, 19:47 Trevellian

Creston

more of the Super Powers from the mutated Gat DLC. Was what I originally heard. Cause people loved the few minutes you got to have superpowers (myself included)

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

41. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 15, 2013, 18:41 SlimRam

LOVE ME SOME SAINTS ROW!!! Thank you video games gods for this blessing!

Hell I don't give a shit if they just sell me a cardboard box that says, 'Saints Row 4' scribbled in crayon. I LOVE this damn series and I will buy it broken, bugged, unplayable, and totally fucked up. I don't care, INSTANT BUY!

The last time I went to a funeral, I looked over at the widow then look down at her husband's body and said, "I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that suit."

40. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 15, 2013, 17:27 Creston

Creston

39. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 15, 2013, 16:36 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 16:27:
Wow that trailer was terrible. Anyway, I'm in on this for sure.

For a teaser trailer I thought it was pretty good, gave us some glimpses at the cool designs and some new things in the game. I'm surprised more people aren't going nuts over the Tron bike and superpowers.

I'm all for it but I hope they make the game more challenging if they're going for broke with things like flying and powers. The combat in SRTT was too easy even without the unlocks.

38. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 15, 2013, 16:27 Cutter

Wow that trailer was terrible. Anyway, I'm in on this for sure.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

37. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 15, 2013, 16:19 Verno

Krovven wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 16:15:
Lol, you have thin skin if you think I was being hostile. Batman posted the link and I know he isn't going to be butt-hurt over what I said, so why should you? But again, that's how some of the folks roll here. Someone contradicts bad information and they are being hostile, or a fanboy, or a shill

But I can't make a post these days without you going out of your way to try and antagonize me. And that's how you roll.

Yeah you lead by example alright, lol. Not butthurt at all but I appreciate your concern. When I'm feeling butthurt I'll stamp my feet about the website and take off in a huff for awhile Party

36. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 15, 2013, 16:15 Krovven

Lol, you have thin skin if you think I was being hostile. Batman posted the link and I know he isn't going to be butt-hurt over what I said, so why should you? But again, that's how some of the folks roll here. Someone contradicts bad information and they are being hostile, or a fanboy, or a shill.

35. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 15, 2013, 16:09 Verno

Redmask wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 15:46:
This is correct but people aren't recalling the correct details for a good reason, Volition and THQ mixed their signals quite a bit during the PR bonanza for Saints Row the Third. They initially said that the Seasons Pass would include one announced pack and an unannounced addon. Later one of the Volition devs started talking about Enter The Dominatrix which most fans assumed would be the second content pack. This was later revealed to be a totally different DLC but by then people had made the association and it was misreported by an online publication (kotaku I think). Later they officially talked about Enter the Dominatrix, a standalone expansion, which was delayed several times until finally cancelled and the content thrown into Saints Row 4. The huge mix of gameplay oriented and cosmetic addons for the game probably didn't help much either. I think Saints Row the Third was the first game I've seen too much DLC for and I'm pretty open minded about it.

Thanks, that sheds some light on it and I stand corrected

But that's just how things roll on Blues News, take bad information and grow a hate-on for that game/dev/publisher.

Nah, this place rocks which is why we're all here. It was a simple misunderstanding which you could have corrected without the condescension but that's just the way you roll

34. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 15, 2013, 16:03 Krovven

Redmask wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 15:55:
I don't think people can be blamed for not researching an old issue long after the fact, it's not terribly important anyway.

If people are going to spread that information as fact, then yea they should. Especially when that info was in the story that was linked to support their "I'm not buying this because it was supposed to be part of the Season Pass". With just a few posts, that misinformation gained traction. But that's just how things roll on Blues News, take bad information and grow a hate-on for that game/dev/publisher.

33. Re: Saints Row 4 in August Mar 15, 2013, 15:55 Redmask

Krovven wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 15:51:
Errors occur with getting info mixed up. However, the link Batman posted, the second sentence in article contained a link to the story that I posted with the proper information. All it took was 1 person reading beyond what they wanted to read to dispel the misinformation.

I don't think people can be blamed for not researching an old issue long after the fact, it's not terribly important anyway. The content in question was put into Saints Row 4 and hopefully lives up to what the developers were promising back in 2012. Saints Row 4 will hopefully be a complete experience on its own and people should judge it as one if that's the case.

47 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo