Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Confirmed

CD Projekt RED's upcoming RPG Cyberpunk 2077 will include multiplayer, reports Eurogamer, where they quote CD Projekt RED managing director Adam Badowski saying: "It will be a story-based RPG experience with amazing single-player playthroughs, but we're going to add multiplayer features." They discuss how this game allows more flexibility for player decisions compared to The Witcher series, which is less conducive to multiplayer play (he actually laughs at a question about a Witcher MMOG). The article also discusses progress on Cyberpunk 2077 towards its 2015 release, saying that the development team will be bolstered by Witcher developers following next year's release of The Witcher 3.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Confirmed Mar 13, 2013, 15:39 Creston

Shineyguy wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 15:35:
Creston wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 11:31:
Normally I'd say "Meh", but the last time I said that (for ME3), it actually came with really awesome MP, so we'll see.

Creston

I don't know, Mass Effect 3's multiplayer is very basic. It's just a wave generator kill all the enemies thing.

Opinions vary on it, but it was done well, and has been expanded for free five times since then. I don't know of any co-op MP game that has, basically, 54 classes and 40+ weapons in it.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Confirmed Mar 13, 2013, 15:35 Shineyguy

Creston wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 11:31:
Normally I'd say "Meh", but the last time I said that (for ME3), it actually came with really awesome MP, so we'll see.

Creston

I don't know, Mass Effect 3's multiplayer is very basic. It's just a wave generator kill all the enemies thing.

11. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Confirmed Mar 13, 2013, 14:57 Jivaro

JoeNapalm wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 12:30:
There is simply no way that this game can live up to how good I want it to be.

It's not their fault. It's mine.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Yeah, I am having a hard time suppressing my anticipation as well. As for the multiplayer, I personally don't care one way or the other. I trust CD Projekt to deliver a great single player game until they don't.

10. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Confirmed Mar 13, 2013, 14:37 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 13:35:
Exactly, unless it's co-op I see it as a pointless waste of time and resources that could be better served on the SP portion of the game. I'd rather see a good, easy to use editor than MP.

Let's see... sandbox, supposedly highly detailed city pre-poupulated (or easily populated) with adversaries... Yeah how do you *not* do co-op?

Pick a building, activate it's security system, populate with bad guys, put a McGuffin in one of the rooms (a security terminal you have to hack, an asset you have to extract, an assassination target, whatever), and spawn your players randomly throughout the city. If they can talk to each other, they rendezvous somewhere, recon the joint, pick up the equipment they need from their fence, and proceed to do a run on the procedurally generated target.

I'd probably lose immense amounts of my life in such a system.

9. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Confirmed Mar 13, 2013, 13:35 Cutter

Exactly, unless it's co-op I see it as a pointless waste of time and resources that could be better served on the SP portion of the game. I'd rather see a good, easy to use editor than MP.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Confirmed Mar 13, 2013, 12:30 JoeNapalm

There is simply no way that this game can live up to how good I want it to be.

It's not their fault. It's mine.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

7. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Confirmed Mar 13, 2013, 12:29 Trevellian

If it's Coop multiplayer and it doesn't detract from the quality of singleplayer I am all for it.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

6. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Confirmed Mar 13, 2013, 12:14 Slashman

Not sure I really want multiplayer in Cyberpunk 2077.

That was actually the last place I was thinking it would turn up.

I guess if it is just like a separate thing and not a co-op part of the game I don't really care.

5. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Confirmed Mar 13, 2013, 11:31 Creston

Creston

4. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Confirmed Mar 13, 2013, 10:26 SpectralMeat

2015? This one is pretty far out then  

Steam: SpectralMeat

3. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Confirmed Mar 13, 2013, 10:18 nin

Can't wait for this and shadowrun! Now all I need is confirmation on a DX game...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Confirmed Mar 13, 2013, 09:52 InBlack

Erm...the blurb basically says its 2015...not when its done.  

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Confirmed Mar 13, 2013, 09:47 aesir05

Let there be multiplayer!...as long as its released 'when its done'  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo