Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy Pi Day! Please be safe from wandering into traffic and other hazards while distracted by reciting it to thousands of decimal places. Otherwise, enjoy your little slice of π.

π Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Raft Wars 2.
Stories: 'Medieval knight' unearthed in Edinburgh car park dig. Tis' but a scratch!
Prison agents catch parolee near LA after 32 years.
Science: Physicists say they have found a Higgs boson.
Neurotrack to Detect Alzheimer's Wins SXSW Prize. Thanks Slashdot.
Monarch butterflies drop ominously in Mexico.
Media: Apocalypse DayZ - Episode 1. NSFW. Awesome.
Taekwondo Spiderman. Thanks reddit.
Gordon Ramsey - How To Treat A Lady NSFW.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 17, 2013, 15:27 Mr. Tact

InBlack wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 11:15:
I dont know who Veronica Mars is. Is she like one of those fictional overblown pop culture icons like Buffy the Vampire Slayer? (I seriously never heard of this person before)
I think I've heard her name in passing, never could have told you what she had done. Not too shabby, but a bit short at 5' 1". She's got that "girl next door" look. Not the typical runway beauty.

(sorry for the revival of old topic but I was out all last week at training for work, catching up a bit)

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2013, 09:07 xXBatmanXx

So awesome. Saints Row 4 announced via Twitter.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2013, 00:30 Creston

jdreyer wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 19:38:
Creston wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 10:25:
So I don't know if there are any Veronica Mars fans here, but if there are... HOLY SHIT!

Creston

Yeah, I posted yesterday in Out of the Black. They hit their goal the first day. I wouldn't have imagined something like this working.

It's made another 700K since I posted it. I think they'll have money enough to do a pretty damn good movie.

And Warner Bros looks like a turd, which is double the bonus.

Creston

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2013, 19:44 jdreyer

Apocalypse DayZ - Episode 1.

Wow, those guys got some serious skill. Well done.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

14. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2013, 19:38 jdreyer

So I don't know if there are any Veronica Mars fans here, but if there are... HOLY SHIT!

Creston

Yeah, I posted yesterday in Out of the Black. They hit their goal the first day. I wouldn't have imagined something like this working.

The show is very good for what it is: a detective drama set in high school. Smartly written and acted, with season long story lines and quirky characters. And K Bell is sexy without ever taking her clothes off. Good stuff.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2013, 18:58 mag

1badmf wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 12:05:

Creston

I dont know who Veronica Mars is. Is she like one of those fictional overblown pop culture icons like Buffy the Vampire Slayer? (I seriously never heard of this person before)

yeah i never got the appeal either. it was an early 2000s detective-ish show, but frankly i think it never would've blown up if the star wasn't this sweet little blonde that everybody fantasized about dating.

Everything you say is true, but the show really was better than such a description would suggest. It's well-written, well-directed, well-acted.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2013, 18:50 Cutter

nin wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 17:52:
Cutter wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 14:57:
I saw the hottest redhead the other day. Good lord, I almost sprained my penis.

I'm trying to think of a redhead that's not hot, and I'm drawing a blank...

Enh, I wouldn't go that far. Plenty of fugly redheads out there - same as everyone else I guess - but when they're hot they're really hot! I supposed because there's a lot less of them on average it tends to make them standout more.

Brian: My God, is that... Meg?

Stewie: 36 D Brian. And you know what's amazing? In this world she's still one of the ugly ones. If you saw Lois, you'd have to put your penis in a wheelchair.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2013, 18:40 xXBatmanXx

Wow. I take a nap, and I wake up with Matt Cassel as QB and possibly adding Jennings? Word is he is staying in MN longer and having dinner with the Vikes.  

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2013, 17:52 nin

Cutter wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 14:57:

I'm trying to think of a redhead that's not hot, and I'm drawing a blank...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2013, 14:57 Cutter

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2013, 14:24 Verno

Veronica Mars was a pretty cool little show for what it was. Lots of class warfare with a noir spin. It was a cult show but don't dismiss it out of hand, it's surprisingly good when you consider the network it aired on and its target age group.

yeah i never got the appeal either. it was an early 2000s detective-ish show, but frankly i think it never would've blown up if the star wasn't this sweet little blonde that everybody fantasized about dating.

Pretty blondes are a dime a dozen on television man, red heads are where its at. What made Veronica a great protagonist wasn't sex appeal, quite the opposite she plays a tomboy most of the time. The character was very well written and actualized, Kristen Bells delivery of her lines was razor sharp. The supporting characters do a pretty good job as well, particularly Enrico Colantoni. It was just fairly well written and fun to watch. It slipped quite a bit in the last season but that's more due to funding and the show being in upheaval.

This comment was edited on Mar 14, 2013, 14:30.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2013, 12:09 Creston

Creston

She's obviously fictional, yeah, but the show was pretty good. Had 3 million faithful viewers, and that wasn't enough for BIG NETWORK, so it got axed after a few seasons. (Because according to networks, every single one of their shows SHOULD be pulling in 15+ million viewers. That that means the US would need to have 87 billion people in it just to watch everything never occurs to them.)

Anyway, for fans who have been wanting kind of a "wrap-up" movie, it's great news. It's also breaking Kickstarter's speed records.

Creston

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2013, 12:05 1badmf

Creston

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2013, 11:15 InBlack

Creston

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2013, 11:03 xXBatmanXx

Borderlands 2 teaser trailer for next Vault Hunter. Showing at PAX EAST on the 24th. At the end of the teaser, they say they are hiring.....are we headed to Borderlands 3?

/either my connection just crapped or gearboxsoftware site just went down, can't link.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2013, 10:43 xXBatmanXx

Creston

yumyum.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2013, 10:38 PHJF

I'm a Kristen Bell fan <3  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2013, 10:25 Creston

Creston

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo