Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dungeons & Dragons Online Expands This Summer

WBIE and Wizards of the Coast announce Dungeons & Dragons Online: Shadowfell Conspiracy, a new expansion that will launch this summer for Dungeons & Dragons Online, Turbine's free-to-play D&D MMORPG. The expansion continues their foray into the Forgotten Realms setting, adding new iconic heroes and raising the game's level cap. "Last year we expanded the world of DDO into the Forgotten Realms universe with the launch of our first expansion," said Erik Boyer, Senior Producer of DDO. "This year we’re introducing more content and making it even easier to experience the latest content with the introduction of Iconic Heroes that begin at level 15, allowing players to jump right into the action." The expansion be accompanied by two new Forgotten Realms Adventure Packs, as detailed here:

• Two New Forgotten Realms Adventure Packs -- Featuring gorgeous new wilderness areas packed with new D&D monsters, dangerous encounters and a host of challenging dungeons.
    • Wheloon: Horrors from the Shadowfell pour into Wheloon, a prison city full of irredeemable criminals and traitors to the Crown. In this place, Netherese agents conspire to forge an army out of the Kingdom’s enemies. Masquerade as a traitor to infiltrate the Prison City, fight marauding criminal gangs, and destroy the army before it marches – all the while battling creatures made out of the very shadows.
    • Stormhorns: Deep in the Stormhorn Mountains, the Netherese Empire prepares to unleash its secret weapon against the Kingdom of Cormyr. Brave treacherous mountain passes through griffon territory and overcome cunning harpy ambushes. At the peaks of the mighty Stormhorns, overcome an alliance of giants and monstrous creatures – only to have to contend with a terrible Netherese secret weapon.
  • Introducing Iconic Heroes -- Jump into the action of DDO with these new prestige characters that start in Forgotten Realms at level 15 and feature unique looks and skills. Each of these classic D&D heroes is a paragon of their race and class and features custom iconic gear, appearance options and new abilities to enhance their power.
  • Attain Epic level to 28 -- Master your destiny and gain new epic feats and spells with three new Epic levels of advancement that let you reach new levels of power.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Expands This Summer Feb 27, 2013, 16:46 Julio

Would like to try Neverwinter but getting a beta key from them doesn't mean you get to try the beta so far. You have to pay $50-200 for that opportunity.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Expands This Summer Feb 27, 2013, 08:16 sauron

Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 22:30:
It's looking really date now considering how good Neverwinter looks.

Anyone played Neverwinter? How is it?

It would have to be GREAT to drag me away from GW2. I'm halfway to a Legendary Weapon in that game now.

Kittens!

7. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Expands This Summer Feb 27, 2013, 06:42 Julio

Optional Nickname! wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 02:02:
In other words, you can forget high level free characters in D&D online.

True, you do have to pay eventually. Free to play doesn't actually mean free always.

The best MMO I've played, but eventually it just runs out of good content and turns into an epic grindfest.

6. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Expands This Summer Feb 27, 2013, 02:02 Optional Nickname!

Here's a small bit of the otherwise powder-puff gentle FAQ on free vs. premium content. All the other bits sounding almost reasonable:

"Free content is widely available for low-level characters and becomes sparser as a character’s level increases."

In other words, you can forget high level free characters in D&D online.

5. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Expands This Summer Feb 26, 2013, 22:35 Techie714 ©

Cutter wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 22:30:

I agree if this game looked like Skyrim I'd be all over it. I the mechanics & game play are solid for this MMO, but the graphics are really dated....

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

4. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Expands This Summer Feb 26, 2013, 22:32 Zadig

I've never had any interest in this. D & D games died for me when the developers decided they needed to be more like Diablo - absurd leveling and loot.  

3. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Expands This Summer Feb 26, 2013, 22:30 Cutter

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

2. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Expands This Summer Feb 26, 2013, 22:25 Asmo

Darks wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 21:38:
Dead MMO, stick a fork in it. I gave upon the nickle and dime me MMO years ago.

Great game that allows you to drop in/drop out as you wish and really creates the feeling of the tabletop, particularly when soloing content. If I feel like playing for a month I just sub and skip the nickle and diming. Good community and thankfully all the morbid doomcryers tend to avoid the game which is just peachy for the rest of us...

1. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Expands This Summer Feb 26, 2013, 21:38 Darks

Dead MMO, stick a fork in it. I gave upon the nickle and dime me MMO years ago.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo