Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced

Irrational Games offers details on a Season Pass for BioShock Infinite that includes three add-on packs valued at USD $30.00 for the upcoming shooter sequel for the discounted price of $19.99. Here are some details:

Irrational Games today announced that production of downloadable content has recently begun for BioShock Infinite and revealed details of the BioShock Infinite Season Pass. Three all-new add-on packs will provide hours of additional gameplay and continue the player’s journey in the sky-city of Columbia with new stories, characters, abilities and weapons.

Those who purchase the BioShock Infinite Season Pass will also receive the Early Bird Special Pack at no extra cost. This bonus pack contains four pieces of exclusive gear, a Machine Gun Damage Upgrade, a Pistol Damage Upgrade, a gold skin for both weapons and five Infusion bottles that allow players to increase their health, their shield durability or their ability to use Vigors by increasing the quantity of Salts they can carry.

The BioShock Infinite Season Pass will be available on March 26, 2013 when the game is planned to launch, and provide nearly $30.00 of add-on content for $19.99 (PlayStation®Network, Windows® PC) or 1,600 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network) – a savings of more than 30%. The Season Pass will include all three add-on packs, and can be pre-ordered today through www.preordernow.com or at a participating retailer.

View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 22, 2013, 16:54 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 22, 2013, 16:09:
Sales must not be going well, get 2 premium old games at GMG when you buy Infinite.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/bundles/

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 22, 2013, 16:09 xXBatmanXx

Sales must not be going well, get 2 premium games at GMG when you buy Infinite.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/bundles/

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

28. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 22, 2013, 01:17 Creston

kyleb wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 16:56:
Good points from both of you. Morrowind was my first experience with RPGs, and I put a few hours into trying to kill that damned rat in the woman's basement before wandering off into some cave where I put 3 arrows into some Golem looking guy's head as he ran up and beat me to a bloody pulp without even flinching, which prompted me to give up and not come back to the game until years later.

I love Morrowind, but the first five or ten hours or so can be REALLY frustrating, because even right around the first town you get to, there are a ton of caves that are way too high level for you. The first time I played it I was really just trying to find an area where I could actually just PLAY.

That said, while Dark Souls' world certainly isn't as open as Bethesda games in some respects, it's not nearly "a nice linear rail" either, and is more open world than Bethesda's in the sense that you can explore the whole world without ever seeing a load screen other than the one when you start up the game.

Yeah, I didn't really mean that to imply that Dark Souls WAS a linear experience (since I didn't know, although I had actually thought it was, to be honest), but more that games a la Skyrim can quickly devolve into that if there is no level scaling of any kind whatsoever.

I'm mostly remembering Gothic II as being this way, but even Fallout New Vegas kinda suffered from it. If you play at hard or very hard, you're basically stuck following the U-shaped highway to Vegas, because otherwise you're just going to get ganked. (or at least you're going to suffer from aggravating battles against critters that will basically never die from your low-end shitty weapons unless you waste every single one of your bullets.)

I prefer there to be at least SOME ability to roam freely, and like I said, Skyrim will absolutely fuck you up if you go too far off the newbie paths. And I like that Bethesda at least built in limits this times. Bandits will always wear leather and have steel weapons or maybe an Orcish one at most. Unlike the horseshit vanilla Oblivion crap where Bandits would hold you up for 100 fucking gold while wearing 30K worth of Daedric Armor... (I'd have asked Todd Howard if he didn't think that was really weird, but it was pretty obvious that nobody at Bethesda ever played Oblivion for more than ~10 hours.)

Creston

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2013, 01:24.

27. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 19:50 netnerd85

Season pass = suckamaballs.

Who was the c*nt that started this Season pass sh*t?

[Edit]
LA Noire, really? That doesn't seem right... I thought it was a smaller company.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2013, 23:25.

26. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 17:45 xXBatmanXx

Good points from both of you. Morrowind was my first experience with RPGs, and put a few hours into trying to kill that damned rat in the woman's basement and wandering off into some cave where I put 3 arrows into some Golem looking guy as he ran up and beat me to a bloodly pulp without even flinching, which prompted me to give up and not come back to the game until years later.

hahahah sorry...I laugh cause almost everyone I talk to speaks of the rat....I love it. I tried and tried as well. I wanna go home and kill it now.

/edit:If you think about it - kinda like the rats in Fallout 1. hahahah

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2013, 18:10.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

25. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 17:10 AngelicPenguin

That said, while Dark Souls world certainly isn't as open as Bethesda games in some respects, it's not nearly "a nice linear rail" either, and is more open world than Bethesda's in the sense that you can explore the whole world without ever seeing a load screen other than the one when you start up the game. To all of you who've never bothered to play it: you're missing out on an amazing experience.

Yup, my game of the year

24. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 16:56 kyleb

Good points from both of you. Morrowind was my first experience with RPGs, and I put a few hours into trying to kill that damned rat in the woman's basement before wandering off into some cave where I put 3 arrows into some Golem looking guy's head as he ran up and beat me to a bloody pulp without even flinching, which prompted me to give up and not come back to the game until years later. And yeah, Skyrim isn't nearly as bad about the enemy scaling as Oblivion is, which is the game that really turned me off from the mechanic.

That said, while Dark Souls' world certainly isn't as open as Bethesda games in some respects, it's not nearly "a nice linear rail" either, and is more open world than Bethesda's in the sense that you can explore the whole world without ever seeing a load screen other than the one when you start up the game. To all of you who've never bothered to play it: you're missing out on an amazing experience.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2013, 17:53.

23. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 16:49 siapnar

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 14:40:
Where you been all week?
Lol, terrible PR statement to make

I have projectile dysfunction.

22. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 16:02 Creston

kyleb wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 15:50:
Bopper wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 09:08:
The great thing about Skyrim DLC is the fact that it invites you to start a new game as you can jump into the DLC and skip all the stuff you did the first playthrough as I am doing now.
I've enjoyed the 152 hours I've put into Skyrim and will be getting the DLC and playing plenty more at some point, but the way Bethesda scales the world around the player character isn't even a good thing in my book, let alone a great one. I much prefer the style of game were many areas, including those of the additional content, are filled with enemies that a character with low level gear has absolutely no chance will get utterly decimated by. Put simply, Bethestda games don't provoke anywhere near the sense of danger and accomplishment that one gets when playing something along the lines of Dark Souls.

Skyrim will own your ass if you walk too far away from Whiterun / Riverwood at low levels. Good luck trying to get see the Greybeards at level 5 or something. That Snow Bear or Ice Wraith on the stairs will absolutely murder you.

That said, Skyrim is pretty forgiving, but I do think it kind of has to be. If it was as tight as Dark Souls (never played it, but I can infer from everything I've read about it), then your "open world" because BECOMES (edit) a nice linear rail where if you deviate five steps from the "safe advance zone", you get sodomized. Not quite sure that's the best way to go either...

For all how much I absolutely LOVED OOO in Oblivion, he put a cave full of Amazons right outside the Imperial City. so the first time you walk into that cave, you get absolutely fucking gangraped, and you try a few more times before realizing that this cave is waaaay too high level for you. Note, this cave is literally 30 feet away from one of the main entrances into the imperial city, and the guards apparently ignore all these man-murdering Xenas out there?

Anyway, Dragonborn is excellent DLC, and I heartily recommend going to it at around level 20 or so. I waited until I was 30 (and then had so much shit to "quickly do before I leave" that I was 37 by the time i finally went,) and I'm overpowered for the island. (with the exception of Apocrypha, but that place is nuts...)

I think if you go early 20s, you'll have a great challenge while enjoying the quests and everything.

Creston

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2013, 01:11.

21. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 15:55 Bradley

kyleb wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 15:50:
I've enjoyed the 152 hours I've put into Skyrim and will be getting the DLC and playing plenty more at some point, but the way Bethesda scales the world around the player character isn't even a good thing in my book, let alone a great one. I much prefer the style of game were many areas, including those of the additional content, are filled with enemies that a character with low level gear has absolutely no chance will get utterly decimated by. Put simply, Bethestda games don't provoke anywhere near the sense of danger and accomplishment that one gets when playing something along the lines of Dark Souls.

They only recently started doing that with Oblivion. If you go back to previous games, like Morrowind, there are some areas that will just wipe you right out if you go there too early. That game does NOT hold your hand. I really with they would go back to that style.

20. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 15:50 kyleb

Bopper wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 09:08:
The great thing about Skyrim DLC is the fact that it invites you to start a new game as you can jump into the DLC and skip all the stuff you did the first playthrough as I am doing now.
I've enjoyed the 152 hours I've put into Skyrim and will be getting the DLC and playing plenty more at some point, but the way Bethesda scales the world around the player character isn't even a good thing in my book, let alone a great one. I much prefer the style of game where many areas, including those of the additional content, are filled with enemies that a character with low level gear has absolutely no chance will get utterly decimated by. Put simply, Bethestda games don't provoke anywhere near the sense of danger and accomplishment that one gets when playing something along the lines of Dark Souls.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2013, 16:07.

19. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 15:09 s1mon75

Fuck Season passes. These pricks wont get a cent from me.

I want to unlock portions of the game by playing the game, not opening my wallet. Didnt I pay full price the first time?

18. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 14:40 xXBatmanXx

siapnar wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 14:24:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 11:59:
"we cut so much content"
Did they actually say this?

Where you been all week?

17. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 14:24 siapnar

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 11:59:
"we cut so much content"
Did they actually say this?

I have projectile dysfunction.

16. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 12:34 wallace321

Did anybody overall have any problems with the quality of any of the Fallout3 or Fallout: NV DLC? I always end up getting it and the full game in the "GotY" or "ultimate" editions for less than the cost of the original game alone. But I totally admit I eventually got it; just very cheaply so I'm not that concerned if it had been cut from the original game.

Bioshock is single player! Don't people think they'll have enough game to play when it comes out to satisfy themselves until A. it actually comes out sometime this fall, or B. until it goes on sale for more than 30% off?? What if the game sucks!?

I bet the people who pre-ordered (what is essentially a pre-order in itself) the season pass for A:CM are kicking themselves haha!

15. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 11:59 xXBatmanXx

hahaha! Called it "we cut so much content" = rawr DLC!  

14. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 11:47 Jedi Master

I got the season pass for BL2 on a deal for $22.50 I think. The 3 DLCs from it so far released (I say that because a few non-SP DLCs have come out at $5 or less that I've skipped) have been $10 each and have yet to go on sale. Oh, I preordered so I got the 5th class DLC free. Haven't played the 3rd one yet, but the other 2 were both good so far...not $10 good, though, but I spent less than $6 for each and they're definitely worth that.

That said, I did it because I had BL1 and bought the DLC for that (individually) and liked it. These other games? Nope, not biting.

13. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 11:41 Armengar

nah, if I care about the game i'll get the DLC when it comes out on sale. I have borderlands 2 (sale) and havent had the need for DLC yet.  
Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

12. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 10:59 CJ_Parker

Not buying now. Literally letting a few seasons pass (haha right back at cha you Irrational fuckers! ) and waiting for a sale of the complete edition whenever that becomes available.

Sincerely,

a disgruntled (ex-)customer

11. Re: BioShock Infinite Season Pass Announced Feb 21, 2013, 10:51 MajorD

Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo