Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Item Change Plans

A new Developer Journal offers the promised post from Blizzard designer Travis Day on their views on items in Diablo III, and how they plan on improving them going forward. He discusses making legendary and set items more powerful, increasing build diversity by changing items, and the idea of having players find fewer "rare" items in exchange for an increased possibility of finding some that are worth using. He also discusses the idea of creating more fun "gold sinks" and the possibility of players being able to modify existing items, and their goal of having players feel the need to farm monsters to succeed, rather than the auction house. He also notes that while most of what he's discussing is long-term, they plan on adding an "identify all" option in version 1.0.8.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Diablo III Item Change Plans Mar 5, 2013, 23:39 JohnBirshire

Does Path of the Exile allow you to change the size of the mini-map in the top right corner?

How much money can a farmer make playing Diablo 3 for 16 hours a day on the Auction House?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Diablo III Item Change Plans Mar 5, 2013, 22:06 Brumbek

Verno wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 15:13:
Sounds like they're taking some cues from Path of Exile and Torchlight 2. Oh well, steps in the right direction at least. That guy sounds like he really does understand some of the design problems and mistakes made.
Agree. My love for D1 & D2 compels me to wish D3 does become great. Although I personally view its story as nothing but a bad dream by Deckard Cain-this makes D3 so much more tolerable and actually funny story-wise.

12. Re: Diablo III Item Change Plans Mar 5, 2013, 19:37 rist3903

These all sound like good changes, but Path of Exile is my master now.

11. Re: Diablo III Item Change Plans Mar 5, 2013, 19:06 AngelicPenguin

Darks wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 17:20:
Sounds like they're taking some cues from Path of Exile and Torchlight 2. Oh well, steps in the right direction at least. That guy sounds like he really does understand some of the design problems and mistakes made.

Changes for the good being made since the moron Jay Wilson left.

Things can only get better since hes not there stifling the game with his horrible ideas. The guy did not listen to his own people telling him that many of the design decisions were bad. But his ultra-ego Its my way or no way made him think he was god. And one of the reason hes no longer there, even though he says he left on his own. Yea, we buy that story.

BTW, what really pisses me off about these patches and their fixing set items and legendries is, they had better fix it so all of the current ones are fixed with the same attributes. That really pissed many off the last time they made a big change to these items. Everyone had to go out and re-farm them again and spend hours upon hours farming them or end up spending ungodly amounts of gold to get one item.

I can pretty much guarantee they won't retrofit any of them. I think they are concerned about changing something someone actually likes, but I think they should add a "re-roll" option to allow it be like the latest version.

10. Re: Diablo III Item Change Plans Mar 5, 2013, 17:20 Darks

Changes for the good being made since the moron Jay Wilson left.

Things can only get better since hes not there stifling the game with his horrible ideas. The guy did not listen to his own people telling him that many of the design decisions were bad. But his ultra-ego Its my way or no way made him think he was god. And one of the reason hes no longer there, even though he says he left on his own. Yea, we buy that story.

BTW, what really pisses me off about these patches and their fixing set items and legendries is, they had better fix it so all of the current ones are fixed with the same attributes. That really pissed many off the last time they made a big change to these items. Everyone had to go out and re-farm them again and spend hours upon hours farming them or end up spending ungodly amounts of gold to get one item.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

9. Re: Diablo III Item Change Plans Mar 5, 2013, 17:03 Optional nickname

nin wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 15:58:
Dude, it's semi convincing!

the other 'demi convincing' can be had for $250 at the RMAH. You can own the set of 2!

bonus attributes:
100% chance that you will breed a next of kin that is 0% smarter than thee! just messin.

8. Re: Diablo III Item Change Plans Mar 5, 2013, 17:01 Optional nickname

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 15:16:
Maybe if the Diablo 3 community provided some form of feed back on the item quality and how to improve it, this could have been done sooner.

Blizzard has to do all the hard thinking on how to fix what's broken so kudos to them for finding the time and resources to put this in to motion.

Finally, a good laugh related to gaming news, Cheers Wallshadows. I needed that. bwahahaha...

and to sir nin, who can't tell if srs:

bwaahahahahaha!

7. Re: Diablo III Item Change Plans Mar 5, 2013, 16:11 Verno

I have to admit I didn't know what to make of it either  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

6. Re: Diablo III Item Change Plans Mar 5, 2013, 15:58 nin

Dude, it's semi convincing!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

5. Re: Diablo III Item Change Plans Mar 5, 2013, 15:54 Wallshadows

4. Re: Diablo III Item Change Plans Mar 5, 2013, 15:29 nin

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 15:16:
Maybe if the Diablo 3 community provided some form of feed back on the item quality and how to improve it, this could have been done sooner.

Blizzard has to do all the hard thinking on how to fix what's broken so kudos to them for finding the time and resources to put this in to motion.

<canttellifserious>

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: Diablo III Item Change Plans Mar 5, 2013, 15:16 Wallshadows

2. Re: Diablo III Item Change Plans Mar 5, 2013, 15:15 Beelzebud

Too much pseudo-philosophy about game design from them.

You guys want to improve Diablo 3? Here is a challenge. For A solid month do nothing but play Diablo 2, and take notes. It's not rocket science.

1. Re: Diablo III Item Change Plans Mar 5, 2013, 15:13 Verno

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo