Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 26, 2013, 01:19 Ant

I still use one 19" 5:4 LCD monitor at home. A 20" Sharp CRT TV for my fullscreen videos.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 25, 2013, 18:27 jdreyer

Bhruic wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 17:35:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 13:32:
I'd hardly call it "Triple monitor gaming on a budget" when you use 3 x 30 inch monitors.

If they were pricing monitors you'd be correct. But they were pricing (and comparing) graphics cards. If they are powerful enough to handle 3x30 inches, they'd be powerful enough to handle smaller triple monitors as well.

Yeah, I got that, it's just that very few people have 3 identical monitors just hanging around doing nothing. They'd have to buy those too. So, it needs to be factored in. I wish they'd addressed that.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 25, 2013, 17:35 Bhruic

I'd hardly call it "Triple monitor gaming on a budget" when you use 3 x 30 inch monitors.

If they were pricing monitors you'd be correct. But they were pricing (and comparing) graphics cards. If they are powerful enough to handle 3x30 inches, they'd be powerful enough to handle smaller triple monitors as well.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 25, 2013, 16:51 Dev

What I'd really like to see is a pair of "complimentary" square monitors sold for the purposes of triple mon gaming. So, if I have a 1920 x 1200 monitor, I can get two square 1200x1200 monitors for my peripheral vision. Not only does this require less graphical processing power, but it also fits better on my desk.
Square LCDs are unusual. There'd have to be a big demand, and I don't think a few people lacking in a couple inches of desk space are that market. Even 4:3 monitors are pretty rare nowadays.
Also, games probably aren't going to like trying to fit into a non standard set like that.

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 25, 2013, 14:18 Orphic Resonance

You should send this to Techspot so they can correct their mistake.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 25, 2013, 13:53 jdreyer

Great article on checking TRIM. Will have to try that tonight after work.  

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 25, 2013, 13:32 jdreyer

What I'd really like to see is a pair of "complimentary" square monitors sold for the purposes of triple mon gaming. So, if I have a 1920 x 1200 monitor, I can get two square 1200x1200 monitors for my peripheral vision. Not only does this require less graphical processing power, but it also fits better on my desk.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo