Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers

Ubisoft is actively seeking to improve its relationship with the PC gaming community, as seen in comments on MCV that acknowledge the damage the publisher's recent actions have caused in that area, in particular, their recently ended "always on" DRM policy. "Announcing all these partners for Uplay and a wider choice of PC games, it shows our commitment to PC, and we want to improve out [sic] relationship with the PC community," Ubisoft's worldwide Uplay director Stephanie Perotti told them. "We are always seeking to improve. We took a lot of that feedback on board. With every game on PC we are improving. Far Cry 3 and Assassin’s Creed III on PC were very high quality."

View
59 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

19. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 13:26 nin

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 13:08:
Creston wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 11:42:
Oh, fucking great.

Re: Watch dogs

“Watch Dogs is all about hyperconnectivity,” said Morin. “To me, that has to mean all the time and anywhere. So yes, other people are out there all the time, when you don’t expect it. Whether you’re playing single-player or multiplayer, it’s happening. You’re saying asynchronous but it’s much more real-time than that…”

So, always-on then?

Creston

I think that would be a pretty awesome way to play the game. You ever know who is real person and who is Ai.
I think there was a hint for that in their first trailer that they've showed way back right at the end when the camera pulled back and you could see all the other real players in the city.

With that said hopefully they will have an offline mode of some sort.

Agree on both. It would be kind of cool to be hunting a specific target while you yourself were a specific target for someone else.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 13:08 SpectralMeat

Creston wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 11:42:
Oh, fucking great.

“Watch Dogs is all about hyperconnectivity,” said Morin. “To me, that has to mean all the time and anywhere. So yes, other people are out there all the time, when you don’t expect it. Whether you’re playing single-player or multiplayer, it’s happening. You’re saying asynchronous but it’s much more real-time than that…”

So, always-on then?

Creston

I think that would be a pretty awesome way to play the game. You ever know who is real person and who is Ai.
I think there was a hint for that in their first trailer that they've showed way back right at the end when the camera pulled back and you could see all the other real players in the city.

With that said hopefully they will have an offline mode of some sort.

I always liked Ubi games and I am happy to hear they are committed to serve PC gamers.

Steam: SpectralMeat

17. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 13:05 4D-Boxing

Start with real dedicated servers including a client we can download that will give UBI 6 months probation. If they keep up the good work, then we'll re evaluate our position and get the international pc gamers board of governors to vote on UBI's reinstatement.  

16. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 13:05 Tipsy McStagger

Ripperjack wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 09:53:
Looks like Ubisoft wants it's battered PC wife back, after she left because Ubisoft was having an affair with a bunch of console mistresses.

Ubisoft - "Come back baby. It will be different this time I swear!... What? Those bedroom DRM restraints... they are nothing, I promise!"

Exactly This.

15. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 12:04 theyarecomingforyou

Verno wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 09:17:
While not perfect, Far Cry 3 and AC3 were pretty good PC ports. I don't love Uplay but its fairly innocuous and at least works with Steam in a roundabout way. I'm glad they backed down on their weird DRM strategy, they make a lot of interesting games and I didn't want to miss out on a bunch.
This.

Ubisoft is better than a lot of publishers when it comes to PC, especially now that it has backed down from its DRM policy.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

14. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 11:57 Armengar

Nah, too many other games on my list. Might check them out on steam sales depending on whatever DRM they have cooked up then.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

13. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 11:51 PHJF

Well PS4 ISN'T always on, so bullshit.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

12. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 11:42 Creston

Oh, fucking great.

So, always-on then?

Creston

11. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 11:34 KS

I will put up with irritating DRM if it's just a fun game to play. Yes gaming is reduced to that IMHO.  

10. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 11:22 Omni

Ubisoft says one thing and does another, we already been here before with them and there always online bs.
Every time they come out and say shit like this it only makes it worse cause they dont do shit about there Uplay and always online DRM.

9. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 10:52 Bard

Ubisoft can go screw themselves.

They are quite happy to shovel product that doesn't work out the door and never have it fixed, while including the most invasive DRM schemes possible.

I'm not buying an UBIsoft product again - there's more than enough great games on the market that work and don't punish me for being honest and purchasing their product.

8. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 10:50 Creston

While not perfect, Far Cry 3 and AC3 were pretty good PC ports. I don't love Uplay but its fairly innocuous and at least works with Steam in a roundabout way. I'm glad they backed down on their weird DRM strategy, they make a lot of interesting games and I didn't want to miss out on a bunch.

Yeah, it would have sucked to have to miss out on Watch dogs, because it looks really cool.

Anyway, I'm glad they stopped with the bullshit always-on DRM. Now I just wish the fucking Uplay client would integrate better with Steam. If I launch the Uplay client itself, I see no games. I have to launch Steam first, then let IT launch the Uplay client, before I see AC3. It's ridiculous how convoluted that has gotten. It takes like a minute to start the stupid game.

Creston

7. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 10:29 ASeven

It'll be hard to rinse away the bad taste the DRM and all their asinine statements about PC gaming and gamers. If they want to win my money back they'll have to try a lot harder than "Look! FC3 and AC3 were high quality for PC guyz!"  

6. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 10:27 wtf_man

Riker wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 10:25:
I'm done giving Ubisoft my money. They fucked me with Settlers 7 (long story). Even if "always on" DRM is gone, they've permanently damaged their reputation with me.

I can understand that. I feel the same way about EA. Origin will never be installed on my machine.

5. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 10:25 Riker

I'm done giving Ubisoft my money. They fucked me with Settlers 7 (long story). Even if "always on" DRM is gone, they've permanently damaged their reputation with me.  

4. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 10:05 Darks

While Im glad to see this coming form them. I will trust them more when they fix the remaining issues with Ghost Recon Future Soldier.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

3. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 09:53 Ripperjack

Looks like Ubisoft wants it's battered PC wife back, after she left because Ubisoft was having an affair with a bunch of console mistresses.

Ubisoft - "Come back baby. It will be different this time I swear!... What? Those bedroom DRM restraints... they are nothing, I promise!"

2. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 09:22 wtf_man

Ditto.
UPlay is annoying extra launch click for offline mode... but I can live with that.
I have the NIC in my gaming rig turned off 95% of the time... the exception is buying and downloading new games, patching, and playing GW2 (or some other MMO).

1. Re: Ubisoft Courting PC Gamers Feb 22, 2013, 09:17 Verno

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

59 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo