Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Petroglyph's Victory Revealed

Petroglyph is getting set to take the wraps off of Victory, the next game from the Vegas-based RTS developer. Details are scant for now, though the "WW2" in the URL for the Victory Website suggests a World War II setting, and we have confirmed with Petroglyph that this is a PC game. We should know more soon, as we're told they plan an official announcement on March 5th, and in the meantime, the site is accepting signups for a mailing list for those interested in the project.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Petroglyph's Victory Revealed Mar 5, 2013, 14:30 jdreyer

Yeah, Petroglyph's best game was their first game. And that came out seven years ago.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Petroglyph's Victory Revealed Feb 26, 2013, 22:50 LaxerFL

LaxerFL wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 16:57:
These are the guys that put out RoI and Smite, right? I love these guys! I got an email from them about Victory about a week ago. I'll have to go read that one more carefully now

Battle for Graxia not Smite... that's right. I still like their games and remain hopeful for Victory to be good

10. Re: Petroglyph's Victory Revealed Feb 26, 2013, 20:31 Kosumo

Times have changed, that lame dog in todays world, could be someone else's meatballs! (looking at you Europe!) Lol_dies  

9. Re: Petroglyph's Victory Revealed Feb 26, 2013, 19:39 Keith

Petroglyph's track record with me has been less than stellar. First was the mediocre, Empire At War. If it hadn't been for the Star Wars license, this dog wouldn't have made it out the kennel. Second was Universe At War. Another barker that received some pretty impessive hype before launch and then got dropped like a hot potato once the release came out. Third, Battle for Graxia; a lot of wanna-be and just a smidgen of "meh" equals another pound puppy. I would love to see a golden hit for these guys. Even those droppers I mentioned had some excellent ideas. They just couldn't be brought to fruition. Even worse, they didn't receive much after release support. In and of itself, that makes me reluctant to give them another shot.  

8. Re: Petroglyph's Victory Revealed Feb 26, 2013, 19:20 datachasm

yea im in for incredibly unimpressed with Petroglyph.

got their Empire at War years ago... was on the "they are Westwood" bandwagon... EAW? wow! it so reminds of one of my favorite Star Wars games: Rebellion, blah blah.

it was a pretty good game but not very deep... and missing features, then maybe 2 patches and no news until they announce an expansion: this kinda stuff really pisses me off. i think the multiplayer game sync issues are still in that game all these years from launch.

nothing they have done since has impressed me, and if im not mistaken their support cycle has not changed.

7. Re: Petroglyph's Victory Revealed Feb 26, 2013, 16:57 LaxerFL

These are the guys that put out RoI and Smite, right? I love these guys! I got an email from them about Victory about a week ago. I'll have to go read that one more carefully now  

6. Re: Petroglyph's Victory Revealed Feb 26, 2013, 16:28 RollinThundr

space admiral wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 12:02:
Axis wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 11:44:
These guys are nothing like former Westwood, not even close -- I wouldn't give them a dime.

arent you that guy always talking about that piece of shit game "Path of Exile".. some horrible diablo clone with nothing original about it

who would want to take advice from you? you dont know anything about good games at all

Axis isn't wrong, most of the big names who made Westwood what it was didn't transition over to Petroglyph and judging by what they've put out to date it shows.

5. Re: Petroglyph's Victory Revealed Feb 26, 2013, 12:50 space admiral

ditto  

4. Re: Petroglyph's Victory Revealed Feb 26, 2013, 12:47 Axis

That's me!

I'll let your own post speak for itself, no comeback necessary...

Yours truly,

Axis

3. Re: Petroglyph's Victory Revealed Feb 26, 2013, 12:02 space admiral

Axis wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 11:44:
These guys are nothing like former Westwood, not even close -- I wouldn't give them a dime.

arent you that guy always talking about that piece of shit game "Path of Exile".. some horrible diablo clone with nothing original about it

who would want to take advice from you? you dont know anything about good games at all

2. Re: Petroglyph's Victory Revealed Feb 26, 2013, 11:44 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Petroglyph's Victory Revealed Feb 26, 2013, 09:59 Optional nickname

Why isn't Petroglyph doing their thing on Kickstarter? They can get soooo much funding from loyal fans of former Westwood, myself included, and make a proper RTS game once again, mixing in everything that was best from Dune2 up to RA2/GenZH and everything inbetween.

I hope their current efforts aren't being shunned by lawyers from EA and friends.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo