Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Offline Testing Grounds

A new March 2013 Creative Director Update for MechWarrior Online has details on a new content update that's now live in the MMO mech combat game. This includes what Piranha Games and Infinite Game Publishing call "arguably the most important feature to date," an offline Testing Grounds mode to allow players to refine their approach to battle before entering the actual battlefield, which would surely draw the approval of Sun Tzu.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Offline Testing Grounds Mar 6, 2013, 07:13 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 02:47:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 21:58:
If they added bots, it might be worth a look.

Yeah, if they had made this a regular SP/MP game it would have gone over like gangbusters.

Yup. I would have bought it day 1.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Offline Testing Grounds Mar 6, 2013, 02:47 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 21:58:

Yeah, if they had made this a regular SP/MP game it would have gone over like gangbusters.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

3. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Offline Testing Grounds Mar 6, 2013, 02:21 edaciousx

ecm needs to be fixed.... it totally blows playing against an ecm team. and the matches need to be better, it sucks having to go into a random map. you end up getting in a long range map with a short range mech or vice versa.  

2. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Offline Testing Grounds Mar 5, 2013, 21:58 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

1. Re: MechWarrior Online Patch Adds Offline Testing Grounds Mar 5, 2013, 21:13 Keith

The offline mode should be a huge help. MWO has been getting better and better each update. Really would like to see some changes for weapons grouping (in the mechlab) and some destructible environment features (ala World of Tanks; trees, fences, etc.). I also am not a big fan of some of the hardpoint options on some of the mechs. I'd really like to have a LRM on each shoulder and large pulse lasers on each arm of my Stalker, plus heat sinks and ammo to support them. With the current hardpoint system, I end up with the layout of weapons being weird. Even if it's mostly cosmetic, I'd like to see either adjustable hardpoints or more custom configuration options.  

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo