Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month?

IGN is showing off an invite from EA to an event at the Game Developers Conference at the end of this month they think might be an official Battlefield 4 reveal. This speculation is based on their feeling that the color scheme of the invite bears a similarity to the Battlefield 3 box art. We shall know soon enough, as the invite is for March 26th.

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 10, 2013, 05:46 Jackplug

Never do i want to ever buy another game from Dice as they never produced what they promised, they just lied and slagged all us map makers off by calling us dumb!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 10, 2013, 00:40 Redmask

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 22:45:
EA and Origin = no sale.

I no longer will buy games that the pubisher has the ability to shut off.

Same here, done with EA games full stop. I spend a couple grand a year on games and they won't see a penny anymore until they change their ways. You can't keep treating customers like they have been doing.

30. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 9, 2013, 22:45 xXBatmanXx

EA and Origin = no sale.

I no longer will buy games that the pubisher has the ability to shut off.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

29. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 9, 2013, 19:01 Rea1One

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 08:44:
I bet they're eventually going to rotate each year between Battlefield and the 2142 series.

Don't forget they have Bad Company series as well

28. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 9, 2013, 18:58 Rea1One

I wish they would remake all the BF2 maps for BF4  

27. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 9, 2013, 17:22 Sepharo

Played some BF3 with friends last night for the first time in a while. Every map turned into a snipe-off with one team hanging out in the spawn.

We rarely play the game but we had the top 3 scores (and the most deaths) because we actually tried to capture points like naive fools.

26. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 9, 2013, 15:48 Ant

Anonymous wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 15:37:
Ant you are missing out you don't need a new processor most likely all you need is to invest in a reasonable GPU. Spend maybe $170 on it.

Everyone thought that you needed a Core 2 system to play Crysis but I can run it in a very high/high hybrid with an Athlon64 X2 2.2 GHz and a Geforce 9800GT (which is basically an 8800 GT) except with the flashlights (as they are too much for the CPU to handle) in 1024x768.

For the record, Crytek's answer to all the angry people getting bad performance was a Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz with a 9800 GT in 1024x768 in high detail.

As you can see all you need is a sub $200 GPU. No need to upgrade anything else. Keep in mind that there is a scam going on where the low end GPUs are REALLY SHITTY. I spent $70 on this 9800 GT and the current generation sub $100 GPUs, which should be better, are MUCH WORSE! MUCH MUCH WORSE *AND* they have those fancy modern GPU numbers!

Buy yourself a $170 GPU and get back in the game!
BF3 doesn't run on XP Pro. SP3 IIRC. Also, no time (need more!).

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

25. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 9, 2013, 15:39 Lit_Reflex001

I just want to elaborate on the low end GPU thing. Back in the day I upgraded from I think a regular Geforce to a Geforce 2 MX, which was the lowest end GF2 and the performance increase was pretty damned awesome!

Nowadays if I tried pulling that I would have an even shittier GPU.

24. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 9, 2013, 15:37 Lit_Reflex001

Ant you are missing out you don't need a new processor most likely all you need is to invest in a reasonable GPU. Spend maybe $170 on it.

Everyone thought that you needed a Core 2 system to play Crysis but I can run it in a very high/high hybrid with an Athlon64 X2 2.2 GHz and a Geforce 9800GT (which is basically an 8800 GT) except with the flashlights (as they are too much for the CPU to handle) in 1024x768.

For the record, Crytek's answer to all the angry people getting bad performance was a Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz with a 9800 GT in 1024x768 in high detail.

As you can see all you need is a sub $200 GPU. No need to upgrade anything else. Keep in mind that there is a scam going on where the low end GPUs are REALLY SHITTY. I spent $70 on this 9800 GT and the current generation sub $100 GPUs, which should be better, are MUCH WORSE! MUCH MUCH WORSE *AND* they have those fancy modern GPU numbers!

Buy yourself a $170 GPU and get back in the game!

23. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 9, 2013, 13:50 Wash Washburne

In my opinion all the resources that they have burned through for MoH should have been allocated to BF3 expansion of co-op maps, introducing more nations, new game mods, etc. In fact the should have merged 2 titles into one BF world. Just keep on adding to the BF universe, all players really want is to have a good FPS title with legs, custom mods help that as well. Unfortunately after "End Game" is released, it will be the end of BF3 as most likely all of their resources will be allocated to BF4. DICE might leave a tiny support group to answer angry emails.

Who knows maybe BF4 will be a cross of BF & MoH, only time will tell.

22. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 9, 2013, 11:57 Ant

Wildone wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 11:34:
yea its why I stopped playing
I stopped at BF2. No time, my system is too old, etc.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

21. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 9, 2013, 11:56 siapnar

datachasm wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 11:39:
i would rather see BF3 get more work... specifically all the prior maps from the other games. i mainly play on Karkland and Sharqi 24/7 servers as it is. i would love to see some of the BFV maps return!
They did a nice job on Wake Island as well, though I'm not huge on the flow of that map.
I'd even like to see some maps from Bad Company 2 make a return, like the snowy map from it's beta.

ViRGE wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 00:08:
They tried another IP. Medal of Honor flopped hard, twice.
Yea, because its Battlefield, just re-skinned and with shitty MP.
Does DICE not have any imagination? They can't think outside the military shooter?

I have projectile dysfunction.

20. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 9, 2013, 11:39 datachasm

im a big Battlefield fan... but yea have no intention of getting this, unless its related to 2142 or BFV.

i would rather see BF3 get more work... specifically all the prior maps from the other games. i mainly play on Karkland and Sharqi 24/7 servers as it is. i would love to see some of the BFV maps return!

19. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 9, 2013, 11:34 Wildone

yea its why I stopped playing  

18. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 9, 2013, 08:59 Omni

4 is better than 3 right ?

Remember to PLAY it before your neighbors!

17. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 9, 2013, 08:44 Wallshadows

I bet they're eventually going to rotate each year between Battlefield and the 2142 series.  

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

16. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 9, 2013, 08:14 Dmitri_M

DangerDog wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 23:30:
Arma III seems like it'll be Arma 2.5 they're just not taking an aggressive enough stance to bring it into the realm of modern fps games. Player movement while improved is still clunky, the UI is still an excel spreadsheet. All that command interface stuff should be scrapped, how many people take command of hundreds of units at once?

Drives me nuts because underneath all the many layers that are the Arma Onion you could have one hell of a Battlefield killer. A target that BiS should have set out to match is Novalogic's Joint Operations - that game was tactical and fun to play. It'll never happen unfortunately because BiS is still concentrating on Man Simulator 2.0

No BIS should be adding features similar to the original plans for Stalker, and improve the hell of of the AI. They should also finally start adding intuitive features to the mission editor. They waypoint types haven't changed in 10 years. They should certainly not cater to unimaginative people who think every FPS should be MP only. Operation Flashpoint was released before BF. OFP players don't want goddamn BF.

They cannot compete with BF, ever. And they shouldn't try. Beneath the "ArmA Onion" is a tangled mess of buggy code that will never satisfy conventional gamers that can't suffer "engine quirks". So they're stuck marketing it as a simulator rather than a game because that's the only way they can justify all it's oddities and the total lack of imagination they've shown post OFP regarding single player.

Did you know that the terrain in ArmA 3 could be 5x more detailed but the developers aren't capable of pushing their own engine.

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 2013, 10:18.

15. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 9, 2013, 05:21 El Pit

2014: BF3 servers taken offline. Everybody needs to buy BF4! YAY!  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

14. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 9, 2013, 02:46 Linksil

Unless there's a huge update in game play, I think i'd rather they just did another set of expansions.  
Munching On: Warframe, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Xallia, Saints Row 4.

13. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 9, 2013, 02:09 entr0py

After the unfathomable continued success of the annual Call of Duty updates, I'd expect EA to try to establish the same milking schedule for Battlefield. Plus, they probably want to have DICE lay the foundation for porting Frostbite 2 to the new generation of consoles so their other studios can follow. I doubt the game will be worthwhile, but it's inevitable.  

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo