Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Arma 3 Alpha Next Week

Bohemia Interactive follows the news that Arma III will be a Steam exclusive with word that an alpha version of the military shooter will be released one week from today on March 5th. The post outlines a release schedule where a beta will be released in Q2 of this year, followed by the game's official launch in Q3, and says that those who purchase the initial alpha are also entitled to these subsequent releases. Those interested in trying the game without the upfront financial commitment will be pleased to know that the paid alpha will be followed a week later by a free Alpha Lite version with no multiplayer or modification support, though this will be invite only, available from friends who buy the game as well as website giveaways. The lite version will expire on June 15th, and does not include access to the beta or the full game. They offer three paid versions with various perks: A standard edition for 24.99 EUR/19.99 GBP/32.99 USD, a Digital Deluxe Edition for 39.99 EUR/34.99 GBP/49.99 USD, and an Arma 3 Supporter Edition for 69.99 EUR/59.99 GBP/91.99 USD. Here's word on what the alpha will offer:

Featured in the Arma 3 Alpha are four showcase missions (Infantry, Vehicles, SCUBA and Helicopter), a limited subset of weapons and vehicles, two multiplayer scenarios, the powerful scenario editor and modding support. The 20 km≤ island of Stratis, which is positioned right off the coast from Arma 3ís main destination ĎAltisí (270 km≤), will form the backdrop of the Arma 3 Alpha.

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

17. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 26, 2013, 23:50 Paranoid Jack

Thanks for that link DangerDog, looks much better than I had hoped, I'm interested now.

edit: I'm thinking the deluxe or supporter edition but I don't like the fact that they are saying there may not even be any DLC or add-ons while they're pitching it as a bonus for buying their support edition. But if you look at all the add-ons for ArmA 2 they had much more than the original game and it looks as if they may have finally made it a lot less clunky. Not to mention DayZ (the stand alone) is probably going to release on the new engine.

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2013, 00:27.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 26, 2013, 23:08 jdreyer

Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 21:05:
SirKnight wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 21:00:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 20:53:
But damn, I really need a new computer, but Haswell is so close. Guess I have to wait till June...

What you really need is 3 GeForce Titans.

nah, I think my 660 will be enough. ArmA/OFP was never a huge GPU hogger. I was more thinking about getting a nice quad core Haswell and overclock it to 5 GHz. Oh yeah and a new SSD!

Arma 3 looks fairly graphically intense (although the 660 is a nice card). Not sure the Haswell will give you much of a performance boost, unless you're running something ancient.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

15. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 26, 2013, 22:56 Bumpy

I can imagine the enormous sea of emails they will get of bugs or issues.

Least they are smart enough to alpha this so the final product is reasonably solid.

The screenshots and videos are certainly pretty. Wonder if this will out do Crysis 3 in the 'holy crap my frame rate sucks!' department.

14. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 26, 2013, 22:55 SpectralMeat

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 22:28:
I am waiting for tons of feedback from gamers. If it is as clunky and god awful as 2, then I will pass.
Just keep in mind this is the alpha that they release next week. So I doubt it will be a smooth bug free experience.

Steam: SpectralMeat

13. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 26, 2013, 22:55 DangerDog

Even if it's just a slight update to Arma II it'll be good enough for me, no more clunky reloading animations and the underwater aspect looks pretty cool.

It looked good at last years E3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3-WYswokoU&feature=player_embedded

12. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 26, 2013, 22:32 Techie714 ©

I'm a big ARMA fan I can't wait for this & I'll buy the "Uber edition" if they offer one.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

11. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 26, 2013, 22:28 xXBatmanXx

I am waiting for tons of feedback from gamers. If it is as clunky and god awful as 2, then I will pass.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

10. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 26, 2013, 21:50 Closed Betas

Half the initial features, I dont think new character models as promised, think they just sped up the old ones... interface has some easier interaction... I have VBS2 2.0 license and wasn't too impressed with that release, so not thinking this Arma 3 is going to blow anyone's mind away... Probably another step away from what this games core focus should be...  

9. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 26, 2013, 21:25 Bard

I wonder if they'll bother with the interface this time around....  

8. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 26, 2013, 21:19 Muscular Beaver

Strango wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 21:15:
...I guess Ill take the supporter edition, since all future DLCs are included...

Be sure to hover over that ? beside it. Standalone expansions are not covered by this.
I dont care. I actually hope they release 2 expansion, which I would also buy, of course.
I would also like to support them. ArmA 2 had brought me so much fun like no other game before.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

7. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 26, 2013, 21:15 Strango

...I guess Ill take the supporter edition, since all future DLCs are included...

Be sure to hover over that ? beside it. Standalone expansions are not covered by this.

6. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 26, 2013, 21:05 Muscular Beaver

SirKnight wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 21:00:
But damn, I really need a new computer, but Haswell is so close. Guess I have to wait till June...

nah, I think my 660 will be enough. ArmA/OFP was never a huge GPU hogger. I was more thinking about getting a nice quad core Haswell and overclock it to 5 GHz. Oh yeah and a new SSD!

- Mojo Jojo

5. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 26, 2013, 21:00 SirKnight

4. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 26, 2013, 20:55 xXBatmanXx

Looking forward to the prison compounds and the detailed layouts and textures.......  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

3. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 26, 2013, 20:53 Muscular Beaver

Holy crap, 270km≤?
Chernarus is 144km≤. That is nice to hear!
I guess Ill take the supporter edition, since all future DLCs are included.

- Mojo Jojo

2. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 26, 2013, 20:44 SirKnight

I think I'm going with the deluxe version.  

1. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 26, 2013, 20:39 SpectralMeat

Looking forward to try this one.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo