Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Insurgency Early Access

The Insurgency Website now offers what they are calling "early access" to this indie team-based first-person shooter, as players can choose to pre-purchase the game for "pre-beta" access, as well a entrance into the beta test, and a copy of the full game when it is complete. Here's word on the game and why it may seem familiar:

INSURGENCY is a first-person team-based shooter for up to 32-plus players designed for Windows® PC and Mac OS X (and in the future, Linux), using Valve’s Source Engine and distributed through the Steam platform. If the name INSURGENCY sounds familiar, that’s because it is based on the popular total conversion for Half-Life 2 -- Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat -- that saw more than a million free downloads and was awarded the ModDB “Player’s Choice Mod of the Year” in 2007.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Insurgency Early Access Mar 3, 2013, 08:30 netnerd85

Blahman wrote on Mar 3, 2013, 06:32:
Yeah, netnerd85 sounds like a COD player.
How is wanting COOP gameplay any way related to being a fan of COD? So, No, I don't play COD games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Insurgency Early Access Mar 3, 2013, 06:32 Blahman

TurdFergasun wrote on Mar 3, 2013, 03:14:
netnerd85 wrote on Mar 3, 2013, 02:29:
I haven't bought any of those

If they (those kinds of games, MP MODs to full retail games) are going to be "paid for" the least they can do is put some effort into bots for COOP play

most big releases are generic shooters these days. i'd place more faith in a team of developers who made a playable and popular mod with ZERO budget, driven by their own motives to come up with more original paid games than the big boys, and this looks to be alot better than any of the codflops released in the past few years.

lack of bots is a pretty janky gripe if you ask me, the communities are probably better off with your boycott anyway though.

Yeah, netnerd85 sounds like a COD player. I played Insurgency a ton back in the day, it kind of fell off the radar though after a couple years. Sad to hear their Kickstarter campaign failed to fund, but since I never even knew it existed as a pretty hardcore fan of the original, that might explain something. Glad to see they are following through anyways though, and happy to support them ($20 seems reasonable for early access, although it will probably be $10-15 by the time it's released).

6. Re: Insurgency Early Access Mar 3, 2013, 06:07 netnerd85

TurdFergasun wrote on Mar 3, 2013, 03:14:
lack of bots is a pretty janky gripe if you ask me, the communities are probably better off with your boycott anyway though.
Why?

No One is ever online for all these little crappy shooters and MP only games. Even if they are finding people on the same skill level is next to impossible. Better to play COOP with friends via LAN.

5. Re: Insurgency Early Access Mar 3, 2013, 03:14 TurdFergasun

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 3, 2013, 02:29:

If they (those kinds of games, MP MODs to full retail games) are going to be "paid for" the least they can do is put some effort into bots for COOP play

most big releases are generic shooters these days. i'd place more faith in a team of developers who made a playable and popular mod with ZERO budget, driven by their own motives to come up with more original paid games than the big boys, and this looks to be alot better than any of the codflops released in the past few years.

4. Re: Insurgency Early Access Mar 3, 2013, 02:29 netnerd85

3. Re: Insurgency Early Access Mar 3, 2013, 01:03 fatguy

Wasn't generic, It had a more tactical type of gameplay than most of the shooters out at the time (and now). I doubt it will do well because most players will rage quit when faced with a game that doesn't have a skill ceiling made for midgets, but I hope it does do well.

Plus Red Orchestra was a free mod and has since had 2 sequels which made the company money. Also Natural Selection 2. Counter strike. Day of Defeat. Team Fortress. Mount and blade: Napoleonic wars. Probably some more.

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2013, 01:11.

2. Re: Insurgency Early Access Mar 3, 2013, 00:41 netnerd85

generic shooter you get for free soon to be paid for? sure it will do well...  

1. Re: Insurgency Early Access Mar 2, 2013, 20:19 fatguy

The mod was really cool, I hope this game does well.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo