Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End

Steam News announces that The War Z is now once again available for purchase on Steam, following issues that caused them to stop selling the game "prematurely" late last year. They also state this means they are no longer providing refunds to customers dissatisfied with the initial release:

The War Z is now available for purchase on Steam. Valve and Hammerpoint Interactive collaborated to address community feedback, update the Steam store page, and make the title available for purchase worldwide. In addition, a patch has been released to update existing customers. As such, the special refund offering extended for The War Z Steam customers who previously purchased the title has concluded.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End Feb 27, 2013, 18:28 xXBatmanXx

Ozmodan wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 06:00:
No matter how you look at it, this game is still an outright scam. The forum idiots ban anyone linking to all the horrible reviews this game has gotten.

Anyone who buys this game or even plays it is an idiot because they are supporting really bad game design.

Same could be said about HUNDREDS of AAA titles - most by UBI Soft and EA.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End Feb 27, 2013, 11:07 Creston

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 02:25:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 01:57:
Now about that Aliens Colonial Marines game...

yeah, it's a Steamworks title.

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=49540
MARINES! WE ARE LEAVING...

Rotfl

Just the perfect quote.

As for this blatant DayZ ripoff, I am stunned Steam has allowed them back onto the store.

Creston

18. Re: The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End Feb 27, 2013, 06:00 Ozmodan

No matter how you look at it, this game is still an outright scam. The forum idiots ban anyone linking to all the horrible reviews this game has gotten.

Anyone who buys this game or even plays it is an idiot because they are supporting really bad game design.

17. Re: The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End Feb 27, 2013, 05:33 theyarecomingforyou

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 23:10:
I find it hilarious WarZ has more people playing it than A:CM.
It gives a good indication as to how bad A:CM is. I also find it interesting that the Wii U release is supposedly next month and yet most online stores don't have it and even those that do don't have a release date for it. At this point it's looking like they'll abandon the Wii U release altogether, which means sales must be REALLY bad.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

16. Re: The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End Feb 27, 2013, 02:33 Gas Bandit

At this point, whoever STILL spends money on War Z deserves to lose whatever they pay.  

15. Re: The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End Feb 27, 2013, 02:25 netnerd85

DangerDog wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 01:57:

MARINES! WE ARE LEAVING...

14. Re: The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End Feb 27, 2013, 01:57 DangerDog

13. Re: The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End Feb 27, 2013, 01:48 Dev

LOL, check the store description, they removes all numerical references, like to the km size of maps, how many players on a server, etc. They also removed any reference to being able to use private servers. Presumably this is now the actual release, and not the "foundation release" ?
I wonder if anyone at valve bothered to test the game this time before putting it back?
If anyone needs a reminder:
"A Shocking Interview With The War Z Developer On False Steam Store Claims"
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html

wallace321 wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 23:54:
Wow, just wow. I can't believe it but you're right, there are <500 people playing A:CM right now. I assume that must be in my region? North America?
No, steam player numbers are global on all steam owners. I don't know if ACM is steamworks though, non steamworks games, steam can only track steam players.

12. Re: The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End Feb 27, 2013, 01:30 netnerd85

Fuck them and Valve. Nice 23/100 metacritic score, lol.  

11. Re: The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End Feb 27, 2013, 00:53 xXBatmanXx

MajorD wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 22:41:
This game was/is a waste of my time and a waste of the money I was suckered into paying for it! I had my suspicions & reservations when they first started marketing it, but I took a leap of faith, when I should have followed my instincts like I did with A:CM.

The bottom line is that the game is flat, un-immersive, has bad audio and uninspired graphics. The game sucked, still sucks, and always will suck!

And NO, of course I am not bitter……

The game was 1/4th or less of the cost of ACM.....for the price paid, the game is fine. There are far WORSE games that cost a hell of a lot more. It is a survival zombie shooter. I don't really care about the other stuff....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

10. Re: The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End Feb 26, 2013, 23:54 wallace321

Wow, just wow. I can't believe it but you're right, there are <500 people playing A:CM right now. I assume that must be in my region? North America? That's so sad - unfortunately they'll take it to mean that PC Gaming is dead and blame the platform and/or piracy so I can't exactly be as happy as I would like to be.

The War Z though, did anyone else notice the glitched out zombie in the trailer at the 20 second mark? Yikes! Not a good sign.

9. Re: The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End Feb 26, 2013, 23:12 Jivaro

That is funny...

8. Re: The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End Feb 26, 2013, 23:10 Mad Max RW

7. Re: The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End Feb 26, 2013, 22:56 Jivaro

I can handle a shitty game....shitty games happen. What gets under my skin is the way Sergey Titov handled the situation. I completely believe that the game is salvageable. I simply am not motivated to give them a second chance and I don't understand why anybody else would. Too much other stuff in the gaming and entertainment world competing for our money and time. Admittedly, this particular genre is young and the pickings are thin, which is why I am sure there are plenty of people that will go back regardless of how they feel about the situation.  

6. Re: The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End Feb 26, 2013, 22:41 MajorD

This game was/is a waste of my time and a waste of the money I was suckered into paying for it! I had my suspicions & reservations when they first started marketing it, but I took a leap of faith, when I should have followed my instincts like I did with A:CM.

The bottom line is that the game is flat, un-immersive, has bad audio and uninspired graphics. The game sucked, still sucks, and always will suck!

And NO, of course I am not bitter……

5. Re: The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End Feb 26, 2013, 21:51 [VG]Reagle

This is like going on a date with Mike Tyson a second time after getting raped the first time....  

The First Newell
Gabe's Watching
[VG]Reagle Beagle

4. Re: The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End Feb 26, 2013, 21:37 Eirikrautha

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!"

You would have to have an IQ comparable to warm grape juice to ever trust these guys again... Dunce

3. Re: The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End Feb 26, 2013, 20:45 SirKnight

LOL!

That's all I got.

2. Re: The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End Feb 26, 2013, 20:22 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 20:15:
Wow, really? Didn't think they'd be back.

They have done a lot of patches and although good news, they haven't addressed exploits AT ALL yet. The forums are pretty bad...

1. Re: The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End Feb 26, 2013, 20:15 nin

Wow, really? Didn't think they'd be back.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo