Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Piratey Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Revealed?

The next installment in the Assassin's Creed series may be pirate-themed or at least set on the high seas if a poster sent anonymously to Kotaku is genuine, as it shows our friendly neighborhood assassin cavorting with some scurvy swashbucklers on the deck of a sailing ship with the caption: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. We shouldn't have to wait too long to find out whether this is true, as Ubisoft recently announced the next installment in the stealth/action series will use a new setting and is expected to be released between April 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014. Further, Kotaku says their tipster says this poster is to appear in stores beginning March 4th.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Piratey Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Revealed? Feb 26, 2013, 19:51 Rattlehead

The art style of this poster does not fit with anything released in previous AC promotions or artwork. I gotta call BS on this one. More than likely this is another comic coming out. Or it could be simply fanart (and poorly made).

Not only that, the costume is clearly Connor's, and the man under the hood has the same skin color with a 5 o' clock shadow, it resembles Connor, but older looking.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Piratey Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Revealed? Feb 26, 2013, 18:53 Crustacean Soup

The naval combat in AC3 was pretty good. Would have been a lot better if it didn't grab the camera away from you every couple of minutes though.  

7. Re: Piratey Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Revealed? Feb 26, 2013, 18:35 Cutter

Instructor: “Welcome to the Quahog Maritime School Chris. Our curriculum consists of being on boats for long periods of time with men. Just men. For many days at a time. Up on the deck with lots of men, or down in the galley with lots of men, ”

Chris: “Is this some kind of pirate school?”

Instructor: “Well... a certain kind of pirate. Yes we've been called that.”

Chris: “I don't know”

Stewie: “Is there some kind of preschool program?”

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Piratey Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Revealed? Feb 26, 2013, 18:20 Creston

Put in AC3's naval battles, an open world, an RPG-ish system, and actually give me people to assassinate, and I'm all there.

Other than that, though, AC3 really kind of wore me down. It just seemed like a crapload of clutter and very little actual assassinating.

Creston

5. Re: Piratey Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Revealed? Feb 26, 2013, 18:15 NegaDeath

After the very well received naval battles in AC3 this seems like a natural move to me.  

4. Re: Piratey Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Revealed? Feb 26, 2013, 18:12 Flatline

Slick wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 18:01:
black flag can be used just like "false flag"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag

this has nothing to do with pirates.... *facepalm*

i wonder if jack sparrow will do a cameo?

True, but it makes more sense to have a pirate game more than a Man o' War centric game. Far more opportunity for action than blockading a port for 3 years.

But all that aside, it's obvious that this is going to be an early 1980's Assassin's Creed focusing on the Punk Rock movement, and that Henry Rollins is TOTALLY an Assassin.

3. Re: Piratey Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Revealed? Feb 26, 2013, 18:01 Slick

black flag can be used just like "false flag"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag

this has nothing to do with pirates.... *facepalm*

i wonder if jack sparrow will do a cameo?

2. Re: Piratey Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Revealed? Feb 26, 2013, 17:58 xXBatmanXx

Sponsored by Pirate Bay?  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

1. Re: Piratey Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Revealed? Feb 26, 2013, 17:34 NegaDeath

Yar?  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo