Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Confirmed, Details Next Week

Ubisoft officially confirms the recent strong indications that Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is the title of the next installment in the stealth/action series. They have released package images for the game on various platforms, including a PC SKU, and say we can expect details on the game on Monday. Meanwhile, the box art confirms the game's seafaring setting, showing our hooded protagonist buckling a few swashes on a sailing ship sporting what looks like an AC-style pirate flag. The shot of the Xbox 360 PlayStation 3 box shows a banner saying this edition will include "60 minutes of exclusive gameplay."

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Confirmed, Details Next Week Mar 2, 2013, 23:50 Jerykk

Pirates: yay! Assassin's Creed: boo!

Really wish this was just a pirate game and not an AC game. I can't stand AC's overly streamlined gameplay. It's just too dumbed down to be compelling. The combat, the traversal, the stealth... none of it has any depth or challenge.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Confirmed, Details Next Week Feb 28, 2013, 22:51 Tanto Edge

..they're going back in time?  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

32. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Confirmed, Details Next Week Feb 28, 2013, 19:42 Taskeen

Meh, I was hoping more of the Native American angle. The Native Americans, after all, were exploited and nearly brought to extinction by shameful deceit/racism. That would make for a better, highly emotional game in and of itself trying to defend your people as an assassin.  

31. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Confirmed, Details Next Week Feb 28, 2013, 17:43 xXBatmanXx

Just fired up ass creed 2 last night.....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

30. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Confirmed, Details next Week Feb 28, 2013, 15:51 NKD

Pirates? Holy fuck yes.

EDIT: Also, interesting thought, since for obvious reasons this probably won't be a Desmond story, maybe we won't have an Animus subplot at all? I kinda liked that story at first but I think I'd like to just be an Assassin for once.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2013, 17:01.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

29. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Confirmed, Details next Week Feb 28, 2013, 15:32 Creston

Flatline wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 14:48:
InBlack wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 09:08:
How many assasinations have happened on board sailing ships historically speaking of course....where the assasin isnt caught, drawn and quartered, or made to walk the plank, or fed to the fishes, or fed to the sailors???? Im guessing none.

Quite a few actually. They're called "boarding actions".

And let's be perfectly honest, in the entire history of the world, how many assassinations have there been of high profile targets where the killer got away with it? Damn few historically. The AC series has always taken people who died historically around the setting of the game and had you neck-stab them.

My friend and I were discussing this the other night. Between the Maya/Inca/Aztecs of Central and South America for tomb raiding and some serious free-running, there's a lot of things that can be plundered in a Caribbean setting. Though we still think it would be interesting to have a Barbary Coast/Mediterranean Corsair game, or a female protagonist in a Caribbean game. We also thought it'd be kinda cool to have like a Portugese or Dutch protagonist.

It wouldn't matter anyway, since "assassinating" people has been in short supply in Assassin's Creed since Revelations.

As for a Dutch protagonist, YES. Piet Heyn!

Creston

28. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Confirmed, Details Next Week Feb 28, 2013, 15:30 Creston

Cutter wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 14:48:
Creston wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 14:14:
Henceforth, this game shall be referred to as AssFlag.

Creston

I was thinking of engrish, braka frag.

THAS LAYCESS!

Creston

27. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Confirmed, Details Next Week Feb 28, 2013, 14:48 Cutter

Creston

I was thinking of engrish, braka frag.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

26. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Confirmed, Details next Week Feb 28, 2013, 14:48 Flatline

InBlack wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 09:08:
How many assasinations have happened on board sailing ships historically speaking of course....where the assasin isnt caught, drawn and quartered, or made to walk the plank, or fed to the fishes, or fed to the sailors???? Im guessing none.

Quite a few actually. They're called "boarding actions".

And let's be perfectly honest, in the entire history of the world, how many assassinations have there been of high profile targets where the killer got away with it? Damn few historically. The AC series has always taken people who died historically around the setting of the game and had you neck-stab them.

My friend and I were discussing this the other night. Between the Maya/Inca/Aztecs of Central and South America for tomb raiding and some serious free-running, there's a lot of things that can be plundered in a Caribbean setting. Though we still think it would be interesting to have a Barbary Coast/Mediterranean Corsair game, or a female protagonist in a Caribbean game. We also thought it'd be kinda cool to have like a Portugese or Dutch protagonist.

25. you're learning! Feb 28, 2013, 14:29 Hassan al-Sabbah

Creston

Golfclap

24. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Confirmed, Details Next Week Feb 28, 2013, 14:14 Creston

Creston

23. Black Flag Confirmed Feb 28, 2013, 14:10 Hassan al-Sabbah

one eye to rule them all  

22. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2013, 14:05 sauron

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 13:43:
Has AC fixed the problem where I look like a retarded loon who recently looted the costume rental store and in no way look like the locals around me?

Because nothing says "professional assassin" like "sticking out like a sore, antediluvian thumb".

Honestly, if you look like that and you're hanging out around a bunch of pirates, you'll fit right in. Perfect camouflage. Problem solved!

Kittens!

21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2013, 13:46 Hassan al-Sabbah

Burrito of Peace wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 13:43:
Has AC fixed the problem where I look like a retarded loon who recently looted the costume rental store and in no way look like the locals around me?

Because nothing says "professional assassin" like "sticking out like a sore, antediluvian thumb".

yeh they fixed that.. they made everyone else look like retarded loons as well

so it all blends together

20. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2013, 13:43 Burrito of Peace

19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2013, 13:25 Hassan al-Sabbah

Rigs wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 12:43:
space god wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 12:01:
those motherfucking fuckers can go fuck themselves up the fucking ass!

Shhh The adults big kids are talking! Movingalong

=-Rigs-=

Yes, yes, I know Im irresistible

W00tw00t

18. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Confirmed, Details Next Week Feb 28, 2013, 12:50 Creston

nin wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 11:56:

I'd much rather tease you about your boating skilz.

Hey, I got 100% on every sea mission! Don't be hatin' on my skillzZ!

Creston

17. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2013, 12:43 Rigs

space god wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 12:01:
those motherfucking fuckers can go fuck themselves up the fucking ass!

Shhh The adults big kids are talking! Movingalong

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'

16. removed Feb 28, 2013, 12:01 space god

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 28, 2013, 12:48.

15. Re: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Confirmed, Details Next Week Feb 28, 2013, 11:56 nin

Creston wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 11:45:
nin wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 11:21:
I just hope it'll be less scripted (one sea mission had me disable a ship by blowing away its masts, but then while fighting two galleons I drifted too far away from said ship and the mission ended because I "lost" it. IT HAS NO FUCKING MASTS. WHERE IS IT GOING TO FUCKING GO??????)

Your ship had masts and sails?

Mine did. Theirs didn't. But apparently that was enough for the game to arbitrarily decide that I had "lost it."

God I hate fucking bullshit like that in games. OH YOU MOVED ONE STEP TOO MANY IN THE WRONG DIRECTION! MISSION FAIL!

Fuck every developer who implements that kind of fucked up crap.

Creston

I'd much rather tease you about your boating skilz.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo