Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Alice 3 Possibilities Raised

American McGee has taken to Facebook to poll fans about their interest in supporting a Kickstarter for Alice 3, a new installment in Spicy Horse's take on Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. This would not simply involve funding the game, but to also securing the rights to do create it. Here's word:

Alice Fans,
Questions for you:
1) If we could get the rights from EA, would you play "Alice 3?"
2) If you'd play "Alice 3," would you back it on Kickstarter?
3) If you said "yes" to those two things, make some noise - I'm trying to gauge interest in case I happen to discuss this with EA during GDC in 2 weeks. The more interest there is, the more seriously they'll take the conversation.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

5. Re: Alice 3 Possibilities Raised Mar 14, 2013, 10:40 yonder

Getting the rights *FROM* EA is a positive step for nearly any game. I applaud that.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Alice 3 Possibilities Raised Mar 14, 2013, 10:22 yuastnav

I only played the first one (watched a let's play of the second one) and while I liked some aspects of how the world/story was designed the games themselves were not that great.
I still liked the first one because it was on the Quake 3 engine (I love that engine, it was the platform for some great games, i.e. Jedi Outcast...) but the second one was really not that great because it was too repetitive.
I also had a problem with how they handled the story. At the end of the first game she was like "Yay, I'm cured!" and the second game was basically "lol NOPE".

3. Re: Alice 3 Possibilities Raised Mar 14, 2013, 10:17 dheer

I guess I'm in the minority but I loved both Alice games. Madness Returns, while repetitive in some spots, felt like a solid step forward.

I'd back it on kickstarter, no doubt.

I wonder if he reads them, or if it's just for show.

2. Re: Alice 3 Possibilities Raised Mar 14, 2013, 09:41 nin

American McGee discusses "American McGee's I Have No Talent And Would Like Your Money To Make Something That Will Flop By American McGee".

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Alice 3 Possibilities Raised Mar 14, 2013, 09:18 Kajetan

"If we could get the rights from EA, would you play "Alice 3?"

Only if i have to be online all the time and Alice isn't really in the game, because Alice 3 is a simple spreadsheet app, which actually does not work as a spreadsheets app, because it only displays an empty spreadsheet page. But you have to be online to see this image. Which is downloaded to your hard drive. But we dont tell you. Because!

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo