Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 3 Patch

A new patch is now automatically available in the Windows edition of Crysis 3, updating the first-person shooter sequel to version 1.1. MP1st (via VG247) offers notes on this patch, which is coming soon to the console editions, as well as word on a smaller "Data Patch B" that's already live for all platforms. Here's word on what these patches do:

Patch 1.1

• Fix for users getting stuck in the Pinger
  • Fix for Flashbang/Smoke grenade reactions not displaying in Kill Cam
  • Fix for crosshair becoming invisible after certain actions
  • Fixes for squads joining and disconnecting from servers
  • Fix for players being unable to fire or reload occasionally
  • Fix for users occasionally being able to hear VTOL damage siren constantly
  • Weapons retrieved from the ground now have the correct attachments
  • Fix for players getting stuck if ripping HMG off VTOL during destruction
  • Fix for being unable to detonate C4 after host migration on consoles
  • Fix for game not ending correctly if last opponent triggers a host migration
  • Fix for issue where sometimes rip and throw weapons would not deal damage in smoke grenades
  • Fix for relay in CTR becoming stuck if picking up relay during shotgun reload
  • Fix for icons disappearing occasionally in CTR
  • Fix for players occasionally spawning with wrong loadout in Assault (PC Only)
  • Last Man Standing no longer displayed in Hunter for players that have just died
  • Fixed issue with teams during host migration in Hunter/Assault
  • Significant optimisation to Medium detail settings (PC Only)
  • Particle optimisation (PC Only)

Data Patch B
A “behind the scenes” update that will automatically download when entering multiplayer.

• Melee whilst sliding damage reduced to match patch A’s melee damage
  • Typhoon mid range damage reduction
  • Bow sensitivity reduced to match Assault Scope values on PS3/X360 as they have similar zoom values. PC remains as before
  • SCAR+Laser long distance effectiveness reduced.
  • Threat Awareness module levelling targets reduced to 3/10 enemy C4′s destroyed
  • Potential fix for “Incoming!” Skill Assessment not levelling up correctly
  • Fix for Social Challenge skill assessments not being tracked correctly
  • The bottom left of your multiplayer screen should read “[ ONLINE ] [ PATCH_B ]” indicating that the update has been applied. If not, re-enter multiplayer until it is present.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Crysis 3 Patch Mar 1, 2013, 20:09 The_Pink_Tiger

I was underwhelmed. Although the gameplay is a significant improvement over the second game, it still lacks the openness of the original; while the combat arenas are larger, it still isn't too hard to bump against the walls - invisible or otherwise - keeping you in. The actual fighting was nothing to write home about either, made worse by the limited ammunition. Honestly, I spent more of the game avoiding combat than I did actually shooting at enemies because I found it that much of a chore.

Graphically, the game takes full advantage of a PCs hardware... unfortunately. It goes way overboard with the effects, so much that it is actually difficult to make out what you are being shown. The HUD was obnoxious and cluttered as well.

At best, it's an average game and - technology aside - has little going for it. It lacks soul and style. At the end, I was forcing myself to finish the game and I uninstalled it seconds after the final credits began to roll, without regret. If I have anything good to say about it, it's that it finally brings an end to a storyline that was becoming ever more preposterous with every iteration. Frankly, as much as I loved the original FarCry and the first Crysis, I'm not sorry to see this franchise end.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Crysis 3 Patch Mar 1, 2013, 05:23 Quinn

Upgraded my PC two months ago. Game runs like crap with everything maxed, even when lowering AA and Shadows. I scoffed. I quit. I cried. Tagged it as a benchmark program and forgot about it.  

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

12. Re: Crysis 3 Patch Feb 28, 2013, 19:30 Ray Marden

It takes an absurd level of hardware, but the game is damn beautiful with all settings maxed. It really does look just like the screenshots - it immediately made all other games look simple and cheap.

Overall, I would give it an 8/10. The game itself is probably just too easy and inconsistent. I see the potential for this to be an amazing game, but some of the quirks make me give it a lower rating.

I already saw a few comments about it being too easy so I went in on a higher difficulty, but I never felt challenged or threatened. The bow in particular is rather ridiculous - it becomes a one-hit-kill rocket launcher that doesn't even break stealth! The aliens weapons are absurdly fun and absurdly powerful. I really like the ability to customize your suit (upgrade all components of the suit, though you can only have a finite amount active,) but they gave out too many upgrade modules; I am on the last level and have all but one upgrade unlocked. Even then, it just makes you that more overwhelming, whether you play the stealth game or go in guns blazing.

I chose the former and, hunting for all the upgrade modules and intelligence pieces, my session is going to clock in around 10 hours. If you go straight shooter, you can easily cut that time in half.

Otherwise, the mixture of components felt slightly off. It was too easy to pick enemies off one by one, levels felt slightly more confined or at least sparsely populated in certain areas, enemies spawn at blatant script points (which you then just flag and mark through walls with your super goggles ,) I though it was weird to transition from the alien-heavy ending of the second game back to fighting humans and ending up fighting aliens again at the end, etc.

I do like the game, but I just wish it did a little more. It's good, but not great. I got the game for "free" with the purchase of my video cards, but it would probably be better priced around $40-$50. Also, realize that this is still a Crysis game, nanosuit and all - I love that, but others may hate it.
Crysis was a better overall experience.
http://tinyurl.com/d6prkbl

Having fun, but left wishing there was more,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

11. Re: Crysis 3 Patch Feb 28, 2013, 13:11 RollinThundr

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 12:40:
Well I haven't played the later Alien parts, he said there is nearly no feedback as to what constitutes a good hit or not. Especially in a level that's dark (Guess there is such a level?) He said there was no way to tell whether you even hit an enemy. Unless you used the bow.. and once the aliens appear that was my impression as well. You could empty an entire mag at them with no clear hit or damage feedback. Aiming at the head in high grass was also not really possible

From what I saw in the first 3 hours (including that completely terrible tower and I think something with aliens in high grass and that distortion device.) These sections were imo the worst of any game I ever played. If I could play the game without enemies.. I would It is extremely pretty. By far the prettiest game out there. But as a shooter.. I think it would not be worth to buy it just for that. He played on hardest difficulty by the way. Enemies definitely did not die from 1 hit.

And speaking of AI, the AI is not as bad as i thought it would be. In fact most of the time it handles your fucking up being stealthy extremely well and swift.. usually means reload.

Also .. Checkpoint saves (sometimes quite far apart).

Ahh ok, I actually can agree on hit feedback, humans react to it, the alien creatures more so just jump around and not much else. I was actually somewhat impressed with the AI, especially dealing with the player being stealthed, the AI will blindly take shots at where it last saw you, or actively start to search for you and call for backup when it's getting it's ass kicked.

My only complaint about the singleplayer is you really have to raise the difficulty level for it to be a challenge. Being able to go in and out of stealth on a whim would do that to any game though I think.

I thought it was worth full price, competent AI, excellent visuals, lots of different multiplayer modes (Crash being my favorite so far) Obviously ones millage will vary but I'm having a lot of fun with this one and didn't like the previous two titles in this series.

10. Re: Crysis 3 Patch Feb 28, 2013, 12:40 eRe4s3r

Well I haven't played the later Alien parts, he said there is nearly no feedback as to what constitutes a good hit or not. Especially in a level that's dark (Guess there is such a level?) He said there was no way to tell whether you even hit an enemy. Unless you used the bow.. and once the aliens appear that was my impression as well. You could empty an entire mag at them with no clear hit or damage feedback. Aiming at the head in high grass was also not really possible

From what I saw in the first 3 hours (including that completely terrible tower and I think something with aliens in high grass and that distortion device.) These sections were imo the worst of any game I ever played. If I could play the game without enemies.. I would It is extremely pretty. By far the prettiest game out there. But as a shooter.. I think it would not be worth to buy it just for that. He played on hardest difficulty by the way. Enemies definitely did not die from 1 hit.

And speaking of AI, the AI is not as bad as i thought it would be. In fact most of the time it handles your fucking up being stealthy extremely well and swift.. usually means reload.

Also .. Checkpoint saves (sometimes quite far apart).

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2013, 12:51.

9. Re: Crysis 3 Patch Feb 28, 2013, 12:24 RollinThundr

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 12:08:
Extremely boring shooter with great visuals and TERRIBLE shooting physics.. but I only played the first 3 hours.. so take it or leave it

My buddy said it gets much worse once Aliens show up. I believe him.

I dunno I didn't think the physics were all that bad, shoot something in the head, it dies, one shot sniper kills to the head. The aliens aren't even that tough imo.

8. Re: Crysis 3 Patch Feb 28, 2013, 12:13 fujiJuice

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 12:08:

Seems to always be the case, perhaps Crytek and Gearbox should swap licenses, since they seem to want to put the wrong kind of enemies in their games.

7. Re: Crysis 3 Patch Feb 28, 2013, 12:08 eRe4s3r

Extremely boring shooter with great visuals and TERRIBLE shooting physics.. but I only played the first 3 hours.. so take it or leave it

6. Re: Crysis 3 Patch Feb 28, 2013, 11:51 MajorD

Techie714 © wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 11:27:
Since once ARMA 3 & Bioshock comes out I'll be busy for a long time..lol

HAHAHA....yeah, so many games, so little time.

RollinThundr wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 11:28:
I'm enjoying it for what it's worth. SP was a fun romp although predictable story. MP is pretty fun too, though my reflexes sure aren't what they were in the Unreal Tourny/Quake3 Arena days.

Good to know, thanks. Yeah, I definitely know what you're saying; I could pretty much hold my own in Q3A (The Longest Yard especially), but the reflexes are certainly not like they used to be.

5. Re: Crysis 3 Patch Feb 28, 2013, 11:28 RollinThundr

MajorD wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 11:08:
Anyone here on Blue's News play this game yet? A friend of mine raved about it, but I still have my reservations. I’m becoming very skeptical in my older age, but for good reason based on the state of the industry today with the over-hype marketing that ends up being better than the game itself in a lot of cases.

I'm enjoying it for what it's worth. SP was a fun romp although predictable story. MP is pretty fun too, though my reflexes sure aren't what they were in the Unreal Tourny/Quake3 Arena days.

4. Re: Crysis 3 Patch Feb 28, 2013, 11:27 Techie714 ©

Anyone here on Blue's News play this game yet? A friend of mine raved about it, but I still have my reservations. I’m becoming very skeptical in my older age, but for good reason based on the state of the industry today with the over-hype marketing that ends up being better than the game itself in a lot of cases.

I'm totally with you on this statement in general. Although this particular game is getting some good reviews & word of mouth. Not to mention the graphics are REALLY nice. I'll probably pick it up on a sale. Since once ARMA 3 & Bioshock comes out I'll be busy for a long time..lol

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

3. Re: Crysis 3 Patch Feb 28, 2013, 11:26 MajorD

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 11:13:
I've been hearing a lot of positive feedback about this game also.
Even Total Biscuit who is very critical about shitty PC ports seemed to like this game.
I might give it a try when it will be on sale. I am not excited enough to pay $60 for this.

Cool, thanks. Yeah, even though I have a couple of gift cards sitting here, I'm not sure I want to pay $60 either. I'll probably wait for it to go on sale as well.

2. Re: Crysis 3 Patch Feb 28, 2013, 11:13 SpectralMeat

I've been hearing a lot of positive feedback about this game also.
Even Total Biscuit who is very critical about shitty PC ports seemed to like this game.
I might give it a try when it will be on sale. I am not excited enough to pay $60 for this.

Steam: SpectralMeat

1. Re: Crysis 3 Patch Feb 28, 2013, 11:08 MajorD

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo