Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Old School RuneScape Launches

The RuneScape 2007 Server Poll announces the launch of Old School RuneScape following a vote of support from RuneScape players for a retro version of the free-to-play adventure game. The fledgling version is live for all who have voted, but Jagex is also still deciding how much support to put behind this. Word is:

RuneScape as it was in late 2007 has often been heralded as one of the defining periods of the game by its players. Since 2007 the game has undergone some significant improvements, including a completely new graphic and audio engine, upgrade of its combat system and with additional quests and updates added weekly.

Through the vote over the next week, RuneScape players will decide what level of investment the Old School RuneScape should receive going forward, ranging from a basic service with just critical maintenance, to an additional full blown development team focusing on evolving that game in a different direction the players votes will decide.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Old School RuneScape Launches Feb 23, 2013, 05:47 Armengar

Probably rose tinted glasses. Asherons call was brilliant but I think a retro release would look a fair bit dated.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Old School RuneScape Launches Feb 23, 2013, 03:31 Bradley

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 23, 2013, 00:50:
I offer a kidney for a retro SWG server.

Your's, or just one you happened to have lying around?

3. Re: Old School RuneScape Launches Feb 23, 2013, 00:50 The Half Elf

I offer a kidney for a retro SWG server.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

2. Re: Old School RuneScape Launches Feb 22, 2013, 20:41 LaxerFL

I didn't think it was possible for RuneScape to get any more old school...
Has anyone played this game? Is it horrible? The few screen shots I've seen of it look terrible!

1. Re: Old School RuneScape Launches Feb 22, 2013, 17:48 nin

Old School Runescape...is it running on a C64 or something?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo