Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Here's Valve's report of the ten bestselling games on Steam for this week:

1. Arma III Alpha
  2. Tomb Raider
  3. Civilization V: Gold Edition
  4. BioShock Infinite
  5. Arma II: Complete Collection
  6. Max Payne 3
  7. Arma II: Combined Operations
  8. Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle
  9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  10. Age of Empires II HD Edition

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 11, 2013, 04:07 Raptor

Good to see the alpha there. (not a surprise really)
I got it nice and early and it's been a complete blast so far with no gamebreaking bugs or issues. I think this alpha is more stable than previous games on release actually.

The AI is tons of fun as well to watch or fight against.

Every issue I've seen was already reported as well, I think PhysX has actually been most prominent in the "funny bugs" so far so it needs some tuning.

Shame the showcase missions are short, but I think last time I checked there were already tons of custom missions out there so not a bother.

This is how you should offer mod support for instant success -> all other companies

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 11, 2013, 03:03 netnerd85

nin wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 16:28:
Nice boost for AOE...didn't think it'd still get that kind of attention, but I'll grab it once it comes out.

I love AOE but $20?

Didn't even buy the boxed copy collectors bundle of 1 & 2 for that much... will buy for $10 and under. Not buying 2 copies for $40 (will have to buy for partner too).

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 10, 2013, 21:42 jacobvandy

Nadool wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 19:41:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 19:04:
I wonder how the release of DayZ Standalone will affect sales of ArmA2.

I wonder how the DayZ mod for ArmA 3 will affect sales of the DayZ Standalone. If he doesn't get it out pretty soon, the community is going to act and release their own version, on the newer, better engine. There's already a "dynamic zombie sandbox" mission, and many maps from ArmA 2 have been ported over. Oh, and the hacks are already there too. I was just in a server last night that kept getting mass teleported by an invisible dude, and dropped from 20km in the sky.

Won't be long before someone gets DayZ up and running.

You answered your own question there. Probably the biggest reason for how long DayZ SA is taking, is them overhauling the server-client infrastructure to eliminate, or at least vastly reduce, the possibility of hackers ruining people's fun. They ruined official DayZ servers, they're still an annoyance for private servers even with community-made anti-hack tools, and they will run amok in ARMA 3 as well. ARMA was never meant to support hugely-popular, persistent sandbox-style gameplay; its core audience would never play with random strangers in public servers. Partly because of the assholes, and otherwise because most people don't know what the fuck they're doing in a large scale team-oriented game that makes Battlefield look like Cawadoody (and don't care to learn, either).

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 10, 2013, 20:02 Warskull

Well played Tropico 4, well played.  

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 10, 2013, 19:41 Nadool

Jerykk wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 19:04:

I wonder how the DayZ mod for ArmA 3 will affect sales of the DayZ Standalone. If he doesn't get it out pretty soon, the community is going to act and release their own version, on the newer, better engine. There's already a "dynamic zombie sandbox" mission, and many maps from ArmA 2 have been ported over. Oh, and the hacks are already there too. I was just in a server last night that kept getting mass teleported by an invisible dude, and dropped from 20km in the sky.

Won't be long before someone gets DayZ up and running.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 10, 2013, 19:04 Jerykk

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 10, 2013, 18:14 Ray Ban

Efflixi wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 16:29:
I love how there isn't a single game in there that isn't a sequel.

That's incorrect. One of them is a prequel.

So there.

"The future's so bright I gotta wear shades!"

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 10, 2013, 16:29 Efflixi

I love how there isn't a single game in there that isn't a sequel.  

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 10, 2013, 16:28 yuastnav

Yeah, I finally went ahead and bought it.
I just wished that there weren't so many damned wasteland servers. It is rather difficult to find a good game where you can actually work somewhat as a team and have some fun but it is not impossible.

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 10, 2013, 16:28 nin

Nice boost for AOE...didn't think it'd still get that kind of attention, but I'll grab it once it comes out.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 10, 2013, 16:25 Techie714

ARMA III FTW!!! =)  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >