Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Brutal Legend

Steam News announces that Brȕtal Legend is now available (also on GameStop PC Downloads), offering Double Fine's action/strategy game based on the action-packed, strategic world off heavy metal music. In addition to the regular version of the game, they are also selling a version that includes a copy of the soundtrack. Here's word on the game:

Brütal Legend is an action-adventure that marries visceral action combat with open-world freedom. Set in a universe somewhere between Lord of the Rings and Spinal Tap, it’s a fresh take on the action/driving genre, which in this case is full of imitation cover bands, demons intent on enslaving humanity and Heavy metal tunes. Featuring the talents of comedian, actor and musician, Jack Black as super roadie Eddie Riggs, as well as cameos by some of the biggest names in metal music it's a wild ride in the belly of the beast that is not to be missed by gamers and Metalheads alike.

Included as a free bonus in the PC version of Brütal Legend are both the Hammer of Infinite Fate and Tears of the Hextadon multiplayer map packs.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Brutal Legend Feb 27, 2013, 04:47 Andytizer

It's definitely not as nice a port as Double Fine are trying to sell it as, but they've done a commendable job for an old console port. There are some additional fixes on PCGW: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Brutal_Legend  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Brutal Legend Feb 27, 2013, 04:29 Jerykk

PC port has some iffy framerate issues. The engine was designed for 30 FPS, so all the animation, physics, code, etc, tick at 30 FPS. They're using interpolation or some other trick to make the game run at 60+, but it doesn't really feel like 60+ due to the aforementioned issues. I also encountered a bug where everything disappears except the skybox. Looks like they still have some kinks to work out.  

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Brutal Legend Feb 27, 2013, 02:04 Sho

Thanks, but I actually watched that as a refresher a few days back already, and while I'm sure Yahtzee's got some good points there, I still walked away fairly open to the game (and I guess prepared for its flaws). I'm sort of OK with RTS light, a little arcade driving and all of that drenched in the theme ... but still wanting to know whether the PC implementation is any good.  

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Brutal Legend Feb 27, 2013, 01:52 Optional Nickname!

Sho wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 23:08:
I'm in the same boat. Interested, but wanting to hear some reviews first.

Check out Yathzee's 2009 review of Brutal Legend for Xbox.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1044-Brutal-Legend

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Brutal Legend Feb 27, 2013, 01:51 Flo

As many others pointed out, it's a shame that it turns into some streamlined RTS at some point as it starts out so very cool.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Brutal Legend Feb 26, 2013, 23:42 Cutter

I played it on the 360 and it was effin funny. I'm sure it'll be on for $5 in no time flat so just wait till then unless you're a serious metalhead.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Brutal Legend Feb 26, 2013, 23:08 Sho

I'm in the same boat. Interested, but wanting to hear some reviews first.  

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Brutal Legend Feb 26, 2013, 23:03 Bumpy

Curious to hear from real gamers how properly done this port is. Time to wait for some reviews and feedback.  

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Brutal Legend Feb 26, 2013, 21:22 Burrito of Peace

Brutal Legend brings The Metal to PC  

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Brutal Legend Feb 26, 2013, 20:28 nin

$11.25, with code

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..