Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars: 1313 on Hold?

Star Wars: 1313 may be on hold, as Kotaku reports having heard from three "unrelated sources familiar with game development at LucasArts" who say development of the Star Wars action/adventure ceased right around the time of Disney's acquisition of LucasArts last October. They seem pretty convinced their sources are correct, even after reaching out to LucasArts for comment, and receiving a flat denial: "LucasArts has been working diligently to take advantage of the tremendous opportunities that the new Star Wars movies present," a company spokesperson told them. "Star Wars 1313 continues production."

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Star Wars: 1313 on Hold? Mar 1, 2013, 23:25 Flatline

ViRGE wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 03:55:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 21:44:
There's a huge audience waiting to buy updated versions of X-Wing and Tie Fighter.
No. There's a small, vocal audience wanting to buy updated versions of X-Wing. Meanwhile there's a large audience waiting to buy Star Wars CoD, Star Wars Halo, or Star Wars The Force Unleashed 3.

Star Wars doesn't get to skip the fact that any kind of successful game needs to include consoles, and only certain genres are currently selling on consoles. Space sims are not among those.

I'd be perfectly happy with Republic Commando 2. That game had fantastic atmosphere. I still play it from time to time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Star Wars: 1313 on Hold? Mar 1, 2013, 13:41 jdreyer

ViRGE wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 03:55:
There's a huge audience waiting to buy updated versions of X-Wing and Tie Fighter.
No. There's a small, vocal audience wanting to buy updated versions of X-Wing. Meanwhile there's a large audience waiting to buy Star Wars CoD, Star Wars Halo, or Star Wars The Force Unleashed 3.

Star Wars doesn't get to skip the fact that any kind of successful game needs to include consoles, and only certain genres are currently selling on consoles. Space sims are not among those.

Look, fans aren't asking for a remake. All they want is a the monkey island treatment - some new graphics, make sure it runs on modern hardware, etc. It's six months of work and about a $mil. Then they will sell 100K copies for $20 and make a tidy profit.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

16. Re: Star Wars: 1313 on Hold? Mar 1, 2013, 11:35 deqer

"Let's call it, Starwars 1313. Yeah! 1313 sounds cool!"

Uhh, actually, no it doesn't. It sounds stupid.

15. Re: Star Wars: 1313 on Hold? Mar 1, 2013, 11:07 Creston

Cutter wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 21:37:
nin wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 20:53:
I really wonder lucasarts fate under disney. Not that they've really produced anything great lately, but I hoped new owners might shake things up, creatively.

They need to just start over again. Utilize all those classic great IPs dammit!

If by "huge audience" you mean "maybe 100,000 people", then sure.

Creston

14. Re: Star Wars: 1313 on Hold? Mar 1, 2013, 08:33 theyarecomingforyou

Jackplug wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 05:58:
tbh it looked shit when i saw it, the fighting sequences were terrible. As usual a crappy effect with lots of visuals that requires no effort to kill...
Then you must have watched a different video, as it looks pretty good in this one. The animations were definitely a step up from your average third-person game and the acting seemed pretty decent, especially for a Star Wars game.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

13. Re: Star Wars: 1313 on Hold? Mar 1, 2013, 05:58 Jackplug

tbh it looked shit when i saw it, the fighting sequences were terrible. As usual a crappy effect with lots of visuals that requires no effort to kill...  

12. Re: Star Wars: 1313 on Hold? Mar 1, 2013, 05:38 Dwarf-Snowninja

Unfortunately so. The last few starwars games, minus the lego ones, have been kinda eh. Swtor was fun but the single-player crammed into an mmorpg formula kinda ruined it. I was actually interested in this, especially since it LOOKED pre-galactic civil war so a bit more open endedness.  

11. Re: Star Wars: 1313 on Hold? Mar 1, 2013, 03:55 ViRGE

10. Re: Star Wars: 1313 on Hold? Mar 1, 2013, 00:43 The Half Elf

I'd take a visually new game with Jedi Academy's Saber combat over new versions of the Adventure games, followed by another Xwing Alliance game.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

9. Re: Star Wars: 1313 on Hold? Feb 28, 2013, 23:51 Cutter

Honestly I'd rather see new iterations of Outlaws, Grim Fandango, Day of the Testicle, etc. before I see anymore Star Wars.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: Star Wars: 1313 on Hold? Feb 28, 2013, 23:31 DangerDog

I think their "game play" trailer rendered them out of what can be pulled off with current gen consoles.

This is going to be Aliens:Colonial Marines part II

7. Re: Star Wars: 1313 on Hold? Feb 28, 2013, 22:50 nin

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 22:07:
Putting it on hold so they can find a way to tie it in with the new movies, even if that means an overhaul.

That's my guess.

I'm not sure of the timeline of 1313, but I wondered if the new scripts rendered it out of canon.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: Star Wars: 1313 on Hold? Feb 28, 2013, 22:47 edaciousx

I really wonder lucasarts fate under disney. Not that they've really produced anything great lately, but I hoped new owners might shake things up, creatively.

aka rehire lawrance holland.

5. Re: Star Wars: 1313 on Hold? Feb 28, 2013, 22:07 Wallshadows

Putting it on hold so they can find a way to tie it in with the new movies, even if that means an overhaul.

That's my guess.

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

4. Re: Star Wars: 1313 on Hold? Feb 28, 2013, 21:44 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

3. Re: Star Wars: 1313 on Hold? Feb 28, 2013, 21:37 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Star Wars: 1313 on Hold? Feb 28, 2013, 20:53 theyarecomingforyou

That would seem a strange move considering the revival of the brand. From what I saw it looked quite promising but if there's a way to fuck it up then LucasArts is the company to find it.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

1. Re: Star Wars: 1313 on Hold? Feb 28, 2013, 20:53 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo