Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks

The Steam Page for BioShock Infinite is now accepting pre-purchases of Irrational Games' upcoming first-person shooter sequel. This does not include a discount, but includes three reward tiers that will unlock as more customers make an advance commitment. The first tier is already unlocked, so this offer now includes a free copy of the original BioShock. The second tier, currently one percent complete, will add exclusive BioShock Infinite Team Fortress 2 items, and the third tier will add a free copy of X-Com: Enemy Unknown. Those who already own one or both of the bonus games can gift them to friends through Steam.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks Feb 23, 2013, 10:53 Sleeeeepy

Yes, Xcom is an excellent game that everyone should own however you may be able to get a good separate deal on it in the near future, and Spec Ops is also pretty solid. I don't think there's a clear absolute answer to this one, so hopefully everyone can make their own call.

But if you go for the GMG and you don't have xcom, get xcom separately. It owns.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks Feb 23, 2013, 05:56 Mashiki Amiketo

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 23, 2013, 04:13:
Eh, it's gambling. It's always a risk. Some times you win, some times you lose. Getting Bioshock for preordering the third game in the franchise is a bit surely most people have it due to sales etc.
Not any screwier than say getting a copy of a game that you've already got through sales for example. Then again, it's easier to give away a copy of the game and have people gift a copy if they have one already and hook them to the game more than anything else.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

14. Re: BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks Feb 23, 2013, 04:45 peteham

GMG has a similar deal. Though it's 37 euros instead of the 49 on Steam (I assume the digits are exactly the same on the dollar-side of the pond), and you get two free games. Bioshock 1 + *either* Bioshock 2, Mafia 2, The Darkness 2, Civ 5 or Spec Ops: The Line.

If you don't have XCom the Steam deal might still be preferable (assuming it reaches tier3), but the GMG deal is a decent alternative if you already have it.

13. Re: BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks Feb 23, 2013, 04:13 netnerd85

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 23, 2013, 02:37:
Really? Xcom did the same thing and it was a kick ass game.
Eh, it's gambling. It's always a risk. Some times you win, some times you lose. Getting Bioshock for preordering the third game in the franchise is a bit surely most people have it due to sales etc.

12. Re: BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks Feb 23, 2013, 02:37 Mashiki Amiketo

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 20:14:
In other words.

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

ALARM! ALARM! ALARM!

DO NOT BUY!

Side note: Who is that fucking stupid, honestly. Shit "perks".
Really? Xcom did the same thing and it was a kick ass game.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

11. Re: BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks Feb 22, 2013, 22:40 Jerykk

I don't really mind if publishers give you free games for pre-ordering. I'd rather they do that instead of cutting content that would otherwise be part of the game or offering overpowered items that ruin the first half of the game.  

10. Re: BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks Feb 22, 2013, 20:14 netnerd85

In other words.

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

ALARM! ALARM! ALARM!

DO NOT BUY!

Side note: Who is that fucking stupid, honestly. Shit "perks".

9. Re: BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks Feb 22, 2013, 20:12 Kajetan

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 19:16:
Did preordering Aliens:Space Marines teach people nothing!!
Some people are emotional dependent on games. They CANNOT act otherwise, even when they exactly know what they are doing.

8. Re: BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks Feb 22, 2013, 19:55 NegaDeath

It's been available for pre-order on Steam for awhile now. Sure enough I log into Steam just now and I have a free copy of Bioshock.

Probably the last game I'll ever pre-order.

7. Re: BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks Feb 22, 2013, 19:54 ViRGE

DangerDog wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 18:05:
I really despise this new "gaming" of pre-order perks.
Agreed.

6. Re: BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks Feb 22, 2013, 19:41 Techie714

Now if someone gifts me Xcom I'm going to be pissed! lol  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

5. Re: BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks Feb 22, 2013, 19:16 Marvin T. Martian

Did preordering Aliens:Space Marines teach people nothing!!

We are Borg!! .....you know the rest.

4. Re: BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks Feb 22, 2013, 19:08 Tumbler

Oh my, free Xcom plus they let u gift if u have it already? The push to buy guys is coming from so many directions. Gmg will give me $14 and an older game, steam will give me Xcom, amazon will give me $30 in credits to buy 2k games.... Must hold out. Must not buy at launch.  
99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

3. Re: BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks Feb 22, 2013, 18:47 Techie714

Just pre-ordered on Steam

*NIN forced me to....lol

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

2. Re: BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks Feb 22, 2013, 18:05 DangerDog

I really despise this new "gaming" of pre-order perks.  

1. Re: BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks Feb 22, 2013, 17:49 nin

OK, I'd cancel my amazon order for Xcom. Get crackin folks.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo