Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tomb Raider DLC on Xbox 360 This Month

SQUARE ENIX announces Caves and Cliffs, a multiplayer DLC pack for the new Tomb Raider reboot, saying this will debut on March 19th as a timed Xbox 360 exclusive. The pack will include three new locations:

Using all four multiplayer modes, the Caves and Cliffs Multiplayer Pack adds new maps to the action-packed Scavengers vs. Survivors melee. The pack comes first exclusively to Xbox 360 players on Tuesday March 19th for 400 Microsoft Points. New locations include:

Scavenger Caverns
An extensive subterranean network of caves used by the islandís scavengers as an underground prison

Cliff Shantytown
This scavenger settlement was built high up on the island cliffs. Its many layers hide some of the deadliest traps on the island

The Burning Village
A raging fire has embraced an abandoned Japanese village, the burning buildings offer multiple ways to escape or engage your enemies

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Tomb Raider DLC on Xbox 360 This Month Mar 10, 2013, 01:20 Jerykk

Parias wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 12:53:
avianflu wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 09:54:
Let's further stomp that once notable franchise into the ground.

Hey now, this actually isn't too bad of a game - and unlike most franchises that literally do get stomped into the ground, they're actually trying to take it in a new direction. I say let them try.

(Although I won't comment on the multiplayer as I don't really have much interest there)

By "new," you mean "exactly like Uncharted." When your new direction revolves around copying best-selling games, that's not exactly risky.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Tomb Raider DLC on Xbox 360 This Month Mar 7, 2013, 12:53 Parias

avianflu wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 09:54:

Hey now, this actually isn't too bad of a game - and unlike most franchises that literally do get stomped into the ground, they're actually trying to take it in a new direction. I say let them try.

(Although I won't comment on the multiplayer as I don't really have much interest there)

8. Re: Tomb Raider DLC on Xbox 360 This Month Mar 7, 2013, 09:54 avianflu

7. Re: Tomb Raider DLC on Xbox 360 This Month Mar 7, 2013, 06:21 MoonSpook

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 05:23:
Unfortunately stability is very poor, which seems to be an nVidia issue - disabling tessellation greatly reduced the number of crashes but it's not resolved yet. Hopefully some driver updates and game patches will address that.

Apparently nVidia only received final code a week before release date, and it mucked up what the drivers they had for it were doing:

RPS article

Amusingly, they just released "The Final Hours Of... Tomb Raider" on Steam. Wonder if it includes "screwing up the code to mess with nVidia users."

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2013, 07:15.

6. Re: Tomb Raider DLC on Xbox 360 This Month Mar 7, 2013, 05:23 theyarecomingforyou

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 04:46:
Must be playing a different game than I, I'm a good halfway through and the only QTE-like events have been non-intrusive and minimal. Unless you're talking about the "press E" to catch yourself from falling, which I don't think qualifies as a QTE.
Actually, there are quite a lot of QTEs but they're not too intrustive.

So far I'm really enjoying the game. It definitely has a different feel to it than the earlier games and I've only come across a single tomb so far (it was small and incredibly easy) but I'm still early in the game. Overall the gameplay is well done and the graphics are great. Unfortunately stability is very poor, which seems to be an nVidia issue - disabling tessellation greatly reduced the number of crashes but it's not resolved yet. Hopefully some driver updates and game patches will address that.

It's still too early to say what I think of the game but it definitely has potential.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

5. Re: Tomb Raider DLC on Xbox 360 This Month Mar 7, 2013, 04:46 DarkCntry

born2expire wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 23:12:
so. many. QTEs.

Must be playing a different game than I, I'm a good halfway through and the only QTE-like events have been non-intrusive and minimal. Unless you're talking about the "press E" to catch yourself from falling, which I don't think qualifies as a QTE.

Hell, the QTEs that I've had have been small and I don't really consider mashing a couple buttons a QTE.

4. Re: Tomb Raider DLC on Xbox 360 This Month Mar 6, 2013, 23:12 born2expire

so. many. QTEs.  

3. Re: Tomb Raider DLC on Xbox 360 This Month Mar 6, 2013, 22:45 Cutter

So it's now like Hitman Derpsolution? Derp Raider.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

2. Re: Tomb Raider DLC on Xbox 360 This Month Mar 6, 2013, 22:37 Asmo

I've really enjoyed the game thus far but there are a few obvious things...

-No where near enough puzzle/climbing games
-Way way too linear
-"tombs" are ridiculously easy. Usually one elementary gimmick puzzle, ?????, profit...
-MP? Seriously, why bother? It's not like there aren't a plethora of MP titles that actually do it far better than Tomb Raider would. Can't imagine why they would have focused on that rather than fleshing out the single player
-Fairly short. I know a lot of the Tomb Raider /played goes to either crossing the same trick ground or a particularly fiendish puzzle that keeps murdering you, but this one (even on hard) doesn't really seem to have much in the way of longevity

As it stands, I doubt I'd even look twice at DLC for this product.

1. Re: Tomb Raider DLC on Xbox 360 This Month Mar 6, 2013, 21:32 Brumbek

I pity the fool who would buy MP DLC for Tomb Raider...  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo