Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 5, 2013, 22:48 Axis

True, he didn't fill his sack of goodies and hand out phones to emaciated passerby's.

Also true, I never said anything about Obama handing out phones.

...But nevermind that, Beamer had a whole internalized pre-recorded rant to defend and by gosh darnit he was gonna regardless of those facts!

Yours truly,

Axis
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 5, 2013, 22:34 Redmask

Axis wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 12:03:
Only real problem is the millions of food stamp folks under Obamaployment can't purchase PC's to go along with their free phones and internet connections, and the working unemployed actually have responsibilities that go beyond Windows 8 a dick.

This is a liberal world, and the reason all these articles seem like they're written by buffoons - cause they are.

Liberal world or not, Obama didn't give away free phones.

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 5, 2013, 21:29 Beamer

Axis wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 20:01:
Beamer wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 14:39:
Only real problem is the millions of food stamp folks under Obamaployment can't purchase PC's to go along with their free phones and internet connections, and the working unemployed actually have responsibilities that go beyond Windows 8 a dick.

This is a liberal world, and the reason all these articles seem like they're written by buffoons - cause they are.

I can't tell if this is trolling or if this idiot believes in the Obamaphone myth. Because, sadly, some people believe Obama is responsible for giving out phones.

And, even if he does, he somehow thinks Obama giving people free necessities means they can't afford other things.

Amazing how blind some people are to blame the president for things that he didn't do.

What's amazing is you are using the internet but unable to find shit out for yourself. Would help you a ton Beamer, since the "thinking for yourself" is likely out of your reach.

I googled "is axis a troll" and, oddly, didn't get an answer.

But when you google "did Obama create the free phone program" you learn that axis likely is a troll.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 5, 2013, 20:01 Axis

Beamer wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 14:39:

I can't tell if this is trolling or if this idiot believes in the Obamaphone myth. Because, sadly, some people believe Obama is responsible for giving out phones.

And, even if he does, he somehow thinks Obama giving people free necessities means they can't afford other things.

Amazing how blind some people are to blame the president for things that he didn't do.

What's amazing is you are using the internet but unable to find shit out for yourself. Would help you a ton Beamer, since the "thinking for yourself" is likely out of your reach.

Yours truly,

Axis

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 5, 2013, 19:04 Asmo

There's a simple fucking answer for this...

The PC market is reaching saturation and since our systems from 3 years ago are still kicking along well (quad core, multiple gigabytes of RAM, cheap fast vid cards that have no problem running most games on a single monitor), exactly why would people buy an entirely new computer?

Games these days are not pushing the limits of systems from a few years ago let alone modern systems. I'm playing Tomb Raider in 6080x1200 surround, on high, on a single GTX680 4 gig. Non gamers don't really need a huge system to Facebook and Youtube. We extended our corporate warranty period to 5 years in '09 because we were finding the PC's were doing the job required of them fine, and our auctions of "obsolete" systems (ie. out of warranty) are barely turning up 25-50 AUD for fairly good condition working PC's that are more than capable of running XP for a standard home user...

It also disregards the upgrade segment. I haven't bought a "new PC" since the 90's, but I have upgraded hardware frequently.

I'm not saying it won't have ramifications but the manufacturers are their own worst enemies. They turn out high performance parts for cheap then wonder why no one wants to buy the next gen when it's not actually required.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 5, 2013, 14:39 Beamer

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 5, 2013, 14:37 Bodolza

Looks like someone forgot to take his meds this morning.  

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 5, 2013, 12:03 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 5, 2013, 10:38 Wallshadows

So they're using the sales of Windows 8 to justify the whole 'PC is dead' angle?

Okay.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo