Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

3D Quake Editor

TrenchBroom is a fully 3D Quake level editor, to the extent it does not even have a 2D view. It's available for Windows, Linux, and OS X under the GPL.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 13, 2013, 16:28 Wookiestick

Sadly, I could not get the publicly available Quake 1 map sources to open in this editor.  

Love thy wookie.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 5, 2013, 08:59 Wolfen

Oh those were the days. I do miss Radiant, I do miss the old BSP brush editing now. We just deal with BSP for volumes in games. -sigh-  

17. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 4, 2013, 23:45 Wookiestick

There is a notable quantity of people still in Quake, second only perhaps to Doom and other first generation fps games from the mid 90's. I haunt the Quakeone.com forums just because of the huge amount of people still modding for this game.  

Love thy wookie.

16. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 4, 2013, 22:01 Necrophob

Sir Graves wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 16:45:
Oh, man, I would have killed for this many, many years ago when I was still actually playing Quake and making levels for it! Oh well.

I fondly remember Quest and Worldcraft...not so fondly do I think about the hours it took to bsp/vis/light.

15. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 4, 2013, 19:44 Burrito of Peace

Pants  

14. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 4, 2013, 17:46 Dmitri_M

Quake is the name for God on the hearts and minds of gamers everywhere.  

13. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 4, 2013, 16:45 Sir Graves

Oh, man, I would have killed for this many, many years ago when I was still actually playing Quake and making levels for it! Oh well.  

12. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 4, 2013, 16:16 mch

deqer wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 12:40:

I eventually left Quest(level editor) for QERadiant, but I will give this editor a try because of the 3D-only view, because that's how I did it in Quest. In Quest, I always full-screened one of the views and turned it into 3D view, and the keys allowed me to navigate and build at 10x faster speed than in qeradiant.

I remember Quest! I couldn't use the 3D view as much (it ran horribly slow on my machine at the time), so I had to use the 2D views. Still loved that editor though!

PSN: CaseDesignate

11. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 4, 2013, 15:50 Fantaz

Very nice!  

10. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 4, 2013, 15:03 NKD

Did deqer finally take our advice and get on meds?  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

9. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 4, 2013, 14:53 Capitan

deqer wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 14:43:
Well, because Quake was the best FPS and still is for many people. And it's not just ANY fps game--it was a very well done FPS game with a completely solid engine; which is partly why Half-life/Valve's initial launch succeeded so much, because Half-life used the Quake 2 engine and many gamers knew that and put faith into the Valve franchise.

Quake is also one of the first games I grew up with, after Wolfenstein and Doom. I went hard on Quake, played it for many years, played it pro, tweaked it many times, and did level designing for it--mainly rocket arena maps.

I've made many maps in RtCW and ET with radiant editor. What a joy it was to work with that editor. Allthumbsup

I miss that time back then tbh.

8. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 4, 2013, 14:48 nin

deqer wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 14:43:
nin wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 12:54:
Wow! You didn't shit on something! You should post like this more often!

Well, because Quake was the best FPS and still is for many people. And it's not just ANY fps game--it was a very well done FPS game with a completely solid engine; which is partly why Half-life/Valve's initial launch succeeded so much, because Half-life used the Quake 2 engine and many gamers knew that and put faith into the Valve franchise.

Quake is also one of the first games I grew up with, after Wolfenstein and Doom. I went hard on Quake, played it for many years, played it pro, tweaked it many times, and did level designing for it--mainly rocket arena maps.

Ok, who hacked deqer's account?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 4, 2013, 14:43 deqer

nin wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 12:54:

6. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 4, 2013, 12:54 nin

deqer wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 12:40:
Kajetan wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 10:32:
InBlack wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 09:35:
Huh? Isnt this like a few years late to the party?
No. Because the point of this editor isn't Quake,
I think the point of the editor, is Quake.

Quake isn't dead. See www.nquake.com

I eventually left Quest(level editor) for QERadiant, but I will give this editor a try because of the 3D-only view, because that's how I did it in Quest. In Quest, I always full-screened one of the views and turned it into 3D view, and the keys allowed me to navigate and build at 10x faster speed than in qeradiant.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 4, 2013, 12:40 deqer

Kajetan wrote on Mar 4, 2013, 10:32:
No. Because the point of this editor isn't Quake,
I think the point of the editor, is Quake.

Quake isn't dead. See www.nquake.com

4. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 4, 2013, 10:49 pagb

Having built maps for Quake in the past... This editor looks truly awesome.  

3. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 4, 2013, 10:32 Kajetan

No. Because the point of this editor isn't Quake, but the UI concept behind it. Quake is just used, because its well documented and easy to implement.

2. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 4, 2013, 09:35 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: 3D Quake Editor Mar 4, 2013, 09:27 netnerd85

No 2D view, you be crazy!  

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo