Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Path of Exile Race Events

The Path of Exile Website has details on the first season of "Race Events" in Grinding Gears' action/RPG, which will get underway on Saturday. As the following announcement explains, this expands on a series of events that proved popular during beta testing:

Auckland, New Zealand--February 21, 2013--Grinding Gear Games announced the first season of race events in the popular action RPG Path of Exile. Race events are short-term leagues separate from the main game with separate characters and varying goals that test the players' skill and luck. Season One commences on Saturday, February 23 and runs for six weeks until April 7 (New Zealand time).

Unlike the self-contained individual races held during Closed Beta, race events are now structured by seasons. There are prizes for the top-place finishers in each race, prizes achieving good results for a set of events in a season, and prizes for placing at the top of the realm overall in a given season. New custom prizes have been created for the events.

"The race events were extremely popular in Closed Beta," said Chris Wilson, producer for Grinding Gear Games. "The leagues generally reward players who can level up quickly and place in the top ranks of their character class, but there are also rewards for meeting objectives like finishing side quests or full-clearing areas first. By structuring the races into seasons, players are motivated to participate in multiple events and it gives them something meaningful to work toward over the course of several weeks."

View
9. Re: Path of Exile Race Events Feb 21, 2013, 20:23 MisterBenn

Yeah, I've gotta say I love it too. I've played it daily since the beta opened up. I've got a few characters on the go 'cause they're all interesting, my fire witch is l35 I think at the moment and a couple others are in the 20s. I'm tempted to buy some tabs since they do deserve some income from this. With just ethical transactions it will be interesting what sort of cash they make from this.

I just wish there was instanced loot in public parties, the timer is a minor help but in general people at the front of the action get more than their fair share and you have to focus on following drops while fighting and perhaps stop supporting the group to collect otherwise you will lose out. A lot of people vigorously defend it and I can kind of understand but I think being forced to scrap for loot dominates the gameplay too much and is a bit offputting.

Playing: Path of Exile, Age of Wonders III
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Feb 21, 09:35 Re: Path of Exile Race Events InBlack
  2. Feb 21, 10:35 Re: Path of Exile Race Events Wallshadows
  3. Feb 21, 11:04  Re: Path of Exile Race Events LgFriess
  4. Feb 21, 11:24   Re: Path of Exile Race Events NoodleFish
  5. Feb 21, 11:47    Re: Path of Exile Race Events Undocumented Alien
  6. Feb 21, 13:54     Re: Path of Exile Race Events rist3903
  7. Feb 21, 16:44      Re: Path of Exile Race Events Asmo
  8. Feb 21, 17:22       Re: Path of Exile Race Events Kosumo
>> 9. Feb 21, 20:23        Re: Path of Exile Race Events MisterBenn