Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: etc., etc. Mar 15, 2013, 14:55 Optional Nickname!

To think that there might have been full scores of TA available, or Dungeon Siege is vexing at its most polite phrasing.

To be offered now, alas at a level to strain even a Prince's coin purse's stitching, the full score of an unheard classical Symphony is tempting.

Just think how justifiably Count Orsini-Rosenbergishly snobbish you could be with your score if you did not like the music!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: etc., etc. Mar 15, 2013, 14:53 PHJF

The Icewind Dale theme sounds absolutely nothing like Morrowind... and it's fucking epic as shit.

Skyrim OST isn't epic at all, but it absolutely perfectly suits the world. As far as games go you can't ask for better than that.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: etc., etc. Mar 15, 2013, 08:58 Kajetan

mag wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 01:28:
I'm not a mega superfan of his latest stuff, but damn the Total Annihilation soundtrack was amazing. Amazing!
Soule has made four soundtracks, which really stand out:

1. Total Annihilation
2. TA Kingdoms (weird game, but oh so beautiful music)
3. Guild Wars 1 (Main + all Addons)
4. Morrowind

Everything else is just a variation of the Morrowind theme. And Skyrims soundtrack is soooooooooooooo boring, good god!

6. Re: etc., etc. Mar 15, 2013, 06:20 jdreyer

Jeremy is like the Hans Zimmer of games. Hans is probably more talented but Jeremy has moments.

Soule might be able to fund it himself, but this helps him gauge interest as well.

The ks has already doubled their original goal, and it's only the first day.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

5. Re: etc., etc. Mar 15, 2013, 05:27 mag

• Retro/Grade is a rhythm game/shmup...

• A déjà vu is usually a glitch in the Matrix. It happens when they change something…

• Rhythm Destruction is a rhythm game/shmup...

• Awesome.

4. Re: etc., etc. Mar 15, 2013, 01:28 mag

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 01:15:
    Every Jeremy Soule track sounds exactly the same -- I swear to god that he cut from his NWN1 tracks and pasted them into Skyrim. Why would I want to fund an album when I can hear the same old shit in every fantasy RPG made since Icewind Dale?

I'm not a mega superfan of his latest stuff, but damn the Total Annihilation soundtrack was amazing. Amazing!

3. Re: etc., etc. Mar 15, 2013, 01:15 Scottish Martial Arts

Every Jeremy Soule track sounds exactly the same -- I swear to god that he cut from his NWN1 tracks and pasted them into Skyrim. Why would I want to fund an album when I can hear the same old shit in every fantasy RPG made since Icewind Dale?  

2. Re: etc., etc. Mar 15, 2013, 00:23 PropheT

I love his stuff, especially the Skyrim soundtrack, but that fundraiser is a good example of what I don't like about Kickstarters. What exactly is it funding? What's the difference between if they raise $50k or $100k or only manage $25k? Why should I chip in for $50 instead of the $15 it takes to just buy the CD, when no goals are set and no examples of what the funding is actually paying for are provided?

Just too many questions are there and I really, really hate the mentality of "I like this, so let's throw money at it" that so many projects seem to require in blind trust from backers.

1. Re: etc., etc. Mar 15, 2013, 00:02 Creston

Jeremy Soule.

His music has been distributed across more than 70 million copies sold world-wide since 1994, earning Jeremy the distinguishment of being one of the leading composers of our time.

But you can't cough up the 10 grand for your own album/composition?

Creston

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo