Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Borderlands 2 DLC

OXM notes a few tweets from Randy "DuvalMagic" Pitchford unveiling plans for more DLC for Borderlands 2, Gearbox's role-playing shooter sequel. One tweet indicates they will indeed be raising the game's level cap, though he won't say when for fear of being "skewered" if this changes. A later tweet expands on this, suggesting a level cap raise and a sixth playable character are in the works, but may not be included in the Borderlands 2 Season Pass: "We're working on new DLC for these things in addition the campaign DLC offered in the season pass." Thanks VG247.

View
45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

45. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 27, 2013, 18:43 Redmask

Beamer wrote on Feb 27, 2013, 10:03:
So just because you want more than what they said you'd get doesn't make you right. Or rational.

Maybe, maybe not but I'm not opening my wallet further to this game until I feel the value is there in the post content. Cutting off important items then going back on what was said previously isn't going to get me there.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

44. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 27, 2013, 10:03 Beamer

Redmask wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 18:45:
Beamer wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 17:45:
If you expected more then you are an idiot.

And, if you actually played the DLC, you'd see how damn obvious it is that the stuff has zero to do with the actual game, is somewhat annoying, and clearly isn't "cut content."

I don't know, I think anyone who just puts up with it because 'thats what they said they would do so that makes it ok and dont you dare expect more' is an idiot. DLC characters -after- a season pass is my personal line, I draw it there and I don't give a fuck if you think its fair or not, any company doing that shit won't get my money in the future. The quality of the Borderlands 2 DLC doesn't exactly have me begging for another pass anyway.

But there was Day One DLC not included in the Season Pass, and Gearbox has always been 100% upfront that there'd be additional DLC not in the Season Pass.

So just because you want more than what they said you'd get doesn't make you right. Or rational.

Hell, I'd say anyone that bought the season pass ahead of time was dumb, anyway. There was no time limit, unlike many other Season Passes. I bought mine after the 3rd DLC came out, giving me 4 for the price I'd pay for those 3, anyway. The odds of me playing the 4th is low, but hell, it was essentially free.

The DLC was done by separate companies (as Gearbox had shifted to ACM I guess), and is all kind of... ok at best. Way under the quality of the rest of the game. Which is why it drives me nuts when it's called cut content - plotwise it has no real connection, quality wise it's below, separate companies did it, and really the areas are way less fun than the main game.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

43. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 27, 2013, 08:55 Verno

Yeah stuff like that twitter message doesn't leave much to the imagination, it's pretty clear it happened. Randy is a professional bullshit artist so his definition of inspiration is bound to be pretty loose.

I don't think it's the end of the world but I'm surprised the guy hasn't hired an attorney yet.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

42. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 27, 2013, 08:34 gray

Flatline wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 14:45:
Wallshadows wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 12:36:
It's a good thing Gearbox stole art assets to help make such a successful game for Randy to hide behind.

I don't see any stolen art assets in that article. I see similar artistic styles, but that's a long, long, long way away from flat out stealing art assets.

The article makes it clear they looked at hiring these people so Gearbox were aware of their work prior to using the art.

This is more obvious. It's also acknowledge by Randy;

Randy Pitchford @DuvalMagic

@ollymoss You're amazing. Inspiration is part of art and you've inspired us. But the bit that was lifted is uncool, so... consequences.

Between this and A:CM, Gearbox are turning out to be real shady.

41. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 27, 2013, 01:45 netnerd85

space admiral wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 13:06:
netnerd85 wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 13:01:
It's a good thing Gearbox stole art assets to help make such a successful game for Randy to hide behind.
I may have bothered to play the game if they kept the original style.

i bet gearbox misses you

they miss me because i havent bought any of their games ever

i just steal everything - because im too good to pay for bullshit
Err?

Stealing is bad mmmkay.

40. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 19:35 Redmask

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 19:15:
Drawing lines on the basis of anything but the value you attribute to the content is just pretty silly. If the season pass content isn't worth it, then by all means, don't purchase a season pass. If it's bad enough that you really feel ripped off, then let them know it, and vote with your wallet as well.

I'll decide whats silly when it comes to my money and I attribute value to significant things like playable characters and level caps that they said they wouldn't change when I look at content.

39. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 19:26 deadearth

And, if you actually played the DLC, you'd see how damn obvious it is that the stuff has zero to do with the actual game, is somewhat annoying, and clearly isn't "cut content."

I don't know, I think anyone who just puts up with it because 'thats what they said they would do so that makes it ok and dont you dare expect more' is an idiot. DLC characters -after- a season pass is my personal line, I draw it there and I don't give a fuck if you think its fair or not, any company doing that shit won't get my money in the future. The quality of the Borderlands 2 DLC doesn't exactly have me begging for another pass anyway.

Would you rather them not make another character? Or are you saying if they decided to make another character they should include it in the season pass even though they said from the beginning only 4 specific things were included?

To me it seems odd to even purchase another character, as I only had interest in going through the game with a single character. So unless I came in and purchased some GOTY edition at a later date, i wouldn't even think of starting a 2nd game with a dlc character.

38. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 19:15 Wowbagger_TIP

Drawing lines on the basis of anything but the value you attribute to the content is just pretty silly. If the season pass content isn't worth it, then by all means, don't purchase a season pass. If it's bad enough that you really feel ripped off, then let them know it, and vote with your wallet as well.

I certainly don't feel ripped off by the season pass content, and I'll decide on any additional content when it gets released. If it looks like it's worth the cash, then I'll pick it up. Otherwise I move on and wait for the next thing. I don't see anything inherently wrong or shady about them releasing another character as non-season-pass material.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

37. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 18:45 Redmask

36. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 18:20 Flatline

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 17:50:
HAHAHAH Told ya. I have 75 Golden Keys to use...

If he doesn't want to get "skewered" then they MUST include that toon in the season pass - otherwise you just shit on your customers.

Not much more than a week ago he said "we aren't raising the levelcap it breaks everything"

The levelcap DLC will be the one piece of DLC I'll be surprised if it is included in the season pass. I mean, think about it. It's the *one* piece of DLC that *everyone* will want to get if they're going to buy any DLC. So you charge separately for that.

Or if you're REALLY evil, you make the level cap raise an exclusive bonus to the season pass 2.

35. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 17:51 xXBatmanXx

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 10:50:
nin wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 10:42:
Current ACM players on steam: 864.

I want to play it

But I'm not paying more than $7.50 for it

Probably won't have to wait long.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

34. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 17:50 xXBatmanXx

HAHAHAH Told ya. I have 75 Golden Keys to use...

If he doesn't want to get "skewered" then they MUST include that toon in the season pass - otherwise you just shit on your customers.

Not much more than a week ago he said "we aren't raising the levelcap it breaks everything"

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

33. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 17:45 Beamer

ochentay4 wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 11:31:
briktal wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 11:22:
Tumbler wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 10:37:
It's a weird move to sell something you call a season pass but then exclude certain things. But they did explain the dlc included by the pass from the beginning so it is what it is.

So not only are devs cutting content from games to sell as DLC, they are cutting content from DLC to sell as more DLC?
That's exactly how it is. Its getting ridiculous. Season Pass should include every bit of DLC out there. This teaches only one thing. Do not buy things before everything gets bundled toghether for $5. Do not buy DLC. Do not buy season passes.

Season Pass wasn't a hard concept to understand. It very explicitly said there would be 4 large pieces of DLC and that you could get them for the price of 3 if you bought the Season Pass.

If you did not understand that you are an idiot. Not you, personally, as I'm guessing you didn't buy it or ever look at it, but anyone that did.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

32. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 16:57 deadearth

Beelzebud wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 15:23:
So basically if you bought the Season Pass they think you're a sucker that they can bleed more money from. Wasn't the entire point of the Season Pass to get the DLC?

People need to stop supporting this bullshit. Between this and the Alien game, I'm done with Gearbox.

The whole point of the dlc was to get 4 Content packs, nothing more. It was clearly labelled as such, and if someone was under the impression that no additional dlc would ever be released, or that any additional dlc would be included, then who's fault is that (Considering it was clearly spelled out)?

There has been some discussion of a 2nd season of DLC, do i expect this to be included in the season pack? (NO)

31. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 15:38 DangerDog

That was an interesting read, Gearbox gave up their hand when they approached him but then hung up the phone. I knew about the poster design embellishment, how lame do you have to be to copy another style, and rip actual images from it too - the stream like clouds from the Empire poster.

Gearbox is probably hard at work sifting through deviantart for what they can rip off next.

30. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 15:23 Beelzebud

So basically if you bought the Season Pass they think you're a sucker that they can bleed more money from. Wasn't the entire point of the Season Pass to get the DLC?

People need to stop supporting this bullshit. Between this and the Alien game, I'm done with Gearbox.

29. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 14:58 DangerDog

Alamar wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 10:39:
nin wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 10:34:
Shataan wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 10:26:
Shouldn`t that read.... Randy "Ego-Maniac" Pitchford? Or Randy "Stupid is as Stupid does" Pitchford? Both work. ;p

"No one likes to be called a liar, especially if their intent was pure and they always spoke the truth when they spoke it."

He's PURE! And he speaks the truth when he speaks it (whatever the fuck that means).

You really don't know what that means?

Let's use Blizzard as an example... A Blizzard 'blue' says 'we would like to have feature YYY'... Feature YYY never happens... Fan(atic)s say 'Liars!!! You promised us feature YYY!!!'...

-Alamar

You haven't been keeping up with current events pal.

He's not being called out for a pseudo promised feature not being in the game, it's the "100% in game footage" claim that's the big lie, and I'm not just talking about the e3 demo. There's official advertisement trailers that make the same claim well beyond any reasonable time between thinking or hoping the game would look like that e3 demo and knowing flat out that was never going to happen.

28. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 14:52 Jedi Master

There's already a lot of non-Season Pass DLC, none of which do I have.
I got the season pass pre-release from GMG I think for $22. That's just over $7 for each of the 4, and I'd say that's a great deal, better than the one BL1 I paid the full $10 for (Moxxi's lame dome), but not as good as the BL1 DLC I got on sale for $5 each (all the others).

Anyway, you can't argue BL2 was missing anything. This isn't "you get 2 maps for MP and the rest will be $15 for every 4" raping, the game was fine at release.

27. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 14:45 Flatline

I don't see any stolen art assets in that article. I see similar artistic styles, but that's a long, long, long way away from flat out stealing art assets.

26. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 14:43 deadearth

How dare gearbox release Borderlands 2! I paid $50 for borderlands 1 one and should have gotten all content henceforth. Such a cashgrab.  

45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo