Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft Patched

The World of Warcraft website offers version 5.2 patch notes, saying the Thunder King is now live in Blizzard's MMORPG. This post rounds up a bunch of Blizzard's articles with all you need to know about the new version, and here's the overview:

Patch 5.2: The Thunder King is now live! Lei Shen has consolidated his power on the Isle of Thunder, and if hes not dislodged, his reborn army will threaten all of Pandaria. But the return of the Thunder King is good news for you, because it means that new challenges and triumphs await in our latest major content update. A massive new zone, a new raid, server-wide events surrounding the siege on the Isle of Thunder, new factions, world bosses . . . and more. Brace yourself for the storm.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Mar 5, 2013, 19:44 Frags4Fun

Brazor wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 19:34:
The /follow command was disabled in Battlegrounds with the patch. Which hurts the bots and the multiboxers. The boxers already can adapt with the keycloning. But we've yet to see what the bot authors are going to do.

Very few bots use /follow. Also, follow bots get afk kicked the same as a non-moving afk.

Also, key cloning doesn't help when keeping all your toons together.

This change will only hurt a small number of botters while it destroys multi-boxing. Blizzard is going to lose a lot of subs and I doubt that any of the botters will quit. This is a big mistake on Blizzards part.

We'll see what happens.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Mar 5, 2013, 19:34 Brazor

The /follow command was disabled in Battlegrounds with the patch. Which hurts the bots and the multiboxers. The boxers already can adapt with the keycloning. But we've yet to see what the bot authors are going to do.  

6. Re: More Big Picture Details Mar 5, 2013, 18:56 HorrorScope

Frags4Fun wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 17:58:
Blizzard totally destroyed Multi-boxing with this patch. No more /follow in BGs, raids, or dungeons. I just cancelled all my accounts until it's fixed or we get a confirmation from Blizzard as to whether it was intentional or not (and if it will be reversed). It's probably Blizzard's attempt to get rid of bots but legit multi-boxers like myself are collateral damage.

Oh well. It will save me a bunch of cash each month to spend on other games.:)

I'm glad the Arma 3 alpha came out today.

Sounds like they did you a favor.

5. removed Mar 5, 2013, 18:50 Angrius Maximis

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Mar 5, 2013, 19:38.

4. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Mar 5, 2013, 17:58 Frags4Fun

Blizzard totally destroyed Multi-boxing with this patch. No more /follow in BGs, raids, or dungeons. I just cancelled all my accounts until it's fixed or we get a confirmation from Blizzard as to whether it was intentional or not (and if it will be reversed). It's probably Blizzard's attempt to get rid of bots but legit multi-boxers like myself are collateral damage.

Oh well. It will save me a bunch of cash each month to spend on other games.:)

I'm glad the Arma 3 alpha came out today.

3. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Mar 5, 2013, 15:55 Wallshadows

Well, in that case, it should have been 20 hours.  

2. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Mar 5, 2013, 15:36 briktal

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 15:26:
Not quite live just yet as I have been told. Not surprising though, Blizzard has rarely met their original time frame when it comes to content updates and even after were usually met with a couple of days consisting of lag and rollbacks. You would think they would learn to at least extend the usual four hour time frame to eight hours just to cover their ass and if it's up sooner, hey they're working really hard for you!

Everyone should take a page from Scotty.

They announced a 10 hour downtime.

1. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Mar 5, 2013, 15:26 Wallshadows

Not quite live just yet as I have been told. Not surprising though, Blizzard has rarely met their original time frame when it comes to content updates and even after were usually met with a couple of days consisting of lag and rollbacks. You would think they would learn to at least extend the usual four hour time frame to eight hours just to cover their ass and if it's up sooner, hey they're working really hard for you!

Everyone should take a page from Scotty.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo