Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstart Update

A fourth update to the Kickstarter for Torment: Tides of Numenera has word that now that Brian Fargo owes them $100k for matching 10% of the first million dollars pledged to inXile entertainment's upcoming RPG, "Torment Superfan" Steve Dengler is matching 10% of the game's funding from $2 million to $3 million. And yes, this is already in play, as the crowd sourced funding for the game is already past 2.25 million, so they have also now added a $3 million stretch goal, which adds further MacGuffins, another secret companion, and more (the update gives quite a bit of detail on the complexity this tier will add to the game). Finally, they offer this trailer highlighting the music in the game.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

6. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstart Update Mar 9, 2013, 16:35 datachasm

i backed this at $45, not very worked up about it but so far happy to help given its popular (and i will get W2). single player only is a big turn off for me. i want to like these kinds of games but they usually are far too tedious for me. we shall see... i may drop out near the end, but then again i may hold my ground, i love crowd funding for gaming.

LB's game on the other hand looks really good and interesting to me... the MP aspect (hopefully akin to NWN1 persistent servers) pulled me in half an hour after i noticed the KS. i think the screens show plenty of promise... the more i hear him go on about his universe the more interested i get.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstart Update Mar 9, 2013, 16:30 Flatline

siapnar wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 16:06:
Save some for the other starving creative projects.

Goddamnit it yeah how dare you buy something you want to play!

4. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstart Update Mar 9, 2013, 16:06 siapnar

Their stretch goal for 3 million should be licensing Cryengine 3.

What do you even say for a stretch goal that is more than triple the original cost?
You'll make 3 episodes of the game?
It's getting a little ridiculous how much money people are throwing at this.
Save some for the other starving creative projects.

The ingame assets in the Lord British kickstarter are atrocious.
Sure, you may scream that it's an early prototype, but that doesn't mean preliminary assets need to be so bland and unoriginal... and circa 2001.
Doesn't instill much faith in their art team, or Art Director.

I have projectile dysfunction.

3. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstart Update Mar 9, 2013, 14:33 PsychoMoggieBagpuss

Awesome to see Mark Morgan doing the music.  

PMB / Shodan
http:/www.futilez

2. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstart Update Mar 9, 2013, 14:23 nin

I think Torment will be decent. I hope Carma will be decent.

LB? ehhhh...not feelin confident there.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstart Update Mar 9, 2013, 14:22 RaZ0r!

I pledged. This, and Lord British's game, and Carmageddon...

I feel so weak.

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo