Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Defiance Season Pass

Trion Worlds announces a season pass program for Defiance, their upcoming MMOG that ties in with the TV series of the same name. Here's what's offered by this counter-demo which allows you to pay for content before trying the game:

Trion Worlds has unveiled some details about the action packed Season Pass for the highly anticipated online open-world shooter Defiance™. Players who want to save big on the first 5 DLC packs rolling out after launch can now pre-purchase the Defiance Season Pass for $39.99USD, a 20% savings. Gamers will get a massive amount of content including a new playable alien species, new weapons and vehicles, missions, and rewards, plus two bonus items, an exclusive digital Hellbug combat cap and a Lock Box. The Defiance Season Pass is the ultimate content package for the true Ark Hunter!

The Defiance Season Pass can be purchased for $39.99 (PlayStation®Network) / 3200 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE) / $39.99 (PC). Once purchased, the content packs will be automatically available as they go live.

Defiance, which delivers massive co-op boss battles and fierce multiplayer action in an evolving sci-fi universe, is scheduled to launch globally on April 2, 2013. It will be available on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Defiance Season Pass Mar 6, 2013, 18:33 dj LiTh

SlimRam wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 17:03:
Isn't this the game that's supposed to "tie in" with the tv show? I've read that some of the actual player created characters could possibly make it into the show? I've been trying to wrap my brain around this concept and I can imagine that this is probably total bullshit.....but... Could someone here explain how the game and the tv show are supposed to work together? It confuses me...then again, I get easily distracted by shiny objects so explaining this to me is probably a mute point

Yep, which is exactly why i'm a wait and see on both

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Defiance Season Pass Mar 6, 2013, 18:21 Rea1One

Creston wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 10:39:
Pay us now for five DLCs that we may never make, because our MMO may tank straight out the door and we might close it long before we ever get around to doing DLC! 20% off!

Creston

The MMO might survive when it goes F2P but the TV show will definitely get canned as who else would watch the show besides Defiance players. anyway it will have a small number of viewers either way and for Syfy that is a fail.

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2013, 18:53.

12. Re: Defiance Season Pass Mar 6, 2013, 17:38 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 17:31:
RollinThundr wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 16:01:
Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 13:13:
Tried the alpha and it sucked. The show looks equally as bad. Both are bound to fail hard.

lol judging a game on an alpha. Clown

Well, it's pretty obvious, much like yourself. Both failures.

lol keep telling yourself that libtard.

11. Re: Defiance Season Pass Mar 6, 2013, 17:31 Cutter

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 16:01:
Tried the alpha and it sucked. The show looks equally as bad. Both are bound to fail hard.

Well, it's pretty obvious, much like yourself. Both failures.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

10. Re: Defiance Season Pass Mar 6, 2013, 17:03 SlimRam

Isn't this the game that's supposed to "tie in" with the tv show? I've read that some of the actual player created characters could possibly make it into the show? I've been trying to wrap my brain around this concept and I can imagine that this is probably total bullshit.....but... Could someone here explain how the game and the tv show are supposed to work together? It confuses me...then again, I get easily distracted by shiny objects so explaining this to me is probably a mute point  

I'm bringing Sexy Back

Luckily, I kept the receipt

9. Re: Defiance Season Pass Mar 6, 2013, 16:01 RollinThundr

8. Re: Defiance Season Pass Mar 6, 2013, 15:04 Ripperjack

Well I wouldn't go so far and say the game is going to fail hard, as I've enjoyed my time in Alpha... well sort of, it gave me a diversion from GW2 for a while.

However, the game is very shallow, all about loot, shooting stuff, no crafting with very limited moding of weapons. If there were more sandbox features, then sure, I would give it more of a chance. However, I wouldn't be putting any money into this game until 6 months after release.

Creston wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 10:39:
Pay us now for five DLCs that we may never make, because our MMO may tank straight out the door and we might close it long before we ever get around to doing DLC! 20% off!

Creston

Yea, Creston hit the nail on the head. I'm in Alpha and I am VERY reluctant to pay for a pre-order. I would give this game at least 6 months minimum before I would seriously consider paying for it.

7. Re: Defiance Season Pass Mar 6, 2013, 13:13 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Defiance Season Pass Mar 6, 2013, 11:34 Siygess

Yeah, that certainly could happen. They are following the Guild Wars / Guild Wars 2 model where you pay (a lot!) for the base game but after that there is no subscription fee. Just.. lots of paid for DLC, apparently.

I've been playing the beta and it's pretty fun. I like the atmosphere and the gameplay style is similar to, say, Global Agenda, but with more satisfying combat.

Is that enough for them to turn a profit, and to keep the lights on long enough to deliver on all the DLC in the season pass? Who can say, but I certainly hope so.

5. Re: Defiance Season Pass Mar 6, 2013, 10:39 Creston

Creston

4. Re: Defiance Season Pass Mar 6, 2013, 10:19 dj LiTh

I'm atleast waiting until i see the t.v. show to see if i even like the atmosphere which i'm still not completely sold on to even start looking at the MMO.  

3. Re: Defiance Season Pass Mar 6, 2013, 10:07 nin

John wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 09:31:
Everyone's getting on the Season Pass kick now.

And speaking of kick, the Torment Kickstarter campaign has begun and it's off to a great start!

Goddamn. 256 already...guess between this and that 3d printing pen, that questions the whole "kickstarter bubble" theory.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Defiance Season Pass Mar 6, 2013, 10:00 Cpmartins

John wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 09:31:

And speaking of kick, the Torment Kickstarter campaign has begun and it's off to a great start!
Already donated. Cannot wait. A sequel to the best written RPG by far? Count me in!

1. Re: Defiance Season Pass Mar 6, 2013, 09:31 John

This space is available for rent

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo