Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Command & Conquer to Eventually Add Red Alert, Tiberium

There are new previews of Command & Conquer on Computer and Video Games, Eurogamer, IGN, PC Gamer, and Polygon, based on hands-on time with the upcoming free-to-play installment in the real-time strategy series. There are also stories on Computer and Video Games and VG247 about Victory Games' plans to support the game after launch by releasing additional content covering a mix of the various storylines explored by the series. "At the outset we’re starting out in the Generals universe with an initial set of three factions. I think the first things you’ll see come from us will be additional maps, additional game modes and additional generals to help tailor play to your own style Over time we’ll add a couple of new factions. We’re already talking about different mini-campaigns, and story-based modes that might appeal to players who are used to that more campaign-based experience," Tim Morten, senior development director tells VG247. "Longer term we’re looking at revisiting other C&C universes such as Tiberium and Red Alert, and even exploring completely new fictions. The vision is expected to continue for years and even decades down the line."

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: New Command & Conquer to Eventually Add Red Alert, Tiberium Feb 26, 2013, 12:32 SpectralMeat

Jerykk wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 01:36:
CVG has new footage here: CVG

As for the game itself, I think it could be good. The lack of a proper SP campaign is disappointing but the game will have skirmish mode against bots, in addition to a new horde-style mode. In most RTSes, skirmish and multiplayer are the most-played modes so making the game F2P makes sense. Who knows, if the game does well, they may add SP campaigns.

On the bright side, I see bomb trucks, angry mobs, toxin rebels, technicals and tunnels in the video, so the GLA looks to be back in good form.

Thanks!
I did not know there will be skirmish against bots. That's pretty much all I play in RTS games.
For some reason I thought they said there won't be any bots in the game, only online MP.
If there's skirmish vs bots then color me interested again.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: New Command & Conquer to Eventually Add Red Alert, Tiberium Feb 26, 2013, 03:42 Keith

This is one of those franchises, like Duke 3D, that you wonder how someone could just F-up so badly. I dig RTS games, but every time I tried to play something past Generals I just thought "oh my... here's one I won't be buying". But I tried and tried, usually picking them up at some Steam sale where they were only $2. And I still felt cheated. Not at the cost, but at the time I spent anxiously waiting for it to install only to spend a hour with it and go "yep, I was right. Sucks big time."  

13. Re: New Command & Conquer to Eventually Add Red Alert, Tiberium Feb 26, 2013, 03:10 Cypher

edaciousx wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 20:34:
Cypher wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 17:58:
edaciousx wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 15:53:
they should have never let westwood studios go.... C&C3 was the last good C&C that I played, probably because it was the last project Westwood worked on. Hopefully this new one is somewhat decent.

Westwood had absolutely NOTHING at all to do with C&C3.

Absolutely nothing? Are you "absolutely" sure? Work was done on C&C3 before westwood closed down but it was concept work and early unit designs and stuff like that. It definitely was the last game Westwood touched before they closed down.

Yes, I'm quite sure.
True, there were some concept pieces done by Westwood for their project Incursion.
C&C3 used about 3 of those concept pieces (like the Nod Power Plant). But those were just archival stuff.

None of the Westwood staff had any input on C&C3.

12. Re: New Command & Conquer to Eventually Add Red Alert, Tiberium Feb 26, 2013, 01:36 Jerykk

CVG has new footage here: CVG

As for the game itself, I think it could be good. The lack of a proper SP campaign is disappointing but the game will have skirmish mode against bots, in addition to a new horde-style mode. In most RTSes, skirmish and multiplayer are the most-played modes so making the game F2P makes sense. Who knows, if the game does well, they may add SP campaigns.

On the bright side, I see bomb trucks, angry mobs, toxin rebels, technicals and tunnels in the video, so the GLA looks to be back in good form.

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 2013, 01:42.

11. Re: New Command & Conquer to Eventually Add Red Alert, Tiberium Feb 25, 2013, 22:57 SpectralMeat

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 19:54:
Optional nickname wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 17:47:
if this 'new' CNC is getting in the way of getting us Generals2 for spring of 2013, then kill me now.

This new game is all we're getting. Generals 2 is no more. Well, it's been turned into this F2P thing.

If they have a decent campaign and/or AI skirmish mode, I'll play it. I rarely ever waste my time with competitive multiplayer in RTS games...
I thought there was some news about that a while back, how there will be no single player campaign in this game. Most likely online mp only.

Steam: SpectralMeat

10. Re: New Command & Conquer to Eventually Add Red Alert, Tiberium Feb 25, 2013, 20:34 edaciousx

Cypher wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 17:58:
they should have never let westwood studios go.... C&C3 was the last good C&C that I played, probably because it was the last project Westwood worked on. Hopefully this new one is somewhat decent.

Absolutely nothing? Are you "absolutely" sure? Work was done on C&C3 before westwood closed down but it was concept work and early unit designs and stuff like that. It definitely was the last game Westwood touched before they closed down.

9. Re: New Command & Conquer to Eventually Add Red Alert, Tiberium Feb 25, 2013, 20:17 SirKnight

if this 'new' CNC is getting in the way of getting us Generals2 for spring of 2013, then kill me now.

From the IGN link:

The new Command & Conquer -- formerly known as C&C: Generals 2 -- is real, and we've played it.

8. Re: New Command & Conquer to Eventually Add Red Alert, Tiberium Feb 25, 2013, 19:54 jacobvandy

This new game is all we're getting. Generals 2 is no more. Well, it's been turned into this F2P thing.

If they have a decent campaign and/or AI skirmish mode, I'll play it. I rarely ever waste my time with competitive multiplayer in RTS games...

7. Re: New Command & Conquer to Eventually Add Red Alert, Tiberium Feb 25, 2013, 18:05 Yosemite Sam

Dammit! I don't want a P2W Generals 2... oh well, another one bites the dust.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

6. Re: New Command & Conquer to Eventually Add Red Alert, Tiberium Feb 25, 2013, 17:58 Cypher

5. Re: New Command & Conquer to Eventually Add Red Alert, Tiberium Feb 25, 2013, 17:47 Optional nickname

4. Re: New Command & Conquer to Eventually Add Red Alert, Tiberium Feb 25, 2013, 17:43 |oR|jonvall

Played this about a week ago....hmmmm....looks different then the one I played.

**EDIT** Now i know why it looked differnet....because iw as playing C&C Tiberium Alliances....and it sucked!

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2013, 17:51.

3. Re: New Command & Conquer to Eventually Add Red Alert, Tiberium Feb 25, 2013, 16:32 Slayblaze

"At the outset we’re starting out in the Generals universe"

That's where my ears really perked up hard.
And not just my ears either.

2. Re: New Command & Conquer to Eventually Add Red Alert, Tiberium Feb 25, 2013, 15:53 edaciousx

1. Re: New Command & Conquer to Eventually Add Red Alert, Tiberium Feb 25, 2013, 14:28 Wallshadows

Unless it bombs then they pull a Pitchford and deny its existence in hopes that it'll blow over.  

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo