Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Blizzard Entertainment announces the Heart of the Swarm expansion is now available for StarCraft II, their sci-fi RTS sequel. "Heart of the Swarm enhances every aspect of StarCraft II," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "In addition to Kerrigan’s campaign and the new multiplayer units and maps, we think players will really enjoy the new online elements and new features that make StarCraft II more fun and easier to learn than ever before." The announcement outlines the perks for buying the various editions of the add-on, and here's an overview:

Heart of the Swarm picks up the story where StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty® left off, focusing on Kerrigan’s quest to reunite the Swarm and exact revenge on Arcturus Mengsk. Over the course of 20 campaign missions, players will follow Kerrigan as she sweeps across the galaxy, incorporating a variety of distinctive zerg species into her brood. Kerrigan will grow in strength from mission to mission, and players will be able to customize her with powerful new abilities, as well as evolve various zerg strains into fearsome new subspecies to suit their play style.

New weapons of war also debut in Heart of the Swarm’s multiplayer, including new units such as Terran Hellbats, Zerg Swarm Hosts, and Protoss Tempests, while certain existing units from Wings of Liberty will be updated with new capabilities. In addition, several new features will enhance the game experience, including group and clan systems; training and versus-A.I. modes, to help new players transition from the campaign into multiplayer; unranked matchmaking; Global Play, enabling players to battle others in different regions around the world; additional stat tracking; user interface improvements; an enhanced physics system, for more visceral-looking battles; “Watch With Others” and “Take Command,” to watch replays with friends as well as jump in and assume control at any point; a leveling system that gives Heart of the Swarm players a new way to earn customization options for their online profiles; and much more.

View
77 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 11:54 m00t

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 11:20:
Sempai wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 11:03:
Sure wish they'd allow me to move that damned camera out a little..

Adjustable camera in an RTS? That's so 2004 on! How dare you expect Blizzard to innovate rather than rehash the same 10 year+ old starcraft with a new subtag line? Heresy!

Or pulling the camera out in multiplayer gives you a huge advantage, but hey why let balance get in the way of your bashing.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 11:53 Verno

MattyC wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 11:18:
EDIT: I have no idea what is broken or how I ended up with 2 posts.

His post starts with a Q and its the first letter after a bracket because you quoted him so it's treated like a quote function itself. It happens from time to time and screws up replies, it's kinda amusing.

The BB code for this place is weird due to the ancient ChatBear base.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 11:45 El Pit

Wow. The price over here is 40 Euros, that's more than $50! For an expansion! This is either hilarious or outrageous, depending on your point of view.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 11:20 RollinThundr

Sempai wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 11:03:

Adjustable camera in an RTS? That's so 2004 on! How dare you expect Blizzard to innovate rather than rehash the same 10 year+ old starcraft with a new subtag line? Heresy!

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 11:18 MattyC

Creston wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 10:39
uick! RUSH to give Blizzard more of your money!

Creston [/quote:

I will. I loved Wings of Liberty multiplayer, both spectating and playing. The campaign was also enjoyable. D3 didn't really live up to expected levels of Blizzardy goodness, but StarCraft is still solid in my book.

EDIT: I have no idea what is broken or how I ended up with 2 posts.

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 11:18 MattyC

Creston [/quote:

I will. I loved Wings of Liberty multiplayer, both spectating and playing. The campaign was also enjoyable. D3 didn't really live up to expected levels of Blizzardy goodness, but StarCraft is still solid in my book.

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 11:06 Linksil

I preordered it, but didn't feel like trying the midnight launch this time. Sadly I've got a few other games to finish before I get to it.  
Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 11:03 Sempai

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 10:53 InBlack

Verno wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 10:48:
Creston wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 10:39:
Quick! RUSH to give Blizzard more of your money!

I feel like I had my fill of Starcraft with the sequel. It was alright, nothing special, I had fun for parts of the campaign and some ok times with the custom maps. I just don't feel like I need to go back any time soon, I'm not into the crazy meta game and spectator aspects of multiplayer.

I picked up Tomb Raider so I think I will give that a go instead while I finish up Ni No Kuni. Maybe I will grab this down the line when it's cheaper, I guess we'll see. At least it has an offline mode of sorts.

The problem is that Blizzard games go on sale like 15 years after they are released....

Even though Im interested in how the story plays out, Im going to skip this one for the time being. D3 is still kind of a painfull recent memory and I have no wish to give Blizzard any more of my money.

I have a nifty blue line!

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 10:49 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 10:48:

I feel like I had my fill of Starcraft with the sequel. It was alright, nothing special, I had fun for parts of the campaign and some ok times with the custom maps. I just don't feel like I need to go back any time soon, I'm not into the crazy meta game and spectator aspects of multiplayer.

I picked up Tomb Raider so I think I will give that a go instead while I finish up Ni No Kuni. Maybe I will grab this down the line when it's cheaper, I guess we'll see. At least it has an offline mode of sorts.

Good choice with Tomb Raider, it is a pretty excellent game imo.

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 10:48 Verno

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 10:41 Optional nickname

Creston [/quote:

in before after Creston's quote: Done! probably 100 million give or take 25 million, in the first 3 hours of release.

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 10:39 Optional nickname

El Pit wrote on Mar 12, 2013, 10:19:
At least there won't be any gold farming bots in this one. Right?

no bots, just mineral collecting, base rushing, game ending, muscular motor memory Koreans that can put any bot to shame.

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 10:39 Creston

Creston

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 10:19 El Pit

At least there won't be any gold farming bots in this one. Right?  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 10:10 Darks

Lookout for the Korean Invasion.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 09:58 Techie714 ©

ERROR 37.... Furious2  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

77 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo