Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Arma III Trailer

A new trailer from the Arma III alpha is an introduction to the series and its new installment, narrated by community mainstay Andrew "Dslyecxi" Gluck. Here's word on how this kicks off a series of such clips: "Over the next couple of weeks, Andrew Gluck - better known as Dslyecxi from the Arma community group ShackTactical - will introduce players to Arma 3 and share tips on topics like infantry combat, co-operative multiplayer and mission editing. The first video, which was just released, takes a more general look at Arma 3 and illustrates the authenticity, diversity and opportunity at the heart of Bohemia Interactive's tactical military shooter."

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 10, 2013, 16:55 siapnar

That's what I'm saying. Animation plays a huge role in immersing a player, and this is lacking.  

I have projectile dysfunction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 9, 2013, 04:48 bigspender

Muscular Beaver wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 00:48:
Sir Graves wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 16:10:
siapnar wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 09:44:
I gotta say, the graphics, animation and effects leave a lot to be desired.
Blind much?

Thats what I ask myself with people like you. I think its simple fanboyism, if such obvious things are not seen...
Animations often look far cheaper than before. Especially the generic ones. I could leave that as subjective, but looking at trees and ground textures, even someone as blind as you should see how shitty they look. Also bullet impact dust clouds are huge. Almost cant see your target anymore because of them. That auto eye contrast effect also sucks again and is only annoying. And the ancient scope effect is hated in the community already.

Just to name a few...

the animations are ok, but there is no animation blending like in some modern games so the transitions between them look stiff

edit i really hope the audio gets a make over before release too it's terrible in the alpha

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 2013, 05:12.

20. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 9, 2013, 00:48 Muscular Beaver

Sir Graves wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 16:10:
Blind much?

Thats what I ask myself with people like you. I think its simple fanboyism, if such obvious things are not seen...
Animations often look far cheaper than before. Especially the generic ones. I could leave that as subjective, but looking at trees and ground textures, even someone as blind as you should see how shitty they look. Also bullet impact dust clouds are huge. Almost cant see your target anymore because of them. That auto eye contrast effect also sucks again and is only annoying. And the ancient scope effect is hated in the community already.

Just to name a few...

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

19. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 8, 2013, 16:10 Sir Graves

Blind much?

18. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 8, 2013, 09:44 siapnar

I'm sure the gameplay makes up for it in a lot of ways, but you're being pulled out of the immersion by the visuals.

jdreyer wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 03:40:
OR do you mean that EA has Dice in indentured servitude so they should take revenge by releasing the Frostbite engine to the public?
That would be absolutely fucking awesome.
If only people could make custom maps with the same freedom as say, CS 1.6/source, I think BF3 would live just as long.

I have projectile dysfunction.

17. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 8, 2013, 09:06 ASeven

Joss wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 23:35:
Now what would really be interesting is if Dice released a full-on Free SDK for the current Frostbite engine out of spite.

DICE won't do shit if there's no money involved for them.

16. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 8, 2013, 07:22 InBlack

Im gonna have to save up some cash and buy this. I might not even find the time to properly explore it, but I had a great fucking time with Operation Flashpoint, way back when, and these guys deserve all the support PC players will give them.

Does anyone know what the other faction is? (Apart from the US forces...)

I have a nifty blue line!

15. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 8, 2013, 06:54 Whiskers

DangerDog wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 23:11:
After the modding community gets through with it there might not even be a milsim on the other side but rather more survival horror modes like DayZ.

I think most people come to Arma for the military sim aspect, not a first / 3rd person shooter. I think BIS has a hard time deciding which they want to be though. Their long term audience is the hard core sim fanbase, but they don't get the sales numbers if they cater to that group. DayZ is going to have it's own standalone game now, and most of the modding community for Arma does serious military things. DayZ was more of a fluke in my mind. In general, the arma community are the ones who make the ARma games playable and add all of the cool features that make the "game" playable and more of a military simulator. Personally, I'd rather have it be a military sim than a shooter, there are plenty of shooters out there already. Very few games come close to the old tactical shooters like Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon these days.

14. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 8, 2013, 06:01 bigspender

Techie714 wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 22:43:
The narrator is from ShackTactical they are a serious group of players. Very difficult to get into their group. Also all super cool guys!

This was an OUTSTANDING video!

Yeah but i wish he would stop talking in manner that makes it sound like comma's are full stops

Game looks super cool though. I will be raining death from the skies on release day!

13. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 8, 2013, 03:40 jdreyer

Joss wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 23:35:
Now what would really be interesting is if Dice released a full-on Free SDK for the current Frostbite engine out of spite.

Who would they be spiting? Aren't they laughing all the way to the bank? OR do you mean that EA has Dice in indentured servitude so they should take revenge by releasing the Frostbite engine to the public?

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

12. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 8, 2013, 01:35 Muscular Beaver

Its better in some cases and in others its actually worse than ArmA 2.
Hopefully the latter is due to the alpha status.

Right now it feels too much like a generic shooter imo. I fired it up and played 2 hours, and havent touched it since release.
Everything is far too fast, so that it actually looks silly and consolish-cheap. Even the graphics are not much better, and in some cases actually much worse. For example the ground textures have received a lot of criticism, as well as the trees

I like the more direct controls, but as I said, they are far to generic now, making it look like a BF3-wannabe game. But ArmA 2 was so much more than that. Kinda sad to see. All the whiners seem to have gotten their will, just like when they decreased ArmA 2 graphics quality, because so many outsiders whined that their ancient PCs couldnt run it.

Oh and again, they didnt implement proper scopes, even though the community wanted that for ages. They should have taken a better look at Red Orchestra 2, instead of BF3...

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

11. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 8, 2013, 00:56 Qbex .

Alpha is awesome so far. I could not stand clunkiness of ARMA2 for more that 5 min but still supported them hoping they will reiterate and deliver. So far it looks like they did. This one looks great , plays great, tight controls, good UI, fidelity and scope is great. I'm very impressed. Can't wait for full version.  

10. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 8, 2013, 00:42 jdreyer

Techie714 wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 22:43:
The narrator is from ShackTactical they are a serious group of players. Very difficult to get into their group. Also all super cool guys!

Yeah, they have some great Arma II vids.

9. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 8, 2013, 00:40 Cutter

Wicked effing trailer! I'm down like a clown Charlie Brown!

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

8. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 7, 2013, 23:35 Joss

7. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 7, 2013, 23:11 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 22:12:
Could this be the replacement for BF2, in terms of mod-ability and co-op play vs. bots? I heard only lukewarm things about Arma 2. Is BI making a strong effort to address the deficiencies of the previous game in the upcoming one?

The game does look pretty sweet. Just a bit of pop-in, but vehicles and player models especially look good.

Nope, this won't replace Battlefield. It's got way too much simulation and not enough game. In order to get the most out of Arma you have to do strict rollplay of soldering.

They've improved the on-foot feel but have added in extra layers of complexity to your movements that essentially distance itself even further from other games. From a simulation point of view it's all good but it also means you're not going to capture 'casual shooter' fans.

It's hard to tell how far Bis can push the needed revisions before they release the game, under the chassis it's still Arma and that has its benefits for moving content from older games to this one but on the other hand it means it also still has to deal with a lot of clunkyness of previous games. It's not a reboot of the franchise but more a polish progression to Arma 3 from previous Arma games.

After the modding community gets through with it there might not even be a milsim on the other side but rather more survival horror modes like DayZ.

6. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 7, 2013, 22:43 Techie714

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

5. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 7, 2013, 22:12 jdreyer

Could this be the replacement for BF2, in terms of mod-ability and co-op play vs. bots? I heard only lukewarm things about Arma 2. Is BI making a strong effort to address the deficiencies of the previous game in the upcoming one?

The game does look pretty sweet. Just a bit of pop-in, but vehicles and player models especially look good.

4. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 7, 2013, 21:43 MoreLuckThanSkill

Holy shit, that looks amazing. It also looks like it will turn my current comp into a molten puddle, but what else is new.

I like the multiple digs towards BF3 also, hehe.

3. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 7, 2013, 21:38 PHJF

DangerDog wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 21:27:
*GTX Titan non included

I like the cut of your jib.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo