Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 26, 2013, 03:10 LittleMe

Yeah I agree with both of you. But the conversation digressed.

Crawford herself acknowledges this, arguing "America needs more people who can calmly and rationally oppose the free-marketeer rhetoric."

What a loaded statement. And it shows a disconnect between her thinking and reality. The reality is that we don't have a free market when it comes to Internet access. Also she loads the statement by using the word 'marketeer' which insidiously implies overly exploitative intent. The opposite is true. We've been overly exploited by the Duopoly. If we had choice, we could more often choose the least exploitative provider.

Crawford's sweeping indictment of big business is unlikely to find a sympathetic ear among conservatives or libertarians.

The article writer Timothy B. Lee is rather wrong here. Libertarians do not want or support government-backed big business.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2013, 17:45 Wowbagger_TIP

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 17:44:
RollinThundr wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 17:06:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 17:01:
RollinThundr wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 16:41:
I'm not, just tired of hearing how "for the US people" democrats are, when they're pretty much the exact polar opposite in reality.

Yes, just like republicans, or are we still pretending that they don't do the same crap? The Tea Party ones come in talking like they're different, but they're really just a lot dumber, and still want to violate the Constitution six ways from Sunday. The only expertise most congresspeople have is in the pandering department.

Not that most republicans are any better, I don't disagree there, but I think you're confused, it's the democrats that have issues with the 2nd amendment, and like to push through health care bills as a service from the government then pass it off as a tax to circumvent the constitution.

Obama took an oath to uphold it, and he's been pissing all over it every chance he gets since day one in office.

I'm not confused at all. There's a lot more to the Constitution than the 2nd amendment, which I happen to fully support as well. Both parties are very much responsible for ignoring the parts of it that they don't like. Their respective fan-bases just tend to give them a pass on it because they don't like those parts either, or just hate the other guys so much that they turn a blind eye and/or rationalize the hell out of it.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2013, 18:25.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

15. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2013, 17:44 Wowbagger_TIP

Dupe. Deleted.

This comment was edited on Feb 25, 2013, 18:25.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

14. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2013, 17:06 RollinThundr

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 17:01:
space admiral wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 16:15:
RollinThundr wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 16:06:
LittleMe wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 10:55:
Rather than advocating a focus on constraining the power of broadband duopolists, she calls for a broad increase in government involvement in the communications industry. That approach didn't work very well the last time we tried it in the mid-20th Century. And it would likely work even worse today.

Well said! She's an opportunist looking to 'create jobs' regulating things when it wouldn't work and would cost a lot of money. I wonder what her conflicts of interests are in advocating further federal regulatory powers over the Internet when she herself was an adviser to Obama. Hmmmm. Let me guess... She wants an appointed job and to be the center of attention at dinner parties??

Oh hey a democrat wanting in increase government power. That never happens.

SMASH THE STATE!

hell yeh RollinChikn - i didnt know you were an anarchist?!

lets roll!

I'm not, just tired of hearing how "for the US people" democrats are, when they're pretty much the exact polar opposite in reality.

Yes, just like republicans, or are we still pretending that they don't do the same crap? The Tea Party ones come in talking like they're different, but they're really just a lot dumber, and still want to violate the Constitution six ways from Sunday. The only expertise most congresspeople have is in the pandering department.

Not that most republicans are any better, I don't disagree there, but I think you're confused, it's the democrats that have issues with the 2nd amendment, and like to push through health care bills as a service from the government then pass it off as a tax to circumvent the constitution.

Obama took an oath to uphold it, and he's been pissing all over it every chance he gets since day one in office.

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2013, 17:03 RollinThundr

space admiral wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 16:57:

fuck the US...

the people could be ok, but the govt is a diabolical scam

and the problem is that people cant live without the govt... they just cant take care of themselves on their own

The reason for that is we don't teach kids how to be personally responsible anymore. Now they're taught to be entitled with the hand out mentality. Thank you liberal educators, you've done such a bang up job at the useless department of education over the past 20+ years.

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2013, 17:01 Wowbagger_TIP

Rather than advocating a focus on constraining the power of broadband duopolists, she calls for a broad increase in government involvement in the communications industry. That approach didn't work very well the last time we tried it in the mid-20th Century. And it would likely work even worse today.

Well said! She's an opportunist looking to 'create jobs' regulating things when it wouldn't work and would cost a lot of money. I wonder what her conflicts of interests are in advocating further federal regulatory powers over the Internet when she herself was an adviser to Obama. Hmmmm. Let me guess... She wants an appointed job and to be the center of attention at dinner parties??

SMASH THE STATE!

lets roll!

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2013, 16:57 space admiral

fuck the US...

the people could be ok, but the govt is a diabolical scam

and the problem is that people cant live without the govt... they just cant take care of themselves on their own

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2013, 16:41 RollinThundr

SMASH THE STATE!

lets roll!

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2013, 16:15 space admiral

SMASH THE STATE!

lets roll!

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2013, 16:06 RollinThundr

7. Re: PopeZero Feb 25, 2013, 15:32 space admiral

nin wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 15:23:
Back so soon?

just for you...

Smooch

6. Re: PopeZero Feb 25, 2013, 15:23 nin

space admiral wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 15:22:
I vote for CherryPope2000

light that smokestack, my brothas

Back so soon?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5. PopeZero Feb 25, 2013, 15:22 space admiral

I vote for CherryPope2000

light that smokestack, my brothas

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2013, 14:59 NegaDeath

I never liked NewPope, I preferred PopeClassic. CherryPope was good too.  

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2013, 11:38 nin

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 10:30:
I'm looking forward to @NewPope

Kids will prefer to be touched by oldpope than newpope.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2013, 10:55 LittleMe

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2013, 10:30 Wowbagger_TIP

I'm looking forward to @NewPope

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo