Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More on Diablo III 1.0.8 Plans

Following up on his Diablo III Developer Journal from earlier today, Blizzard designer Travis Day made forum post saying one more thing they will work on after an upcoming version 1.0.8 patch is to change the way class-specific items can roll non class-appropriate primary stats in the action/RPG sequel. He also outlines three changes planned for Diablo III version 1.0.8 besides the "indentify all" function mentioned earlier (actually he hedges a bit, saying these are things "players can hopefully expect to see as soon as patch 1.0.8"). Word is they will be increasing Inferno mob density in Acts I, II, and IV, adding a multi-craft option, and now that they are moving players away from the auction house, adding the ability to see if auction items benefit your character. Here's word:

Ok I've finally caught up on all the responses in every location I could find them! This blog was written a while ago and between when I wrote it and when we released it a lot more relevant ideas came up so I want to mention a couple of them. I'm going to keep this short and to the point so I can get back to working on actually improving the game instead of talking about it. ;)

Below is a list of things that players can hopefully expect to see as soon as patch 1.0.8.

Mob density
Acts 1, 2, and 4 will be receiving some adjustments in Inferno difficulty games. We want to try to make all of the acts as comparable as possible so that players don't feel they always have to farm the same areas of the game repeatedly, diversity is the spice of life.

Multi Craft
We want to make it easier to craft lots of items, so we plan on giving players the ability to specify how many of an item they want to craft and then to make that many. Want to make 20 Archon Shoulders of Dexterity? Cool, push the button and watch it go.

AH tooltip compare
Ever wish you could compare the item you are thinking about buying with the item you are wearing? You want it, we want it, and we hope to have it in game soon.

In addition to the changes we introduce in 1.0.8 we also have longer term plans to address issues that need more attention. I mentioned a lot of these long term plans in the blog and outlined some of our philosophies that will drive the itemization of Diablo forward. One of those ideas that I saw mentioned repeatedly in response to the blog is the fact that class specific items can roll non class appropriate primary stats, we have plans to change this down the road. While random really is at the core of Diablo in so many ways this is certainly one of the areas where it has no potential to benefit players. Wizards don't use Strength, Demon Hunters don't use Intelligence so let's just remove those as potential random attributes on Orbs and Quivers respectively.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: More on Diablo III 1.0.8 Plans Mar 6, 2013, 14:22 JohnBirshire

How much money can someone make playing Diablo 3 for 16 hours a day on the Auction House?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: More on Diablo III 1.0.8 Plans Mar 6, 2013, 13:57 LaxerFL

I want this game to be fun SOOO badly! If I spend half the time playing D3 as I did D2 I'd be happy to call it a success. As of right now, I can't stand the thought of playing it for even a minute more.
I miss Skill Trees the most and I know nothing will ever bring them back. I was mere moments away from resubbing to WoW when I decided to try out the free trial. I am glad I did as I found out Blizzard removed Skill Trees from that game, too!
What is Blizzard's deal with Skill Trees? Why do they hate one thing I loved most about games where you level up a character? Planning a build and working towards that build was something that kept me coming back to D2 over and over. Laying out a level 99 Necro build and trying to achieve it was one of the longest lasting goals I ever had in a video game. I only made it to level 94 before I just absolutely burned out but it still kept me interested for literally YEARS. Diablo 2 is STILL installed on my computer! I STILL remember my B.Net password for my first account! I don't think I know my D3 password anymore...
Thank god for PoE and the HUGE passive skill tree! I am loving my fire Witch so much right now!

10. Re: More on Diablo III 1.0.8 Plans Mar 6, 2013, 13:08 Mr. Tact

Undocumented Alien wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 08:18:
They patched in Offline SP Mode for SC2,
They did? When? Last I knew it was the same since launch 30 days at a time as a "Guest".

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

9. Re: More on Diablo III 1.0.8 Plans Mar 6, 2013, 08:18 Undocumented Alien

When they patch in that "Offline SP Mode" like D1 & D2 had I'll drop some $$$ on them. I don't give two $hit$ about an AH or RMAH, the true reasons for their online leash. The games roots are SP and COOP (LAN) with an option for B.NET. They patched in Offline SP Mode for SC2, they can do it for this game.  

8. Re: More on Diablo III 1.0.8 Plans Mar 6, 2013, 06:14 jacobvandy

Yeah... If you're still thinking that Inferno is "too hard," you haven't played the game in like 6 months. They nerfed the ever-loving SHIT out of it.  

7. Re: More on Diablo III 1.0.8 Plans Mar 6, 2013, 02:47 MoreLuckThanSkill

Darks wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 01:24:
I wouldn’t call increasing mod density a good thing, more like a step backwards. Inferno mode is hard enough with the mobs as they are now. And increasing the density even more just makes me feel like they still don’t get it.

Well, Inferno at MP0-1 is pretty easy currently(or it was 2 months ago), far easier than 1.01-1.03, and one of the major problems with D3(in my opinion) is that the only places to efficiently farm were in Act 3. That's partly why I had to take a break, I simply could not tolerate another Act 3 run. Huge empty spaces, in Act 1 and 4 especially, actually filled with creatures now? Excellent news. Between the Monster Power system and added creatures in non-Act 3 acts, D3 may actually have some longevity, if they also start fixing the ridiculous item discrepancies.

For the record, no RMAH use, no GAH use other than foolishly buying crafting mats in like 1.01 or so, and some cheap blacksmith plans in 1.07. All 5 Classes with Inferno cleared, in mostly crappy gear. Trading a few items between friends only.

*EDIT* typo.

6. Re: More on Diablo III 1.0.8 Plans Mar 6, 2013, 02:43 Armengar

My bear spam GI WD loves high density mobs! Bring it on.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

5. Re: More on Diablo III 1.0.8 Plans Mar 6, 2013, 01:24 Darks

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 23:28:
Wow, they are finally going to adjust the mob density outside of Act 3, after 10 months or whatever? Also, non class stats on class specific items... wow finally.

Still, I'm on to PoE and TL2 currently, I'll check back on D3 in a couple months perhaps.

I wouldn’t call increasing mod density a good thing, more like a step backwards. Inferno mode is hard enough with the mobs as they are now. And increasing the density even more just makes me feel like they still don’t get it.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

4. Re: More on Diablo III 1.0.8 Plans Mar 5, 2013, 23:28 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, they are finally going to adjust the mob density outside of Act 3, after 10 months or whatever? Also, non class stats on class specific items... wow finally.

Still, I'm on to PoE and TL2 currently, I'll check back on D3 in a couple months perhaps.

3. Re: More on Diablo III 1.0.8 Plans Mar 5, 2013, 22:10 RaZ0r!

Isn't D3 just another PoE clone?  

2. Re: More on Diablo III 1.0.8 Plans Mar 5, 2013, 22:03 Brumbek

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 21:15:
This guy has been doing a very solid job at keeping the community in the loop. I wonder if he always felt this way or if he was just told to sit down and shut up during development.
I agree that reading his post makes me have ever so slightly more hope that D3 can be great. Just when I get angry at Blizzard and swear I'll never play D3 again, they offer just a tidbit to make me think things might be better.

So either they really care but were (are?) incompetent or they're like abusive spouses who we just keep coming back to...

In the end I think my love for D1 and D2 is what compels me to keep caring about D3...even though Path of Exile is obviously more worthy of my attention. But there's time for both I suppose.

1. Re: More on Diablo III 1.0.8 Plans Mar 5, 2013, 21:15 Wallshadows

This guy has been doing a very solid job at keeping the community in the loop. I wonder if he always felt this way or if he was just told to sit down and shut up during development.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo