Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 26, 2013, 01:05 SectorEffector

As i clutch my android you ruffian.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 25, 2013, 22:53 xXBatmanXx

I find it a little funny that the 2 people right away jumping on iPhone crits have 3 posts and 21 posts.....

My small sample includes everyone I work with and family members who own IPhones. They have all seen the S3 and said "that will be my next phone".

Samsung is wayyyy ahead of Apple.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

16. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 25, 2013, 22:13 Redmask

Complaining about someone liking or hating Apple too much? That's not exclusive to this site, its everywhere. You might as well piss into a literal wind. It's the internet and marketing has created brand whores out of everyone. You can't like or dislike something without angering someone who thinks you're attacking or judging their personal taste. You posted twice in seeming support of Apple, I'm just suggesting that for someone who claims to have bigger fish to fry, perhaps you're not as unbiased as you think.

15. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 25, 2013, 20:24 SectorEffector

Don't talk about slanted opinions yet.

Your statement could easily be seen as pejorative therefore its understandable for you to see how one may think you are taking a preference.

You seem to get me all wrong. The entire meaning of my diatribe was that no news about Apple appears on this site without the same ole hate.

I've gotten tired of it and was pointing it out.

14. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 25, 2013, 19:05 Redmask

SectorEffector wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 18:30:
Redmask wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 18:04:
You also have an iPhone 5 which was painfully obvious without even googling it.

The only thing that should be painfully obvious is you falling right into the same hate train.

I expressed no personal preference at all. You talk about having balanced opinion but you seemed very slanted to me, that's why I even commented in the first place.

13. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 25, 2013, 18:30 SectorEffector

Redmask wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 18:04:

The only thing that should be painfully obvious is you falling right into the same hate train.

Bluesnews has quite a few users who seemingly think liking both platforms means frothing at the mouth for steve Jobs's scrotum tissue.

Let me try out Android and iOS, let me discuss both of them without any stupid one sided bias.. Seriously, when you jump on the hate train you just seem that much more silly to me. I love Bluesnews, but it drives me nuts when angry users can't rationally dislike something properly with any respect to some industry professionals that just wanted a phone and just ended up happy with the Android or iPhone they got.

Bigger fish to fry buddy.

12. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 25, 2013, 18:04 Redmask

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 25, 2013, 17:00 SectorEffector

Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 11:18:
If you ignore all those, DUDE, ANDROID is TEH SHITZ, BRO!

I guess I shouldn't expect more than mouth-breathing fanboyism out of a site that doesn't understand the difference between less problems and fewer problems.

Creston

FTFY

I expected something a little more intelligent out of Creston. He's up there with his per usual wit and "that's the end of dialogue" way of wording though.

FTR: I own two android devices which are great

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 25, 2013, 16:56 SectorEffector

Orphic Resonance wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 14:20:
iphones are douchebags

just sayin

You sound like a douchebag.

just sayin

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2013, 17:03.

9. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 25, 2013, 16:51 Quboid

Don't iPhones have better battery life than most high end phones? My SGS3 is pretty poor, it doesn't last a day of heavy usage.  

- Quboid

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 25, 2013, 16:40 John

Choachy wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 12:33:
Your comment is about as bad as that article. In your bitching about them generalizing, you tried to generalize and it didnt even make sense.

When Apple used Google's map app on previous iOS versions, it sucked. When Appled tried to make their own, it sucked. Thats why i used Waze. Or one of the other numerous map apps that work just fine. That has nothing to do with phone problems.

My iphone cal syncs with my Exchange server without a problem, and has for a long time. WTF mate.

The iphone 5 battery is so much better than they were on my HTC and Samsung phones. But I think battery life is directly related to user knowledge. Dont leave GPS apps running all the time, turn off bluetooth if you dont use it, etc. Shit like that.
I agree except about the Maps.. I haven't had any problems with it, but you are correct that there are many others to choose from in the AppStore. The battery life is good too as I can go a whole day without charging and I use my phone quite a bit.

This space is available for rent

7. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 25, 2013, 14:20 Orphic Resonance

iphones are douchebags

just sayin

6. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 25, 2013, 13:52 Beamer

I've seen infinitely more broken iPhones than any other phone. I've also seen infinitely more iPhones than any other phone, so...

Truthfully I can't recall seeing any other phone with a cracked screen (edit - definitely seen one cracked Samsung Android.) But the people I've seen with cracked iPhones are also the people I would always assume would crack their phone. They're just not very good with devices. No matter which phone they had they'd be dropping them, losing them, letting them fall into water, etc. Idiot users will break almost anything, and with the iPhone being the go-to device it'll have a higher percentage of idiot users. They don't research, they just buy what friends have. It's part of why they don't care enough to take care of a device.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 25, 2013, 13:02 nate12345

Of the 4 family members I have who own an Iphone (4 and 5s), 3 of them are broken in some way! Two dropped and cracked the glass, and the other, I don't know wtf happened to it but the aluminum on the back is all bent inward so that phone only works some of the time. I cant say Android phones have been better as frankly I'm the only one who owns one (my wife is more a tablet person, she has a Nexus 10).

You small sample will have a very very low confidence interval. The authors of the study in the article have access to way more data points, and their results will have much greater confidence.

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 25, 2013, 12:34 Verno

I dropped my Nexus S into a draft pint by accident while reaching the other day so I've since upgraded to a Nexus 4. I only have a family members iPhone 5 to compare it to but the stock Android experience on 4.2 has now definitely surpassed iOS on modern hardware. There is just so much more you can do with it even without 3rd party apps and performance is fantastic. I have no idea about long term build quality yet for obvious reasons but it seems reasonably well constructed. My only dislike is a non-user removable battery and no SD card (again). Google seems to hate SD cards for some reason.

Also too bad about the Nook, they were pretty nice units. I am married to my Kindle but I have played with a friends Nook ST and it was really comfortable to use.

Edit - nevermind:

Update: We've heard from a Barnes & Noble spokesperson who has said that "we have no plans to discontinue our award-winning line of NOOK products".

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2013, 12:41.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 25, 2013, 12:33 Choachy

Your comment is about as bad as that article. In your bitching about them generalizing, you tried to generalize and it didnt even make sense.

When Apple used Google's map app on previous iOS versions, it sucked. When Appled tried to make their own, it sucked. Thats why i used Waze. Or one of the other numerous map apps that work just fine. That has nothing to do with phone problems.

My iphone cal syncs with my Exchange server without a problem, and has for a long time. WTF mate.

The iphone 5 battery is so much better than they were on my HTC and Samsung phones. But I think battery life is directly related to user knowledge. Dont leave GPS apps running all the time, turn off bluetooth if you dont use it, etc. Shit like that.

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 25, 2013, 12:29 Fion

Jeez Creston, lay off the poor Iphone 5. It's already overly expensive, a generation behind in hardware as well as software capabilities, not to mention not selling remotely as well as it should, getting spanked by Samsung and Android is pushing it further and further down in the smartphone market. Let them have just this one thing! They deserve it.

Oh what am I talking about? Of the 4 family members I have who own an Iphone (4 and 5s), 3 of them are broken in some way! Two dropped and cracked the glass, and the other, I don't know wtf happened to it but the aluminum on the back is all bent inward so that phone only works some of the time. I cant say Android phones have been better as frankly I'm the only one who owns one (my wife is more a tablet person, she has a Nexus 10). It's my greatest shame to admit I come from an Isheep family. :p

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Feb 25, 2013, 11:18 Creston

iPhone 5 Most reliable smartphone by far. You know, if you don't need things such as maps, or being able to sync your calendar with an Exchange server. Or such ancient concepts as decent battery life.

If you ignore all those, DUDE, the iPhone 5 is TEH SHITZ, BRO!

I guess I shouldn't expect more than mouth-breathing fanboyism out of a site that doesn't understand the difference between less problems and fewer problems.

Creston

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo