Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

WoW Free Character Moves

The World of Warcraft Website offers toons on certain realms a free one-way trip to a less populated realm. Players on Tichondrius can move to Blackrock, those on Illidan can switch to Mannoroth, while Stormrage players are offered the chance to move to Trollbane. Here's word:

New Free Character Moves are now available. If you're on one of the source realms listed below, you can move your characters to one of the designated destination realms and avoid the queues -- for free!

By initiating one of these transfers, you will be moving your character to a new realm and home. This is a one-time, one-way move. If you wish to move your character elsewhere, you will need to use the paid transfer service.

Please be aware that, due to the unpredictable nature of free transfers, we may close down any Free Character Moves at any time and without warning if the target realm becomes full. If you plan to move with friends or your guild, we suggest that you coordinate the effort to reduce the chance of any stragglers being left behind.

Early closures aside, this set of Free Character Moves will end on Thursday, March 21.

Begin a Free Character Move now! We recommend reviewing the FAQ, as it details what is or isn't allowed for transferred characters.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: WoW Free Character Moves Mar 14, 2013, 17:29 killer_roach

PropheT wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 15:11:
On a side note, aren't those all PvP servers? And a couple of the low pop ones used to be extremely high population.

I'm pretty sure Stormrage is a PvE server, that's the one my brother plays on.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: WoW Free Character Moves Mar 14, 2013, 16:51 Jraptor59

Not recommended. Some WoW servers are so underpopulated you will never find people to play or guilds to play with. This can damage your experience, especially since Bliz pretty much forces you to play with others now if you want equipment.
I actually transferred from a dead server (Lightninghoof) to a high population server so I wasn't the only person standing in a major city.
*rant*
WoW is such a mess now that after 8 years of subscribing I have quit playing. They are so off the original focus that they promote pokemon pet battles and developing a farm as major attractions. For content they force you to do daily grinding WHICH I HATE. They also made it impossible, after Arthus, for a player to play solo and run group instances to buy actual (slightly less powerful) sets of matched equipment with whatever currency they give now. I figure if they have quit trying, it's time to stop playing/paying. Pandaria is such a poor expansion compared to the burning legion/frozen throne that it is ridiculous. One race, one class, no world bosses or story beyond "wow...Pandaria!" makes this the lowest content EP ever. The sad thing is that I WANT to play, but with the quality they used to offer. I bet allot of people feel this way. Unfortunately it seems that Bliz is just letting WoW slide along and scavange whatever revenue it can with the least effort put into it by them. It was a class A game, still with the potential of being the best, but is failing because Bliz just doesn't put any real effort into it anymore. They killed their own game.

This comment was edited on Mar 14, 2013, 17:00.

4. Re: WoW Free Character Moves Mar 14, 2013, 16:12 Wallshadows

Wow, Blackrock is actually a server which is accepting transfers from another server? That's pretty amazing considering how many times the free transfer has been used to transfer players off. I guess Blackrock is no longer full and you don't have to gtfo...

As for merging servers, I can see problems being made in terms of forced name changes and such which is usually one of the big debacles brought up when talked about.

3. Re: WoW Free Character Moves Mar 14, 2013, 15:11 PropheT

NKD wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 10:43:
It's hard to believe they haven't started server merges yet.

They did, sort of. CRZ (Cross Realm Zones) let you play in all the normal world zones with people from the same battlegroup, with only the new Pandaria zones being excluded. All the benefit of merges with none of the bad press.

On a side note, aren't those all PvP servers? And a couple of the low pop ones used to be extremely high population.

2. Re: WoW Free Character Moves Mar 14, 2013, 12:22 Agent.X7

It's hard to believe Mannoroth is an under-populated server. I started off there and it was hugely overcrowded for years. I wound up leaving right before Litch King because I couldn't stand how many people were always on. (Most of them with nothing better to do than gank lowbies) Seemed liek there was always a queue to log in too.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

1. Re: WoW Free Character Moves Mar 14, 2013, 10:43 NKD

It's hard to believe they haven't started server merges yet.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo