Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Natural Selection 2 "Gorgeous" Update This Week

The Natural Selection 2 website announces Friday will see the release of build 240 of Natural Selection 2, an update for the action/strategy sequel that developer Unknown Worlds planned to release already, before deciding to do some additional polishing. The new version is unofficially titled "Gorgeous," as it includes graphics enhancements, but it also includes new content, which they proudly point out is neither an expansion nor DLC, but in their view, the "norm," saying: "These days, it is rare for PC games to receive ‘expansion’ style content updates for free. ‘Season Passes,’ ‘Map-Packs,’ and ‘DLC’ are the norm. We’re proud that Gorgeous is breaking the norm, and hope you’ll help us tell the world about it when it goes live!" Thanks IncGamers.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

2. Re: Natural Selection 2 Feb 26, 2013, 10:47 eRe4s3r

Mhhh... I tried NS2. I wished it had large open world maps with several square miles of area, proper infestation simulation, large scale complexes and vehicles as well as world changing infestation stages. Until then.. BF3 it is....

My dream game is AVP1 mixed with NS2 mixed with BF3 proper alien infestation simulation on large scale areas with underground labs and surface structures. Huge alien infestations spreading out to the surface, changing the climate and light. Cutting power to buildings around and distorting radar. Add vehicles for the Marines, and huge overworld and underground aliens like worms or dragon like fliers...

Looking at NS2 just makes me sad. So much potential.. so little of it used.

And of course.. 128 players. And a 1:2 balance for Marines:Aliens ie. Aliens get twice as many players as marines. That way, you could build balance around that. And make huge swarms possible.... ;p

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Natural Selection 2 Feb 26, 2013, 10:00 JaguarUSF

2nd favorite game of last year, right behind Crusader Kings 2.
Still playing NS2, and I enjoy it so much more than your typical online shooter thanks to the strategy elements that make each game different.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo