Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title

A tweet by supererogatory deflates hopes that the recently discovered Trademark for Deus Ex: Human Defiance signifies a new installment in the action/RPG series by pointing the way to a domain registration for DeusEx-HumanDefiance.com (or as they humorously parse it, DeuSex-HumanDefiance.com) and another for DeusExhumanDefianceFilm.com, each of which is registered to CBS Films. These seem to be a pretty strong indication this all relates to the upcoming Deus Ex film rather than a game.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 3, 2013, 19:24 Scheherazade

The director/producer(s) already said that they are not making a 'deus ex' movie, but instead a 'cyberpunk' movie [named after deus ex].

To which I'd love to reply to them : 'Then don't call it deus ex' if it's not deus ex.

-scheherazade

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 2, 2013, 17:04 NKD

mag wrote on Mar 2, 2013, 10:50:
Don't be so down, guys. It could be every bit as good as the first Mortal Kombat.

Mortal Kombat is easy to do right though. (Which is why the latter movies sucking was such a shocker.) Deus Ex isn't the pinnacle of writing, it's a bit hamfisted, especially the first one with the polisci copypasta, but it's nuanced and makes an interesting whole. It'd be hard to take Deus Ex and distill it to feature film length while keeping "the magic".

A lot of what makes Deus Ex is the details. The newspapers/datapads laying around, the random comments from the random passers-by. This is stuff that doesn't translate into a screenplay well, or even at all.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

24. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 2, 2013, 12:54 nin

Wildone wrote on Mar 2, 2013, 12:15:
The only difference in the 'next gen' systems will be better lighting. A console game is still a console game. No thanks

That's what HR was. And if it's as good as HR, I'm totally fine with it.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

23. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 2, 2013, 12:15 Wildone

The only difference in the 'next gen' systems will be better lighting. A console game is still a console game. No thanks  

22. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 2, 2013, 12:15 Cutter

You're likely a film title! *shakes a fist menacingly*

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

21. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 2, 2013, 12:14 Wildone

its gonna be as bad as the Resident Evil/Doom movie. Trust me  

20. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 2, 2013, 11:35 Creston

nin wrote on Mar 2, 2013, 04:11:
I'm still holding out hope Montreal is working on the sequel. Maybe E3, and targeted for "next gen" and PCs (spring 2014?)?

I can dream, dammit.

I'm sure they are working on another one, but this just means it'll take longer to come out.

Creston

19. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 2, 2013, 11:16 Wallshadows

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 2, 2013, 11:09:
Don't be so down, guys. It could be every bit as good as the first Mortal Kombat.
That was an awesome film! It's a shame that they ruined the sequel by recasting Rayden.

But they killed Johnny Cage right away so it sort of balances out.

18. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 2, 2013, 11:09 theyarecomingforyou

That was an awesome film! It's a shame that they ruined the sequel by recasting Rayden.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

17. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 2, 2013, 10:50 mag

16. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 2, 2013, 07:09 DG

A really excellent film could be made out of Deus Ex.

It wont be, but it could.

15. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 2, 2013, 04:11 nin

I'm still holding out hope Montreal is working on the sequel. Maybe E3, and targeted for "next gen" and PCs (spring 2014?)?

I can dream, dammit.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

14. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 2, 2013, 03:58 osage no onna

What a shame.  

13. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 2, 2013, 01:17 Creston

Well FUCK.

Creston

12. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 2, 2013, 01:09 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 22:45:

The writing is going to be more like this version:

http://youtu.be/Vxi7JRJrod4
Still better writing than anything that's come out of hollywood in ages.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

11. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 2, 2013, 00:32 Wallshadows

Rated PG-13.  

10. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 1, 2013, 23:50 Wash Washburne

Lets see, cast Daniel Day Lewis as Adam, hire David Webb Peoples to write a screenplay for it, convince one of these guys to direct it: Ridley Scott, Christopher Nolan, Terry Gilliam, JJ Abrams (pipe dream since he's doing Star Wars and Valve films), get Vangelis to add some original music to the project and we will have a good sci-fi film for our eyes to feast upon.

In my prefect world, haha

This comment was edited on Mar 1, 2013, 23:56.

9. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 1, 2013, 22:45 NKD

SectorEffector wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 22:28:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeoQEJkGW1I

already better than anything the movie will have.

The writing is going to be more like this version:

http://youtu.be/Vxi7JRJrod4

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

8. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 1, 2013, 22:28 SectorEffector

vrok wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 20:01:
I never asked for this.

ditto.

It only gets worse when they say "we are huge fans of the game!" ( human revolution ) and they will "be faithful to what the fans always wanted" ( human revolution )

I think the first game back in the day had Sorkin writing quality. Interesting factoids and real world conspiracy lore everywhere packed into one beautiful ball of smoothly lit unrealy 1 FPS RPG goodness.

By the time your going through the DuClare you have to stop for a moment and realize your brain has been jizzing all over the place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeoQEJkGW1I

already better than anything the movie will have.

This comment was edited on Mar 1, 2013, 22:40.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

7. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 1, 2013, 21:50 AdamK47

Want to ruin a game franchise? Have Hollywood try to make a movie out of it.

This better not see the light of day.

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo