Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Path of Exile Patched

The Path of Exile Forums announce the successful deployment of the new version 0.10.2 beta patch in Grinding Gears Games' MMORPG. The post goes on to offer details on a new 0.10.3 beta which they expect to deploy by the middle of next week which will introduce "a heavily demanded Strength/Dexterity melee skill called Cyclone." As for the current patch, version 0.10.2 adds a new Incinerate skill among other things, and all the changes are detailed in these patch notes. Thanks IncGamers.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Path of Exile Patched Mar 12, 2013, 05:04 rist3903

You cannot interact with characters on other leagues at all.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Path of Exile Patched Mar 10, 2013, 10:03 Mr. Tact

What is the difference between the "leagues" -- is it simply like being on different servers?  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

15. Re: Path of Exile Patched Mar 8, 2013, 20:05 Alamar

rist3903 wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 19:47:
For those of you thinking of playing this, I highly recommend starting on hardcore. When your hardcore char dies, he gets put into the non-hardcore league.

This adds quite a bit of frisson to the experience of playing it, especially for the first time in my opinion.

That... is a really interesting take on what hardcore means...

I imagine some will hate it, but in some ways, it gives the benefit of both.

-Alamar

14. Re: Path of Exile Patched Mar 8, 2013, 19:47 rist3903

For those of you thinking of playing this, I highly recommend starting on hardcore. When your hardcore char dies, he gets put into the non-hardcore league.

This adds quite a bit of frisson to the experience of playing it, especially for the first time in my opinion.

13. Re: Path of Exile Patched Mar 8, 2013, 19:29 Esoteric

There's no targeted release date, and when there is, it will just be a marketing push with a bigger update (like another act). They plan on having a lot of updates now and after release. There's going to be another patch next week that adds another skill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5toCbb-vn4

Release really won't be any different. If you start playing now, you'll get to keep all your characters, loot, and currency. Balancing will always be on the table as they add more skills, supports, and add to the passive tree.

None of this should stop you from playing, it's a great action RPG. Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2 just couldn't hold my interest, but PoE does.

12. Re: Path of Exile Patched Mar 8, 2013, 14:10 Mr. Tact

Is there a target date for release on this? I'm kinda of waiting for that...  

11. Re: Path of Exile Patched Mar 8, 2013, 14:03 Creston

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 14:00:
I suppose it might, though these major patches have been happening only once per month, with much smaller ones fixing bugs in between. However, after they're "finished" with the core systems, they'll likely move on to regularly adding further content and such. They have to, because improving the game is what keeps people interested and spending money.

Right, I understand, but that's not likely to happen with such frequency.

Creston

10. Re: Path of Exile Patched Mar 8, 2013, 14:02 Mr. Tact

ItBurn wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 10:17:
It's as much a mmo as Diablo 2.
In other words, not an MMO.

9. Re: Path of Exile Patched Mar 8, 2013, 14:00 jacobvandy

I suppose it might, though these major patches have been happening only once per month, with much smaller ones fixing bugs in between. However, after they're "finished" with the core systems, they'll likely move on to regularly adding further content and such. They have to, because improving the game is what keeps people interested and spending money.  

8. Re: Path of Exile Patched Mar 8, 2013, 13:48 Creston

Mostly it's that my internet connection is terribly slow, and they seem to patch pretty often. I hate wanting to go play a game, then see that I have another 500MB patch to download (which for me takes hours.)

I'm just kinda hoping that once they go "final" (for lack of a better word), the frequent patching might slow down a bit.

Creston

7. Re: Path of Exile Patched Mar 8, 2013, 13:42 jacobvandy

Is there something specific you think will happen when it does that you are waiting for? The last character wipe was when it went open beta, so there's not really a good reason to not be playing it now.  

6. Re: Path of Exile Patched Mar 8, 2013, 13:06 Creston

Has there been any news yet on when this goes out of Beta?

Creston

5. Re: Path of Exile Patched Mar 8, 2013, 12:39 jacobvandy

Looks like they buffed the crap out of the duelist (and physical damage skills in general)! As the owner of a level 46 one that was struggling in the latter stages of Act 2 Cruel, color me pleased. The new fire spray skill sounds really cool, too.

Oh, and since they changed one of the very first nodes for the duelist, it refunded ALL of my passive points, so I could rebuild it again to take advantage of the changes.

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 2013, 13:06.

4. Re: Path of Exile Patched Mar 8, 2013, 10:17 ItBurn

Total-Khaos wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 10:11:
Since when does an action RPG get the MMORPG moniker? A persistent world doesn't automatically make it a MMORPG, just like GGG states here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/about/

The world's not persistent. The only persistent things are your character and it's items. Everything is randomized. It's as much a mmo as Diablo 2.

3. Re: Path of Exile Patched Mar 8, 2013, 10:11 Total-Khaos

Since when does an action RPG get the MMORPG moniker? A persistent world doesn't automatically make it a MMORPG, just like GGG states here:

http://www.pathofexile.com/about/

2. Re: Path of Exile Patched Mar 8, 2013, 09:40 ItBurn

Zomg. Adding skills and improving the skill effects. This is pretty much the only thing, other than making monster's deaths more satisfying , that keeps the game from being amazing.  

1. Re: Path of Exile Patched Mar 8, 2013, 09:17 InBlack

Wow pretty huge patch....hmmm  

I have a nifty blue line!

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo