Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: etc. Mar 6, 2013, 18:28 GinRummy

So much for the expected reception of my in-depth Slavery Simulator game that I've been developing. It's history!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: etc. Mar 6, 2013, 15:20 Panickd

While I loved their predilection for painting naked women to look like certain animals and put them in cages on street corners to protest circuses and (I would assume) zoos, that is about all there is to like about PETA.  

7. Re: etc. Mar 6, 2013, 14:12 Flatline

PETA has around a 90% kill rate for it's animal shelters.

http://tinyurl.com/7u63x4x

It's hard to take any hyper-pro-animal organization seriously that kills thousands of animals a year.

Plus, whaling was pretty much why countries went to sea for like 300 years. It'd be hard to do a nautical game that didn't touch on the whaling industry in the age of sail. The only odd thing about it in this period is that I'm not sure that the Caribbean is known as a whaling ground. Usually the North Atlantic and South Pacific waters were known as "fisheries" (There's others, like the Kamchatka Sea that I'm missing). Plus, a privateering ship is not a whaling ship by any stretch.

6. Re: etc. Mar 6, 2013, 13:27 Cutter

To sway public opinion Pea will now refer to whales as Sea Kittens. You wouldn't want to kill a Sea Kitten would you?!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: etc. Mar 6, 2013, 13:05 nin

They literally have more respect for animals than their fellow man.

I'm actually down with that part...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: etc. Mar 6, 2013, 12:59 Agent.X7

I think we should ban Moby Dick as well.

I dated a PETA member once. She was fucking crazy. They literally have more respect for animals than their fellow man. If they had to choose between saving their dog or their own child, I'm not sure they would pick their child.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

3. Re: etc. Mar 6, 2013, 12:58 Creston

To be fair, when I read that you could go whaling in Assflag, I was a little "huh" myself, but it's a fucking videogame, PETA. Have some fucking perspective.

Creston

2. Re: etc. Mar 6, 2013, 10:37 jacobvandy

They're not Amish hippies, lol, they just have an irrational love of all animals. At least in theory... by this point, I doubt even half of the organization truly holds their core beliefs. They make too much money piggybacking on publicity, like Jesse Jackson.  

1. Re: etc. Mar 6, 2013, 10:04 Verno

PETA: It’s ‘disgraceful’ for Assassin’s Creed IV- Black Flag to ‘glorify’ whaling

I'd love to see PETA ditch their little electronic gadgets and go live in harmony with mother nature on the Serengeti. Bunch of fucking hypocrites.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo