Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play

A post to the Diablo III forums by Blizzard community manager Vaeflare confirms presumptions that the recently announced version of Diablo III for the recently announced PlayStation 4 will not have any sort of cross-platform operability with the Windows edition of the action/RPG sequel:

While we think cross-platform play would be awesome, there are currently no plans to allow connectivity between PlayStation Network and Battle.net (this is pretty standard for most games that have PC and console support). As a result, the characters on your Battle.net account and PlayStation account will also remain separate.

In terms of allowing an analog controller hookup for the PC, we donít have any plans for that kind of support right now. Similarly, since Diablo III for console was designed with a controller in mind, the PlayStation version of Diablo III will not support USB mice or keyboards.

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

17. Re: No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play Feb 25, 2013, 23:16 PHJF

There is no cross play for the same reason that there is no cross-play with most competitive games

On what fucking planet is Diablo a competitive game?

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play Feb 25, 2013, 22:34 Creston

He could have said all this a lot easier: "Look, we're doing the absolute bare fucking minimum we can possibly get away with, okay?!"

The Diablo 3 cash grab continues!

Creston

15. Re: No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play Feb 25, 2013, 22:33 Sempai

Yknow, controller support would be a welcome addition on the PC, i guess Blizzard has bigger fish to fry, like ruling the world, not to be bothered with the little things, like making customers happy.  

14. Re: No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play Feb 25, 2013, 22:20 Asmo

Krizzen wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 21:46:
It's relevant because Blizzard mentioned it around the first time they said Diablo 3 and console in the same paragraph. They said they had Diablo 3 working with a console controller, and it worked pretty good. The community response was immediately: "Can I use my 360 controller on PC? Why can't I since you guys have it working?"

That's why it's relevant.

I have about as much respect for those people as I do for someone who willingly cuts off perfectly health legs so he can use a wheelchair...

Blackhawk wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 22:09:
Stop with the conspiracy theories.

There is no cross play for the same reason that there is no cross-play with most competitive games (especially those where you're spending real cash: It is impossible for a console player to remain competitive with a PC player. I can program my keyboard with complex inputs that would twist someone's thumbs into a pretzel if they tried it on a controller.

A keyboard/mouse can provide more input more quickly and precisely than a controller.

In other news, water is wet.

Sad thing is, the PS3 (and presumably the 4) have full mouse/keyboard support built in. But they can't give anyone the advantage otherwise they would have to do it for everyone...

Not that I'd buy it on either platform, but hell, let the user select the control scheme on startup and if the happen to be a PS3/4 user with a mouse/kb, let them play with the big kids instead of being stuck in the kiddie pool.

13. Re: No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play Feb 25, 2013, 22:19 Krizzen

ochentay4 wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 21:50:
I started to think that one more reason that Diablo 3 sucks so hard on PC is because Blizzard always wanted to port the game to any console, and as we all know, any game for console has many restrictions, like GRAPHICS for example, which are totally dissapointing in Diablo.

This game is the worst I played since a long time, and I'm sad cause I payed 60 hard earned bucks on it.

My friends and I were disappointed to. Apparently, we're not the only ones:

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/957

Also, see Diablo 3 forums or any Diablo 3 fansite for endless woes.

12. Re: No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play Feb 25, 2013, 22:09 Blackhawk

Stop with the conspiracy theories.

There is no cross play for the same reason that there is no cross-play with most competitive games (especially those where you're spending real cash: It is impossible for a console player to remain competitive with a PC player. I can program my keyboard with complex inputs that would twist someone's thumbs into a pretzel if they tried it on a controller.

A keyboard/mouse can provide more input more quickly and precisely than a controller.

11. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 25, 2013, 22:06 killer_roach

PHJF wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 21:38:
Most console games don't cross-play with PC because they're designed with the 360 in mind

The announcement was "Diablo III coming to PS3/PS4".

Note why I said "most games". There's nothing stopping them from adding cross-platform play if they're not having to mess with the 360. They simply choose not to.

10. Re: No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play Feb 25, 2013, 21:50 ochentay4

I started to think that one more reason that Diablo 3 sucks so hard on PC is because Blizzard always wanted to port the game to any console, and as we all know, any game for console has many restrictions, like GRAPHICS for example, which are totally dissapointing in Diablo.

This game is the worst I played since a long time, and I'm sad cause I payed 60 hard earned bucks on it.

9. Re: No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play Feb 25, 2013, 21:46 Krizzen

Asmo wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 20:40:
In terms of allowing an analog controller hookup for the PC, we donít have any plans for that kind of support right now.

1. Who the fuck asked for it?

2. Srsly, who the fuck asked for it?

3. Did this even have to be added as news? I don't imagine it will cause much wailing/teeth gnashing. It's like saying "We don't plan on adding rusty razor blades to our chocolate bars"... Your mind wages a brief war between "Well duuurrrrr!" and "That's a fucking relief..."

It's relevant because Blizzard mentioned it around the first time they said Diablo 3 and console in the same paragraph. They said they had Diablo 3 working with a console controller, and it worked pretty good. The community response was immediately: "Can I use my 360 controller on PC? Why can't I since you guys have it working?"

That's why it's relevant.

8. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 25, 2013, 21:38 PHJF

Most console games don't cross-play with PC because they're designed with the 360 in mind

The announcement was "Diablo III coming to PS3/PS4".

7. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 25, 2013, 21:17 HorrorScope

They aren't talented enough nor have the resources to pull off such a feat.  

6. Re: No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play Feb 25, 2013, 20:40 Asmo

In terms of allowing an analog controller hookup for the PC, we donít have any plans for that kind of support right now.

1. Who the fuck asked for it?

2. Srsly, who the fuck asked for it?

3. Did this even have to be added as news? I don't imagine it will cause much wailing/teeth gnashing. It's like saying "We don't plan on adding rusty razor blades to our chocolate bars"... Your mind wages a brief war between "Well duuurrrrr!" and "That's a fucking relief..."

5. Re: No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play Feb 25, 2013, 20:39 Aberian

Having a shared auction house with the PC versions would mean you would have a bot flooded economy day one. The first good rares and legendary items will sell for a lot more and make Blizzard more cash, and continue as better items are found.

Also, I assume the only reason this title wasn't announced for X-Box as well is because Microsoft's regulations don't allow for third party vendors (RMAH) through their games. Steam is not allowed on X-Box for the same reason.

4. Re: No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play Feb 25, 2013, 20:30 Yakubs

Obviously. Why would Blizzard support anything at launch that isn't absolutely necessary? That kind of behavior cuts into the bottom line. Important people own stock, let's not forget.  

3. Re: No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play Feb 25, 2013, 20:28 ExGemini

killer_roach wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 20:26:
PHJF wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 20:13:
Heaven knows Acti-Blizzard don't have the kind of resources Valve was able to muster in making Portal 2 function across platforms...

Most console games don't cross-play with PC because they're designed with the 360 in mind, and Microsoft doesn't let anyone in and out of their walled garden (without paying for the privilege, and that's one way only). No such restriction on the PS3.

If anything, this might be a case where PC-console cross-platform play got scuttled from the PC end. After all, Blizzard doesn't want anything getting into their precious...

Also do not forget that they cannot balance out the game with a pad on console and the game on a pc with keyboard, mouse, macro and all the rest.
There will be a gazilion people crying cause the pc guys do better and all.

2. Re: No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play Feb 25, 2013, 20:26 killer_roach

PHJF wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 20:13:
Heaven knows Acti-Blizzard don't have the kind of resources Valve was able to muster in making Portal 2 function across platforms...

Most console games don't cross-play with PC because they're designed with the 360 in mind, and Microsoft doesn't let anyone in and out of their walled garden (without paying for the privilege, and that's one way only). No such restriction on the PS3.

If anything, this might be a case where PC-console cross-platform play got scuttled from the PC end. After all, Blizzard doesn't want anything getting into their precious...

1. Re: No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play Feb 25, 2013, 20:13 PHJF

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo