Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 6, 2013, 18:49 NegaDeath

Ballmer has dirt on Gates, only thing that makes sense.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: More Big Picture Details Mar 6, 2013, 16:51 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 13:20:
It just boggles the mind that Ballmer is still in charge.

This.

5. Re: More Big Picture Details Mar 6, 2013, 16:51 HorrorScope

After MS saying that, now I think Steam Box has a shot at being massive.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2013, 14:51 Rigs

Yeah, they did an interview with Gates recently (don't have the linky ATM...yes, I quickly checked Google but it's not being friendly) and they asked about Ballmer and the state of MS after Win8's release and he showed not one bit of animosity toward Ballmer whatsoever. So there's apparently something that we (the outside public) that we're not seeing that Gates does, because otherwise I'm sure he would've done something to turn MS around. Maybe they think that 'what's-his-name' that was the head of Win8 and was let go, was the problem and now things are back on track? Who knows. I have a lot of faith in Bill Gates. I really do. I see him as a great role model and leader and while he makes missteps like any other human being, he knows the computer industry. He's not going to let MS fail. Count on that...they might falter some, but they'll get back on their feet again. I think Windows9 will be a return to the original Windows7 side of things and this whole 'Metro/Modern' UI business will be either ejected entirely for something different or implemented as a complement to the desktop. I'm pretty sure they realize that having the 'Metro/Modern' side of things being dominate on a desktop system was stupid. For tablets and any other touch-device, fine. For desktop systems, you need a desktop OS. Gates knows that. He's not stupid. I'm sure he's told Ballmer what should be done. Keep in mind we don't see things in OS development 'as they happen', we only see them come to light long after they're implemented, so things might be totally different in the new Windows and we wouldn't know about it for a while...

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 6, 2013, 13:20 Cutter

It just boggles the mind that Ballmer is still in charge.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 6, 2013, 12:45 nate12345

Microsoft has been sitting by, saying they have no competitors for a while now, while everyone eats them for lunch.  

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 6, 2013, 09:30 Verno

Mojang to consider Minecraft for PlayStation once Microsoft exclusivity ends.

Consider? I don't think they will really consider it so much as completely do it because it would be insane not to capitalize on Minecraft while it's still a thing. They don't have any other real feathers in their hat.

Microsoft: Valve not an Xbox competitor. Mattrick was also asked about the possibility of opening up the Xbox platform in a greater capacity to third-party developers. It doesn't appear that this will happen, as he said he is content with Microsoft's current curation strategy.

This is the company that predicted the iPhone would be a non-competitor to Windows Mobile so I'm not sure they're well rated for vision and foresight. If it was me I would take a billion dollar competitor that's privately owned quite seriously.

Also can't wait for the All Ads Tier of XBL in the next console

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2013, 09:35.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo