Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock Infinite GameFly Preorders

Here's the latest turn in the cutthroat world of BioShock Infinite preorders, where coffee is for closers. Following the announcement of pre-purchase bonuses on Steam that escalate the more customers order, Greenman Gaming jumped in with their own preorder bonus offer to deescalate this competition. Now Gamefly.com has announced their own c-block (commerce block), offering those who preorder Irrational's shooter sequel the first two BioShock games, the Industrial Revolution Pack of in-game items, and a $5.00 GameFly credit for any downloadable game from 2K Games. This offer is good in North America only.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: BioShock Infinite GameFly Preorders Feb 26, 2013, 19:04 nin

Creston wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 18:58:
nin wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 08:48:
Never got around to grabbing that one, and people rave about it.

Bad nin! Play XCOM!

Creston

I will...when it comes with my copy of bioshock.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: BioShock Infinite GameFly Preorders Feb 26, 2013, 18:58 Creston

nin wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 08:48:
Never got around to grabbing that one, and people rave about it.

Bad nin! Play XCOM!

Creston

9. Re: BioShock Infinite GameFly Preorders Feb 26, 2013, 08:48 nin

FREE for the Amazon Kindle (available beginning February 12, 2013)

If that's out, they never bothered to send me a notice. I plan on swapping to steam anyway, when xcom opens up. Never got around to grabbing that one, and people rave about it.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

8. Re: BioShock Infinite GameFly Preorders Feb 26, 2013, 01:49 Jerykk

Maybe the credit is a regional thing. Here's what I see:

Pre-order and get $30 worth of 2K Games credit upon release March 26, plus "BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt" for Kindle and the "Industrial Revolution Pack" free
Customers who pre-order BioShock Infinite will receive a $30 credit to use on 2K game downloads (excluding BioShock Infinite, BioShock Infinite Season Pass, and games available for pre-order). The $30 credit will be delivered upon release of the game on March 26, 2013. Limit one per customer. Credit must be used by March 26, 2014 limit one per customer. Additionally, pre-order customers will also receive a credit good to redeem a free copy of "BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt" for Kindle. An e-mail detailing how to redeem your free Kindle book will be e-mailed within two days after placing your pre-order. Pre-order customers will also receive the "Industrial Revolution Pack", which includes three gear items, 500 bonus in-game currency, five lock picks as well as the Industrial Revolution puzzle game. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offers apply to all existing pre-orders.

If that offer isn't available for you, you could try GMG. Their U.S. store is offering $15 credit/$14 cashback (good towards any game, including pre-orders), in addition to a free copy of Bioshock and one other 2K game (Mafia 2, Civ 5, Darkness 2, Bioshock 2 or Spec Ops). I pre-ordered from GMG a while ago and got $30 in credit, though that may have been a mistake on their behalf. Oh well, it's already been spent so too late for them to fix it.

7. Re: BioShock Infinite GameFly Preorders Feb 26, 2013, 01:18 Optional Nickname!

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 00:15:
Jerykk wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 22:44:
Not sure why anyone would go for this deal when Amazon is offering six times as much credit.

? Amazon isn't doing squat!

FTFWP: Pre-order BioShock Infinite and get Mind in Revolt, an e-book prequel, FREE for the Amazon Kindle (available beginning February 12, 2013). Mind in Revolt provides insight into the mysterious sky-city of Columbia prior to the events of BioShock Infinite and is written by Irrational Games’ writer Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine. Also available worldwide for free to those who pre-order is the Industrial Revolution Pack, which grants exclusive access to three in-game gear items that boost combat abilities, 500 bonus in-game currency, five lock picks, and the Industrial Revolution puzzle game which unlocks stories of Columbia and allows players to pledge their allegiance to the Vox Populi or Founders through Facebook. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

6. Re: BioShock Infinite GameFly Preorders Feb 26, 2013, 01:08 netnerd85

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 22:05:
This all reeks of bad sales numbers......ala Brink. I got RAGE and another game free I think when I ordered Brink.
What an insult. RAGE is 10.5 million times better than Brink.

Frontlines Fuel of War is better than Brink.

5. Re: BioShock Infinite GameFly Preorders Feb 26, 2013, 00:15 xXBatmanXx

Jerykk wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 22:44:
Not sure why anyone would go for this deal when Amazon is offering six times as much credit.

? Amazon isn't doing squat!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

4. Re: BioShock Infinite GameFly Preorders Feb 25, 2013, 22:44 Jerykk

3. Re: BioShock Infinite GameFly Preorders Feb 25, 2013, 22:32 Beelzebud

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 22:23:
I wonder how the A:CM debacle is affecting preorders of this game, and if all these enticements are partially a result of that.

I doubt it. 2K seems to be generous with pre-order bonuses. X-com gave you the first DLC free, a copy of Civ5 and a bunch of TF2 items as well.

2. Re: BioShock Infinite GameFly Preorders Feb 25, 2013, 22:23 jdreyer

I wonder how the A:CM debacle is affecting preorders of this game, and if all these enticements are partially a result of that.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

1. Re: BioShock Infinite GameFly Preorders Feb 25, 2013, 22:05 xXBatmanXx

This all reeks of bad sales numbers......ala Brink. I got RAGE and another game free I think when I ordered Brink.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo