Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2013, 22:36 Redmask

Verno wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 14:00:
Seriously you have to be the worlds biggest douchebag to make something like this when you're living it up in a New Zealand mansion, taunting copyright owners and authorities. He got what was coming to him even if I didn't care for the methods. He's lucky someone didn't put a bullet in his head, some of the RIAA/MPAA people are positively nuts.

Bitcoin credit card? Yeah you're real reputable Kim, thanks Rolleyes I hope that guy croaks on a Big Mac.

Sure hmmm ok..but now...tell us how you really feel?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2013, 16:27 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 14:46:
I'm gonna check out Vikings. Looks good.

I caught the first episode on Sunday. While it was ok, they're trying to make it a little too stylish when it should be grittier - IMHO at any rate. And while I like Gabriel Byrne, I only like him in certain kinds of roles and this ain't one of them. They need someone like a (younger) Max Von Sydow for that role. While it's too early to say after the first episode the series could go either way, guess we'll see.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2013, 16:22 cronik

Leave Dotcom alone!  

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2013, 14:46 jdreyer

I'm gonna check out Vikings. Looks good.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2013, 14:00 Verno

Seriously you have to be the worlds biggest douchebag to make something like this when you're living it up in a New Zealand mansion, taunting copyright owners and authorities. He got what was coming to him even if I didn't care for the methods. He's lucky someone didn't put a bullet in his head, some of the RIAA/MPAA people are positively nuts.

Bitcoin credit card? Yeah you're real reputable Kim, thanks Rolleyes I hope that guy croaks on a Big Mac.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2013, 13:46 Cutter

Topevoli wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 11:41:
Creston wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 11:17:
I wouldn't trust Kim StupidName with a stale crust of bread, much less with any of my actual money.

Creston

As opposed to your bank?

Actually yeah. One thing up here is at least our banks are heavily regulated which is why what happened in the US - several times - has never happened here. Oh they're still douchebags to be sure, but they're positively saints compared to someone like Kim Dotcom.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2013, 13:41 Verno

He's got a long running history of fraud and profiting from other peoples copyrighted works, I wouldn't trust that guy to mow my lawn, let alone put a single dime into any company he owns. Look at his house, that's where your money will go. I hate that the internet and stupid government policy has turned that moron into a folk hero, he could not be more undeserving if he tried.  

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2013, 12:57 Creston

Topevoli wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 12:45:
If you load money onto a prepaid credit card it is not backed by the FDIC.

Correct. It will actually be backed by the credit card issuer in question, at least as long as you stick to the massive CC companies.

Also laws are great when the offenders are held accountable. These same banks that had to adhere to laws are also constantly lobbying to change them in their favor.

They're never going to be able to change the law that says they can't just piss your money away (basically.) Again, I know the banking crash in 2008 put a lot of bad tastes in people's mouths when it comes to banks, but in general, if you do some reasonable due diligence and don't just give your money to Bank of America, you're perfectly safe.

I'm not (trying) to troll, I am merely stating that this guy is no less credible than the average credit issuing bank.

Yeah, no, he actually is a LOT less credible. And I do mean several orders of magnitude.

In fact, he actually has to be accountable for his actions (or lack of action) as proven by his current predicament.

If he starts up a credit card service tomorrow similar to something like bitcoin, and you give him 50K, and he blows it on hookers and blow and a tank, and tells you to go fuck yourself, there is absolutely NOTHING you will be able to do about it. Nada. Zilch. Zip.

Creston

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2013, 12:45 Topevoli

If you load money onto a prepaid credit card it is not backed by the FDIC. It sounds like hes trying to do something similar with bitcoins.

Also laws are great when the offenders are held accountable. These same banks that had to adhere to laws are also constantly lobbying to change them in their favor.

I'm not (trying) to troll, I am merely stating that this guy is no less credible than the average credit issuing bank.In fact, he actually has to be accountable for his actions (or lack of action) as proven by his current predicament.

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2013, 11:44 Creston

Topevoli wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 11:41:
I wouldn't trust Kim StupidName with a stale crust of bread, much less with any of my actual money.

Creston

As opposed to your bank?

Nice attempt at trolling. Ignoring the fact I use a credit union, not a bank, said bank actually has to adhere by laws, AND is guaranteed by the government if it fails. (though admittedly "only" up to 250K per account.)

Creston

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2013, 11:41 Topevoli

Creston

As opposed to your bank?

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2013, 11:19 nin

Creston

His goofy pictures always make me think he's going to bust into Gangnam Style any second now...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2013, 11:17 Creston

Creston

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2013, 09:46 wtf_man

nin wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 09:37:
Don't be extradited without it!

Well done, good sir!

/ROFL

You too can afford to build a "Panic Room" with a Kimdotcombitcoin Visa!

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 5, 2013, 09:37 nin

Don't be extradited without it!

Well done, good sir!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo