Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 8, 2013, 07:38 Golwar

killer_roach wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 14:17:
CrimsonPaw wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 14:12:
Still not understanding why everyone's freaking out that the final hardware was not shown. If memory serves me right, the original XBox360 demo (with the dancing robot) was run from servers hidden from view. Even the PS2's look was not revealed until a few months before release.

Simple - people need some reason to irrationally hate things.

Can't be true. If they'd need some reason, they'd have to be somewhat reasonable.

16 million units sounds as if they should manage to release the PS4 worldwide this year. I'd welcome that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2013, 18:43 Fibrocyte

Shrug... I'll be buying one.  

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2013, 17:55 swedishfriend

Nope. That is like one of the last steps, say step 9136. You have to nail down the internals so that the case will make sense for noise and heat removal, etc. The internals cannot be nailed down too early because they are committing to a huge number of certain components each having its own cost which is constantly changing with technology and competition. Notice they didn't say how fast the CPU was. They may not have decided at the point when they made that presentation. They seemed to have the GPU and memory locked down (they mentioned RAM bandwidth and GPU TeraFLOP numbers).  

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2013, 15:37 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 14:07:
Hey Sony, protip:

Step 1: Build the box to hold all the hardware.

Least important part of the entire process though. We got the important info and this gives them something to fight Microsoft PR efforts with at E3 other than games.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2013, 14:17 killer_roach

CrimsonPaw wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 14:12:
Still not understanding why everyone's freaking out that the final hardware was not shown. If memory serves me right, the original XBox360 demo (with the dancing robot) was run from servers hidden from view. Even the PS2's look was not revealed until a few months before release.

Simple - people need some reason to irrationally hate things.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2013, 14:12 CrimsonPaw

jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 14:07:
Hey Sony, protip:

Back on topic, if Sony wants to meet those goals, they're gonna need to price this thing right and have software to back it up. I won't be buying based on the "we plan to" notion.

~~Crim~~

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2013, 14:07 jdreyer

Hey Sony, protip:

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2013, 13:34 killer_roach

nin wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 13:28:
I was going to say the same, but keep in mind that's shipped, not sold.

But even 16 million shipped would be impressive...

It's doable, but heavily dependent on what they can put out there in terms of first-party game development. Third-party stuff sells the biggest units overall, but most of those (due to community lock-in) are basically defaulting to Microsoft at this point. They need to create the buzz, even if those internal titles don't sell that well (which, news flash - they rarely do).

EDIT: That last sentence works pretty well to sum up Microsoft's canning of Gore Verbinski's game as well. It created buzz for Kinect, was costing them more and more money to develop... it served its purpose.

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2013, 13:59.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2013, 13:28 nin

I was going to say the same, but keep in mind that's shipped, not sold.

But even 16 million shipped would be impressive...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 7, 2013, 13:12 Creston

Something tells me Sony needs to lay off the crack pipe.

Creston

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo