Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer

2K Games announces Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World, an upcoming expansion pack for the turn-based strategy sequel to be released this summer, imbuing the Windows and OS X editions of the game with "a massive amount of new gameplay." Word is: "Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Brave New World provides new depth and replayability through the introduction of international trade and a focus on culture and diplomacy. The player’s influence around the world will be impacted by creating a number of Great Works across a variety of crafts, choosing an ideology for their civilization, and proposing global resolutions in the new World Congress. As players move through the ages of history, they will make critical decisions that influence relationships with all civilizations in the game world." Here's a feature list:

• New Civilizations, Units and Buildings: The expansion features nine new civilizations, each with unique traits, units, buildings and all-new leaders, including Casimir III of Poland.
  • New Culture Victory: Spread your culture across the globe, dominating all other cultures. Create masterpieces with Great Artists, Writers, and Musicians that are placed in key buildings across your empire, like Museums, Opera Houses and even the Great Library. Use Archaeologists to investigate sites of ancient battles and city ruins for priceless cultural artifacts. Become the first civilization with a majority influence in all other civilizations to achieve a Culture Victory, becoming the envy of the world.
  • World Congress: The importance of diplomacy is intensified and city-state alliances are more important than ever. Change the diplomatic landscape through a new World Congress that votes on critical issues like implementing trade sanctions against rogue nations, limiting resource usage, designating host cities for the World Games and the use of nuclear weapons. Game-changing resolutions, vote trading, intrigue, and a new lead into the Diplomatic Victory ensures that the end of the game will be more dynamic than ever before.
  • International Trade Routes: Build your cities into hubs of international trade by land and sea, creating great wealth and prosperity for your people, while also spreading religion, cultural influence, and science. The number of trade routes increases through the advancement of economics and technologies, the creation of wonders and the unique abilities of your civilization. Will you connect to a closer city for a lower payoff and a safer route, choose a longer route with more risk for the bigger payoff, or perhaps point your trade route inward, sending vitally important food and production to the far corners of your own empire?
  • New Wonders: Eight new Wonders are introduced, including the Parthenon, Broadway, the Uffizi, and more.
  • New Game Scenarios: Two new scenarios let gamers fight the “War Between the States” and embark on the epic Scramble for Africa. Fight the American Civil War from either the Union or Confederate side, as you focus on the critical action in the Eastern theatre of operations between the capital cities of Richmond and Washington. In “Scramble for Africa”, the great colonial powers of the world are racing to explore the Dark Continent and extend their reach into its interior. Search for great natural wonders in the heart of Africa, as you explore a dynamically-generated continent each time you play.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer Mar 15, 2013, 19:41 PsychoMoggieBagpuss

NewMaxx wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 13:47:
PHJF wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 09:46:
I see nothing about genetically engineering the human race into a rigid caste system?

Try Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.

They really need to do another. That game is awesome.

PMB / Shodan
http:/www.futilez
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer Mar 15, 2013, 16:56 Undocumented Alien

Cool, just fired up Civ 5 - Gods & Kings just the other day, fun game to go back to after a couple of months, the long campaigns can really burn you out.

I'll probably pick this up, Civ 5 is the game I play on a long airplane rides for business, makes a 4-5 hour flight seem like nothing. And you can... *GASP*... play it offline... hurray!!

17. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer Mar 15, 2013, 16:40 Verno

This sounds cool but I haven't played enough of Gods and Kings yet. The trouble for me with Civ 5 is that I can't just play it for a few hours, I need to do a big marathon session or it feels like I'm not getting anything done.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

16. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer Mar 15, 2013, 16:34 Will W

dj LiTh wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 12:37:
If you think this game is to complex or if thats even a drawback then this isnt the game nor genre for you.

Thanks for the advice.

DG wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 15:20:
Check custom game options, probably can disable.

Indeed, I generally do disable them. I'm a fan of the building/culture/science portion, I don't really like the religion and spying.

15. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer Mar 15, 2013, 16:28 panbient

I hope this also means they'll finish the espionage system. Spies who can ONLY steal technology are pretty lame.  

14. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer Mar 15, 2013, 16:27 Cutter

The only thing that pisses me off is that this and Gods&Kings really should have been in the original game to begin with.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

13. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer Mar 15, 2013, 15:20 DG

Will W wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 11:29:
I love Civ V, but I wonder if this is going to start getting too complex but after adding religion and spies,
Check custom game options, probably can disable.

12. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer Mar 15, 2013, 14:18 PsychoMoggieBagpuss

I see nothing about genetically engineering the human race into a rigid caste system?

All the advantages of Christianity and alcohol, none of their defects.

PMB / Shodan
http:/www.futilez

11. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer Mar 15, 2013, 14:10 Beelzebud

Looking forward to this! I wasn't fond of vanilla Civ5, but the Gods and Kings expansion added most of the things it needed. This really seems to be fleshing out the remaining systems that could use it.

10. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer Mar 15, 2013, 13:47 NewMaxx

Try Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.

9. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer Mar 15, 2013, 13:14 fawker

So they're finally fixing diplomacy and charging for it?  

8. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer Mar 15, 2013, 12:55 gunnergoz

Civ V, for all its defects, is one of those games that stays on my HD and I know I can turn to it for a few hours or a day or two of solid fun. The expansion sounds good, even though much of it does seem to be a re-hash of what was already in earlier versions. OK, I'll bite and buy it anyway because if it is like the G&K expansion, it definitely will add complexity which to me is one of the best parts of a Civ game.  

7. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer Mar 15, 2013, 12:37 dj LiTh

Will W wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 11:29:
I love Civ V, but I wonder if this is going to start getting too complex but after adding religion and spies, I started playing less. I'll prob. get this expansion anyhow because I appreciate the work they put in and enjoy the new Civs....plus you can always turn off religion and esp. in the game settings.

In our mid 30's and living 45 minutes apart, this is the only game my friends and I will actually get together and lug computers to one house for a night of drinking and Civ. It plays so much better in person, especially when we take a smoke break and yap about what's going on in the game and try to bluff about how great we're each doing. I don't think we've yet completed a game....it gets to a point where it's 3 AM and there's an obvious winner.

If you think this game is to complex or if thats even a drawback then this isnt the game nor genre for you.

6. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer Mar 15, 2013, 12:36 Quboid

Yay, although I can't help but feel the UN in the present game is so limited just so they can sell us the features now.

I hope the CivUp team get on this quick. BEM v0.1 out within a day? I wouldn't be surprised if they had advanced access.

- Quboid

5. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer Mar 15, 2013, 11:29 Will W

I love Civ V, but I wonder if this is going to start getting too complex but after adding religion and spies, I started playing less. I'll prob. get this expansion anyhow because I appreciate the work they put in and enjoy the new Civs....plus you can always turn off religion and esp. in the game settings.

In our mid 30's and living 45 minutes apart, this is the only game my friends and I will actually get together and lug computers to one house for a night of drinking and Civ. It plays so much better in person, especially when we take a smoke break and yap about what's going on in the game and try to bluff about how great we're each doing. I don't think we've yet completed a game....it gets to a point where it's 3 AM and there's an obvious winner.

4. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer Mar 15, 2013, 11:07 theyarecomingforyou

Tumbler wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 09:49:
But holy cheating mother fucker, the ai at king+ is a bastard.
Yeah. The highest I've got is winning on Emperor, though I've come close on Immortal.

I'm certainly looking forward to this expansion, as Gods & Kings was a huge improvement. I've only logged 150hrs but I've definitely got my money's worth.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

3. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer Mar 15, 2013, 09:49 Tumbler

I still play this game often. Steam says I've logged over 300 hours! Can't wait to get this new expansion. Lately I've been kicking up the difficulty and starting at later times so I can get some fierce naval and air battles going. But holy cheating mother fucker, the ai at king+ is a bastard.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

2. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer Mar 15, 2013, 09:46 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

1. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Expansion This Summer Mar 15, 2013, 09:29 InBlack

Still havent played any of it. The additions sound pretty cool though...  

I have a nifty blue line!

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo