Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Borderlands 2 DLC

OXM notes a few tweets from Randy "DuvalMagic" Pitchford unveiling plans for more DLC for Borderlands 2, Gearbox's role-playing shooter sequel. One tweet indicates they will indeed be raising the game's level cap, though he won't say when for fear of being "skewered" if this changes. A later tweet expands on this, suggesting a level cap raise and a sixth playable character are in the works, but may not be included in the Borderlands 2 Season Pass: "We're working on new DLC for these things in addition the campaign DLC offered in the season pass." Thanks VG247.

View
45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

25. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 13:24 Verno

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 13:05:
I don't see any stolen assets in that article? I see similar camera angles/situations? Not at all the same situation...

As for additional DLC after the first Season Pass, I say HELL YEAH. You can be a pitiful cheap-ass all you like, wishing for your bargain bin GOTY purchase long before the actual value of the game has dropped that far

If you read the article itself it explains a lot of that and those similarities are pretty...coincidental to say the least. They were also in talks with the guy to have him do some work for them. It's a fine line between inspiration and replication, I'm not sure where it lands though. Also there's really no need to call people names because they're having the nerve to...wait to buy something. A person isn't a superior form of life or a big spender because they spent $30 on a game pass. I liked BL2 overall but it's value to me doesn't warrant another game pass or something right now.

Do you really think they wouldn't have advertised two years' worth of post-release content from the get-go if they knew back then that that's what they'd be doing? Don't you think they would have LOVED to charge $60 for a double Season Pass at the time of release?

Err no, I don't think they would have regardless of if it was planned or not. Many people see too much "planned" DLC content as an indicator that they should wait to buy the game as publishers tend to ship GOTY editions with everything bundled. There's nothing wrong with that behavior either, it's just consumers trying to get the most bang for their buck.

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 2013, 13:43.

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 13:06 space admiral

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 13:01:
Wallshadows wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 12:36:
It's a good thing Gearbox stole art assets to help make such a successful game for Randy to hide behind.
I may have bothered to play the game if they kept the original style.

i bet gearbox misses you

they miss me because i havent bought any of their games ever

i just steal everything - because im too good to pay for bullshit

23. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 13:05 jacobvandy

I don't see any stolen assets in that article? I see similar camera angles/situations? Not at all the same situation...

As for additional DLC after the first Season Pass, I say HELL YEAH. You can be a pitiful cheap-ass all you like, wishing for your bargain bin GOTY purchase long before the actual value of the game has dropped that far, but you have no right to lament the Season Pass for being a rip off when they CLEARLY stated from the beginning that it includes FOUR campaign DLCs, and nothing more. They began working on new DLC because of how popular the game is/was... Do you really think they wouldn't have advertised two years' worth of post-release content from the get-go if they knew back then that that's what they'd be doing? Don't you think they would have LOVED to charge $60 for a double Season Pass at the time of release?

22. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 13:01 netnerd85

It's a good thing Gearbox stole art assets to help make such a successful game for Randy to hide behind.
I may have bothered to play the game if they kept the original style.

21. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 12:59 Verno

space admiral wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 12:57:
what is good about the season pass? does it make the DLC more cheaper to pre-order?

Yeah, the idea is that they keep getting as much money upfront from the consumer as possible in the critical release window. The "deal" for the consumer is you get all of the DLC for less money. I haven't really seen a single "pass" that was actually worth the discount yet, let alone the full price. Most of the meaningful and interesting DLC content tends to be valued higher and sold by itself (Bethesda titles) while many games just ship multiplayer busywork to satisfy pass owners.

Of course the publisher response to any success is to dial it up to 11. So now it's going to be multiple seasons, in addition to preorder DLC, post ship DLC, game passes, etc etc. I haven't played all of the BL2 DLC yet so I can't really judge it either way.

20. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 12:57 space admiral

what is good about the season pass? does it make the DLC more cheaper to pre-order?  

19. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 12:49 Creston

Interesting, I'd never heard that before.

After comparing that codehunters animated short with Borderlands, there are some obvious similarities, but to me it seems mostly that they're both set in a decayed/post-apocalyptic world and that they're both cell-shaded? I'm not really seeing this deliberate stealing, other than perhaps the buss at the start.

Yeah, one chick has a sleek looking ass, and so does the Siren. Does that mean it's stealing?

Even so, it does look kinda bad for Gearbox. "Hey, we're gonna work with you. Hey, we're not gonna work with you anymore now that we've had a look at your work and can do it ourselves!"

Creston

18. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 12:36 Wallshadows

17. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 12:25 Creston

I don't understand why they're so squeamish about the level cap.

Take the current skills, cap them at 50. Put on new levels, give people new skills for those levels, don't make the new skills and levels carry over to the old skills.

Entire problem solved.

Creston

16. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 11:31 ochentay4

briktal wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 11:22:
Tumbler wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 10:37:
It's a weird move to sell something you call a season pass but then exclude certain things. But they did explain the dlc included by the pass from the beginning so it is what it is.

So not only are devs cutting content from games to sell as DLC, they are cutting content from DLC to sell as more DLC?
That's exactly how it is. Its getting ridiculous. Season Pass should include every bit of DLC out there. This teaches only one thing. Do not buy things before everything gets bundled toghether for $5. Do not buy DLC. Do not buy season passes.

15. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 11:29 space admiral

haha look at these losers try to salvage their "name"  

14. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 11:26 Alamar

briktal wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 11:22:
It's a weird move to sell something you call a season pass but then exclude certain things. But they did explain the dlc included by the pass from the beginning so it is what it is.

So not only are devs cutting content from games to sell as DLC, they are cutting content from DLC to sell as more DLC?

heh... well put... : )

-Alamar

13. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 11:22 briktal

12. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 10:50 netnerd85

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 10:42:
Current ACM players on steam: 864.

I want to play it

But I'm not paying more than $7.50 for it

11. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 10:42 nin

Current ACM players on steam: 864.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

10. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 10:41 Verno

Alamar wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 10:39:
You really don't know what that means?

Let's use Blizzard as an example... A Blizzard 'blue' says 'we would like to have feature YYY'... Feature YYY never happens... Fan(atic)s say 'Liars!!! You promised us feature YYY!!!'...

Sure that happens but I don't think that was the case here, if you go watch some of his preview rounds for A:CM he often just seems to be pulling things out of his butt.

Companies use previews to generate interest and hype, this has to be carefully managed though otherwise people will be disappointed and upset when their expectations aren't met.

9. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 10:40 MajorD

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 09:39:
Cause they obviously aren't going to be getting additional money from ACM!

DOH!

8. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 10:39 Alamar

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 10:34:
Shataan wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 10:26:
Shouldn`t that read.... Randy "Ego-Maniac" Pitchford? Or Randy "Stupid is as Stupid does" Pitchford? Both work. ;p

"No one likes to be called a liar, especially if their intent was pure and they always spoke the truth when they spoke it."

He's PURE! And he speaks the truth when he speaks it (whatever the fuck that means).

You really don't know what that means?

Let's use Blizzard as an example... A Blizzard 'blue' says 'we would like to have feature YYY'... Feature YYY never happens... Fan(atic)s say 'Liars!!! You promised us feature YYY!!!'...

-Alamar

7. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 10:38 Verno

He's trying to absolve his personal responsibility by claiming he "believed" it to be true. Never mind the fact that he was making conclusive statements about facets of the game that shouldn't have been uttered if he hadn't personally observed them. All's fair in love and marketing apparently.  

6. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 10:37 Tumbler

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo